orfoster vs Natwest

orfoster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the current update on media releases?? I have heard over the last week that the press have been covering this and the courts are looking into cases and freezing them?

Anyone update here?

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Look at this link and you will find a few threads about it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-charges-print/

Nothing to be too concerned about from what I can see

American Express - Prelim letter 9/05. Settlement 12/05 :)

Barclaycard - £265. Prelim letter sent 9/05. LBA sent 30/5. Offered partial settlement. Declined.

NatWest Credit Cards - £92 -Prelim letter sent 9/05. LBA sent 30/05.

Natwest Bank account - £950 Prelim letter sent 30/05. LBA sent 15/06.

Recieved Statements, before the age of 18 I incurred £1384 charges and natwest gave me a loan before the age of 18! After 18 i have been charged £580.

Still waiting for more statements for another account i hold with them, do i put these together or keep them seperate as im going at Natwest for this one mainly due to me being under 18 when alot of these were incurred and the other is just the normal way.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

:o I was a little gob smacked myself. I left college to pay this loan back feeling guilty that i'd done that. I haven't had any of the papers yet, only had the torn brown envolope with all my statements.

Hoping the paperwork will follow soon.

Including 8% £2103.14 so i add this all to my claim sheet when i send it in? and i send in the break down of charges, i calculated it all on this website online so do i just send in that print out?

Also i hold two accounts with Natwest, do i claim for these seperately or all together as the charges above are for my personal account and other charges will be for joint account? Does it matter if i do them all at once or seperate???

Help

Does anyone think i should word the claim differently by including that i was under 18 when £1764 of the charges were incurred?? What do you think, any ideas on how to word it??

I was under the age of 18 when these charges were placed onto my account. I have requested statements that have arrived. Im still waiting for another account i hold with them, please look at this letter below and tell me what you think.

NatWest Customer Relations

Branch Address

Request for repayment of charges

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx SORT CODE: xxxxxx

[deleted]

[MODERATED: Letter templates are available in the templates library for registered users only]

Yes send a prelim letter and make it clear that you are under 18 - hopefully this will get them to refund the charges quickly.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry im not under 18 anymore but 80% of charges were put on while i was under 18. Im now 19. I did mention in the letter i was under 18 or do you think i need to adjust it. I would value your comments.

Ah right if they were all incurred when you were under 18 it may have made it easier.

As long as you make it clear that a lot of the charges were incurred when you were under 18 that will be fine, but they may just offer to refund those charges instead of the whole lot, so will take just as long as anyone else to get the charges back.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

yeh i put Many of these charges were applied below the age of 18. Yeh thats fine, i don't mind waiting. i will look forward to their reply, i want to see what they say about the below 18 thing!

Telephone call from Natwest Mon 24th July asking me to call my branch with regard to my SAR called branch who can't see any notes anywhere about this SAR but are trying to locate the guy that called me about this.........still on hold.

Waiting for a call back now as they can't find him. Hmmmm playing me around i think.

Spoke to natwest now, SAR apparently won't give me copy statements, apparently thats not included! They have told me that it will give me DOB, Address, Employment history and they have told me that will only go back 3 years. Hmmm

Cant be dealing with my branch now if they are gonna be funny like that. Member of staff was very rude to me when i told him why i was wanting this info. Think i will write direct to head office.

If you do write to the Head Office, make it clear that your local branch have already received the request and payment, and that the clock is ticking. Also explain you didn't request copy statements anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent Pre Lim Letter into head office special delivery that has been recieved. They still haven't complied fully with my Data Protection Act, i've sent a reminder special delivery to head office also. They have till 14th August to comply.

I've recieved FIVE copies of my personal accounts statements. They haven't yet got round to sending my other account lol.

I have had FIVE copies of my personal account but not any copies of my other joint account i had which i included both account numbers in the DPA and haven't recieved anything but copy statements from my personal account now. I have sent in a reminder to the head office.

Guest NATTIE

Orfoster- my question was did you receive a copy of the loan agreement which I think may help your case re loan

No nothing at all. I have only had statements through. Nothing else which is quite useless. They have got till 14th August.

Called Joyce Taylor @ Retail Regulatory Risk on 0131 6261165 to ask where my statements were, very helpful and told me to go into branch which i have done so hopefully will get this sorted now. Called her back and spoke to Alex Lyons on the same number. They were quite helpful. Hopefully my S.A.R will get here soon.

Please can someone help me?

I have a few questions people can help me with, this might just me being stupid, i am claiming for two accounts seperatly. Im claiming on a joint account by myself with the other persons knowledge of course but without their help. The account is £1246.76 in arrears and the total charges are £1252.66. What happened was we were made redundant and shopped on cheque garuntee card which made us overdrawn, now i can claim the charges back can't i?

One other question, interest on this account while it was overdrawn, can i claim on that? and in my pre lim letter where it says total i put £xxxxx then whatever the interest was when i went overdrawn added up then put the two together??? this might seem really silly, just need it clarifying. Cheers

No i don't mean the 8% when it goes to court, i mean the interest the banks charges me for going overdrawn for unarranged borrowing? On the pre lim letters where it says "total interest" thats the interest that it means isn't it?? The interest they charged me for going overdrawn or does that just get totalled up. anyone understand???

Thanks for the help.