willowb v Nationwide

Guest willowb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest willowb

hello peeps:)

Firstly, I'm filing my claim today for the RBS and whilst I'm feeling a charge of confidence to do so, I have decided to send a dpa to the Nationwide regarding my husband's old a/c. his a/c has been closed for about a year, I remember there being many charges on that a/c whilst it was open. Thing is.......I can't find his a/c number:( ....anyone have any clues as to what I can do?

Secondly, we have a joint a/c with the Nationwide and so now I'm a little concerned that they may close it if we take action.......

........well, I need the a/c number first anyway....D'OH!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not need the account number , you are not a number :D , just give them as much information as you can .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 1 month later...
Guest willowb

Hi fellow Nationwide haters!;)

I've finally typed out my dpa's for 2 nationwide accounts, one is an old one that my hubby used to hold and the second is our current account, which is open and which we are using at the moment. We have a parachute account if things get desperate, but hopefully it won't come to that.

It's taken so long for me to go for the Nationwide because, as you can see from my signature, I've been busy 'getting my head around' my RBS claim:confused: . I was going to wait until it was settled (they have to issue a defence by monday!) but I thought I'd request the statements anyway now just to see what they owe us.

So, off they go on monday recorded delivery!

Good luck to all of you:)

Wxx

Good luck but you WILL need that parachute as Nationwide are closing all accounts if you claim against them. Sorry.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Guest willowb

Oh right.....oh well, best to be prepared hey! when do they usually close a/cs? I mean at what stage have people experienced it? LBA stage? or moneyclaim stage? I'll have a look through the threads but if anyone knows what their policy is, I'd like to know...thanks.

Wxx

are you still with your husband, and is he aware your are going to claim money back from his old account.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

hehe, just my way of breaking the ice. remember the standard letters you will no doubt receive and ignore them. stick to YOUR timetable not theirs. and good luck.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

Guest willowb

with a pick axe perhaps? LOL

I will do! I'll be an absolute veteran at this in a couple of months!!!;)

They'll give you 30 days notice to close as soon as payment is back, so after the moneyclaim stage.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Guest willowb

Got a letter today regarding my hubbie's closed a/c. It's a bit confusing actually, it kind of gives the impression that they need more information (I've given them 2 addresses and his date of birth etc) and on the other hand says that they have requested the duplicate statements which will be sent shortly???

1st para.....The law allows 40 days for a SAR to be completed from the time we are given sufficient info to carry out the request.

2nd para....I have today requested duplicate statements for the a/c you have requested and I will send these to you in due course.

3rd para....Should you require any further info that the N'wide holds on this a/c or any others you may have, please let me know in writing quoting the relevant a/c numbers.

Errrrm....so they're sending them right? Yes, right! that's what they said isn't it? Oh bloomin'eck...it is isn't it? I give up! LOL

Just ignore me!

WeXX

well!.. I have just got this web site today and can't believe i didnt hear about it before ! I have been charged thousands over the years by Nationwide..its not something i'am proud of you understand .. but if there's a way of getting it back ..then i will do whatever it takes to get it back !... I will start to read all your messages first ..then start reading up on things ..quite a task i think ... but i hate being ripped off!

Guest willowb

Hi Splinter!

Read step by step instructions, faqs and the threads like you're doing and you'll do just fine. Then set up your own thread so as to keep us all up to date with your progress and so that if you need help at anytime, mods can see where you're up to etc.

Good luck!

Wx

Guest willowb

well, got the statements for our joint a/c this morning and just totted up £751.....so, here I go again!

WX

• 2 weeks later...

Keep us updated :)

• 1 month later...
Guest willowb

Well, they have given us 30 days to ship out of our joint account! what a surprise I hear you say:rolleyes: .

We have quite a large o/d on it at the moment. The £866.13 claim that I've put in on MCOL today will clear nearly half of it. Then I suppose they'll start making demands for the rest after the 30 days is up, I say rest, that's only IF they pay up quickly otherwise it'll be the full amount:o !!!

I wish RBS would hurry up:( It's been 3 months since I filed a claim on MCOL with them!!! and I haven't even got a Court date through yet.

Friday the 13th hey!

Wxx

Guest willowb

Dolly, you're gonna love this......got a letter today in a Nationwide envelope. opened it up and to my surprise it was the claim form sent from the Court to nationwide for them to acknowledge!!!:rolleyes:

Obviously someone sat at their overcrowded desk has made a huge mistake. I phoned the Court who told me to send it back to them (what a stupid thing to do they said:lol: ), which I have with a smug covering letter....8-)

Wxx

Guest willowb

An annoying letter cam through the door just now:mad:

Briefly....

I am now able to confirm that we've refunded £226.61, (included in that amount) credited £10.51 to cover lost interest and a further £80 to cover costs.

Please be aware that the amount we have credited to your account is less than the amount you have requested on your claim. We have thoroughly investigated and calculated all the charges that have been applied to your account in the past 6 years. This includes a previous refund of charges totalling £633.50, £132.52 for any lost interest, costs of £80.00 and we cancelled £310.02 in pending charges, to arrive at this figure.:confused: BULL!!!!

Blah blah blah

They are messing with the wrong mama if they think they can try and hoodwink me like that! If you are reading this.....IT'S PATHETIC!!!!

Anyway, I've drafted this email to mt Bacon......BRING IT ON!:mad:

Dear Mr Bacon,

Further to the correspondance I received from nationwide today.

I am informing you that I am not accepting Nationwide's findings concerning their calculations and am pursuing the full amount of my claim. My contention about the contents of the letter are as follows:

1. £226.61 has been refunded into the account so far, how this figure has been calculated I do not know but I will accept it as a part-payment only.

2. Nationwide claims to have refunded £633.50 (charges) and £132.52 (lost interest) and £80 (Court fee) into this account so far, which is true. But this refund was for a separate claim for my husband's account, a totally separate account.

3. The cancelled charges which were due to be applied this month amounting to £310.02 have also been deducted from the claim amount. I'm quite shocked that I have to explain this, but if these charges were to have been applied (unlawfully) then I would have claimed them back through the Court also, they have absolutely nothing to do with the charges which have been applied in the past, the charges which I am claiming back.

4. The charges which have stood and we have paid for over the past 6 years remain at £751.00, the interest £115.13 and Court cost of £80 which I will be seeking through Court if needs be.

Having said that, I hope that this matter can be resolved out of Court.

Regards

Slightly annoyed Willow this saturday morning:rolleyes:

Wxxx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest willowb

They've put in a defence so it's been transferred from MCOL to a Court. Nothing happening in the account (except a cash deposit of £90 a week ago:confused: ), which was closed on Friday. There is an overdraft exceeding the claim amount in there, I know that I don't have to make an arrangement with them to pay it off as the account is in dispute but I think I'll make monthly payments because I know that there'll be at least £1,000 to pay off after the claim has been paid in.

Anyway, it's the waiting game now.....N'wide!!! do you not know that I'm a complete veteran at waiting??? You obviously haven't been watching me closely enough:rolleyes:

Wxx:cool: