Game On - Barclays Vs Long

oblong21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received an offer of half from Barclays.

They owe me 2115, got the letter on Friday, deadline is today. spoke to Kiran Bogul, Customer Relations Manager 0207 116 2692.

She wouldnt budge on the offer, she told me that it would be up to barclays if they want to disclose how a charge figure is arrived at in court.

No problems, i look forwards to receiving my 2115 plus 500+ interest and costs from you in the next four to six weeks and trust it will further clogg up the time of your already no doubt panicking legal team.

Shall be on Moneyclaim at midnight.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would be up to barclays if they want to disclose how a charge figure is arrived at in court

Wrong. It will be up to the court :twisted:

Good for you :lol: The more and more this happens the more and more they are going to look like what they are - pathetic... they spout on about how their charges are fair and yet if they really believed that they would stand up in court, just once, and prove it to us all!

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Incidentally i addressed my details to Anita Hicks - the contact on the sticky at the top of Barclays cover page - and it was Anita who passed it on to Kiran, who was pretty useless to be fair.

I said it was pointless trying not to give me back what is mine, it is an insignificant amount to the bank and will only mean more work for someone further down the line.

' Mr Long, i think it is a fair offer'

Well, she would say that wouldn't she (apologies to Mandy R-D)

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Well, she would say that wouldn't she (apologies to Mandy R-D)[/quote

Im sure if the securitas robbers dropped 25 million off at the nearest copshop and declared it a ' fair offer ', the police would immediately snatch their hand off and call it quits!

Can you pm Dave or Bankfodder with claim details for Litigation in Progress

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

inital claim was for £1390.

claim now including costs and 8% interest is now £1998.

Do you meam that you have filed the clim with the court? If so can we have your claim details for our litigation section please.

Also, can you run your story in your own thread, please

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have details of their Defence? What reasons are they giving in their defence?

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

Do you have details of their Defence? What reasons are they giving in their defence?

i have not been sent written confirmation - this acording to the moneyclaim website and i am now waiting for next steps from local court as i believe it will be from them?

I'm not 100% sure but I am sure the bank are suppose to send you a copy of their full defence before the 28 days

but keep us posted cant wait to see what they say

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

On Monday the official date for my Bank to File a defence or pay up expired - As it was a bank holiday i believed they would do this a little earlier and on Thursday acccording to moneyclaim they did. Now someone has advised that i should receive something from the bank in the alloted time period, as such i havent recieved anything from anybody.

Can anyone with specific experience or knowledge please advise on this?

I'm not 100% sure but I am sure the bank are suppose to send you a copy of their full defence before the 28 days

but keep us posted cant wait to see what they say

Havent received anything from anybody, does anybody know for sure the next step or what to expect - i know about Court Questionairre and so forth - in regards to contact from either court or bank?

Thanks!

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Update - Have now spoken to Local court and should expect a copy of the defence and questionaire in the post in the next couple of days.

You will possibly receive a letter from the bank or their solicitors offering payment in full, as a gesture of goodwill, but without admission of liability. The usual excuses they seem to give are because the costs involved in defending the action through the courts are not recoverable, etc, etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks