Spicey v Skillstrain**SETTLED**

Spiceskull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Post Removed At The Request Of Spiceskull

Edited by pt2537
see comment

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello friend,

Do it as early as possible and dont try to cancel by callling them on telephone b'coz tat's not an authenticated procedure. Do write to their mailing address & make sure u send it through a registered post so tat u always have a proof of cancellation. This is just in case they say tat they didn't receive any cancellation request from u......u can always stand up with ur proof i.e, registered post. I really think if I had got any such advice I would ve been saved from falling into such a messy pit which is costing me £75 every month. If u really want to do a course , research well on the internet & try gathering infm from other coaching institutions which i realized very late.

All the best for ur studies...& get out of this skills rubbish as early as possible.

Cheeers

Spiceskull. I'm not going to tell you whether this course is right for you or not but if you want to cancel it, follow my instructions as mentioned earlier in this thread and do it now. I'll just reiterate:

Send a letter tomorrow, with a copy of the agreement, by Special Delivery to the finance company (probably Barclays Partner Finance/Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd, PO Box 3979 Glasgow G51 1YL) cancelling the finance package.

Check the Royal Mail website on Monday and track your item to make sure it has been delivered.

Phone the finance company on Monday (0844 811 9000) to make sure they have received your letter and ask them to confirm in writing that your agreement is cancelled.

Inform your bank on Monday to cancel the deposit cheque and not to arrange any direct debit for the finance company.

Send a letter to Skillstrain head office (with a copy of the finance agreement) by Special Delivery on Monday advising you have cancelled the finance package and that you are officially cancelling the course. Again track delivery on the Royal Mail website.

Send all course material back to Skillstrain head office (not a freepost address) by recorded delivery. Again track delivery on the Royal Mail website.

Once the finance package is officially cancelled you are no longer obliged to pay for the course.

It's clever salesmanship. Look carefully, you've not put your signature on any Skillstrain documentation (or I didn't anyway). What you have signed is a loan agreement directly with a finance company. Therefore the responsibility to cancel the agreement is yours and can only be done with the finance company. The more you converse with Skillstrain the longer they keep you hanging on, until the cooling off period with the finance company runs out, after which you are legally obliged to pay the whole amount or become seriously blacklisted. So just concentrate on dealing with the finance company then tell Skillstrain what you've done. Don't ask Skillstrain for any assistance. Five working days is the cancellation deadline, so if you include last Thursday as your first day, you ll have until next Thursday for the finance company to receive your letter. Ample time. (Forgot Monday is a Bank Holiday, doh, and I'm a posty!).

• 3 weeks later...

But didn't you cancel the cheque with your bank before Skillstrain tried to cash it? There should only have been a small admin fee of about £10 from the bank. I would follow this up with the bank and ask why they cashed it when you instructed them not to.

Honestly? No. I think the police won't be interested, they seldom are for things like these, and Skillstrain will claim that it was a genuine mistake, lack of communication between CS and accountancy or something like that, and they'll in all likelihood get away with it. :-|

• 2 weeks later...

While the internet is a valuable tool for free speech it is unregulated and we know from experience that many of the comments made on these forums are NOT from genuine SkillsTrain students or even from people that have had any dealings with our company. Genuine students have direct contact with SkillsTrain through their unique intranet log-in, as well as full details of our phone number and address.

Due to the Data Protection Act we cannot discuss individual problems from students on these forums, so we have set up a special phone number to prioritise calls from genuine students who are contributing to this website.

Please phone 01582 543636 and quote your student number and the forum name and we shall be pleased to discuss your grievance.

Our aim is to get things right 100% of the time and we appreciate the opportunity to do so - SkillsTrain

While the internet is a valuable tool for free speech it is unregulated and we know from experience that many of the comments made on these forums are NOT from genuine SkillsTrain students or even from people that have had any dealings with our company. Genuine students have direct contact with SkillsTrain through their unique intranet log-in, as well as full details of our phone number and address.

Due to the Data Protection Act we cannot discuss individual problems from students on these forums, so we have set up a special phone number to prioritise calls from genuine students who are contributing to this website.

Please phone 01582 543636 and quote your student number and the forum name and we shall be pleased to discuss your grievance.

Our aim is to get things right 100% of the time and we appreciate the opportunity to do so - SkillsTrain

Hi Spiceskull, i'm new to this forum but not to others where there are other complaints about SkillsTrain, mine included.

I'd just like to say that SkillsTrain have posted the exact same message on a the consumerwatch forum at pcadvisor.co.uk and yes they posted it twice:roll:

Just another day of automated responses for them.

Good luck with your fight, mine has just begun.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that, but surely we are still at freedom to have a guess as to what their next action will be? YOUR communications may be under the veil of secrecy, but *I* can muse and extrapolate still to my heart's content, can I not? :razz: You wouldn't be bnockering me about, by any chance? :shock:

The point I was trying to make was that IF they were thinking of raising a claim against you, you got in there first, so you could then get their claim thrown out since the dispute is already subject to your own legal action, right? Or they can counterclaim, but for what? They owe YOU, and the return of the items is not in dispute either once they give you your money back...

I'm confused. :razz:

I've been threatened with court action by skillstrain!! They are obviously watching so i've removed my previous post. Trading Standards are now dealing with my problem, so i'll just leave it up to them.

Good luck Spicey, hope you get it sorted soon.

Right, best Mr T voice here, "I pity the fool that takes on Skully, don't they know who you are?" :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

A good day methinks...

:D

I was 'copied in' on an email between Eversheds and Ringpowersolutions, discussing my claim.

:eek:

no words needed

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

...an interesting development. 60 seconds after emailing my response to Eversheds, I was 'copied in' on an email between Eversheds and Ringpowersolutions, discussing my claim.

Who are Ringpowersolutions? Why is your claim being discussed with them? :eek:

Well I am prepared to put money on the fact they are they are Scheidegger and are based in Luton, another arm of Skillstrain

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks