Fab Haier Washing Machine

maya222t
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brought the Haier Washing Machine on 7th July 2008. Having problems, repair man visted twice, the first said stick the hose in the sink, the other said may be module etc but it will have other problems not worth fixing.

I wrote to Comet stating i have had 2 repair men come to see the machine, under the sales of goods act 1979 (as amended) that i want a refund, that i had not had a chance to accept it due to the short nature i have had it, also it is a breach of contract due to it being defective as not as described for purpose. I gave them 14 days to reply, they did next day.

I writted to customer service who say they need to inspect it, as they want to repair it.

I told no they have had a chance to inspect it which was last week, i want to exercise my rights for a refund now, given then 7 days and now asking for compensation as well due to the situation with my clothes.

Do i take them to the small claims court after this.

Or do i have to write to head office etc. etc.. as i have input already from customer service

It is off to court usually. I would have a stab at contacting Consumer Direct and let them know you have had a response. If they feel it is justified, your local TS may have a word with the store.

Exactly how long after you had the machine installed did it stop working and how many washes?

I only had the machine since 7th july 2008 and I wash around 4 times a week 2 loads. The machine started after 2 weeks.

Will talk again to TS as they have been helping as well.

Quite happy to take to court as I know theres gonna be a fight.

Thanks

Good luck. I dont know whether you would get a full refund - using the machine 8 times or thereabouts could be sufficient to count as acceptance of the goods. But that is for a court to decide. It is only speculation otherwise. If it is deemed to be accepted, then a repair or replacement is what you are looking at, or alternatively you can use the old route of damages (which is not something I would personally recommend).

I have written a letter of notice, so now they have offered me a exchange, but really want to stay away from Comet as a company and still want my refund, would the courts grant me a refund?

Hmmm difficult. There's no hard and fast rules about what acceptance is. I personally think it is a risk going to court with somethng like this. you could stick to your guns and see what the seller does - they may back down before court. They may not and a court may see a replacement as reasonable.

I would be minded to accept the replacement and if there are problems with that then you have very good grounds for a refund. If you choose this, I would make it known in writing that you will not accept a refund if something goes wrong.

Well I just can't believe it, the machine was wet on arrival I did think Hmmnn. But yep I was not being anxious the machine seems like it has a mission to the moon as it vibrates so much it feels like its gonna catapult there.

I'm going to let them inspect it, then I'll contact TS, write another letter of notice for a refund and take the matter to court.

Although I have asked them to repair, can I ask him to inspect as he may not be able to repair on the spot as I believe the drum is very loose.

Funny the vibration only happens when its rinsing, the final spin is not as noisy.

Because ive asked for a repair, by law do i have to have one rather than a inspection of the goods, as its not 7 days yet.

Before I took the machine, I did email them stating if any problems with the replacement I would see this as a breach of contract under The sale of goods Act 1979, as amended and exercise any consumer protection, thus a refund.

Sounds like a used machine to me. Most machines will vibrate a little but shouldn't do it excessivly. I would certainly let them know that you have been sent what appears to be a customer return.

It sounds like the mounting that holds the drum in place has broken.

By all means ask for a refund this time, although if the vibration is all that is wrong with this machine then it should be a simple enough repair job.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Sounds like a used machine to me. Most machines will vibrate a little but shouldn't do it excessivly. I would certainly let them know that you have been sent what appears to be a customer return.

It sounds like the mounting that holds the drum in place has broken.

By all means ask for a refund this time, although if the vibration is all that is wrong with this machine then it should be a simple enough repair job.

If it is used and has reached the state you say, then the other parts must be on their way out.

I wouldn't accept junk for a brand new machine, I paid my money for new and new is what I would want.

As you have to operate the machine to know it's faulty therefore 8 washes does NOT constitute acceptance & you are entitled to a suitable acceptable new replacement or a FULL refund

Remember if the fault occurs within 6 months of purchase the burden of proof is reversed. The dealer MUST prove that the fault was not there at the time of purchase which is nay impossible unless there is evidence of abuse by the purchaser

I took delivery of a Haier washing machine from Comet in the last few days. I've discovered that if I don't do a Full load the spinning cycle doesn't work and my clothes come out dripping wet. I rang Comet today and they are sending an engineer out next week to look at it. I've read on other forums that this 'spinning cycle' problem is common with this machine, but can be fixed. I'm hoping the engineer will fix it, but if not, is my next step a letter of complaint to ask for a refund?

The engineer who came to my HAIER came laughing, said it was the console, its very sensitive....then said even if i get it fixed gonna be more problems, so he said need to ditch it he would try to help.

If I was you use the Act quickly, give a letter of notice and ask for a refund....or there will be trouble ahead for you unfortunately...more Haier problems...plus when compared to other machines they (Haier)don't wash well, esp compared to the Bosch i have now even though faulty.

Goodluck!

Thanks v. much for your quick reply maya222t.

Since I posted earlier I've read so many bad reviews of Haier:sad:, that I'm now going into Comet tomorrow and am going to exchange for another make/model (I was thinking of Bosch). I'm fed up of this machine after 3 days - I'm not prepared to have several visits from repair men, I'd rather pay extra.

Just out of curiousity. Have any of you eard of this make before. I would have went for a whirlpool at the same price. But then I suppose you tend to think more features for same money.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Spoken well had a real long chat with a Comet engineer, said Haier's write off, its one of the companies that owns Comet or comet owns, so they are selling their own brands and they are crap, crap, crap......won't last long in the future.

Best to contact TS for advice and ask for a refund or get a replacement and buy a Zanussi, Bosch, or even higher like AEG, Meile etc etc....

Dont go to the repair route they are just wating your time, thn oops 6 months ahs come up and the burden of proof is up to you after to tell the judge how it is defective.

Just got back from the Comet store I purchased it from.

I told the lady at the counter my Haier complaint and that I didn't want the Haier repairing and would like a refund instead. I was told that an engineer would have to come out and write off the machine first, which I said I wasn't happy with. So, I suggested I purchase a different more expensive make/model and after consulting with a manager they agreed that I could do this. So now I have a Bosch on it's way next week and the Haeir will be on it's way back to Comet. Hopefully this is the end of it and I'll be able to wash some clothes at last!

The 3 members of staff I dealt with were very helpful indeed - I wasn't expecting this to be honest! - but credit where it's due. They all seemed to be aware of the problems with Haier machines. Considering how bad these Haier washers are, it's a real pity that Comet still sell them to customers unaware, of how rubbish they are.

Thanks for your help and comments 'maya222t', it's greatly appreciated:-)