* Misty * - Child Abuse Poem - please read.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Be warned ~ this might well make you cry!

"Misty"

My name is Misty

I'm only three,

My eyes are swollen

I cannot see,

I must be stupid

I must be bad,

What else could have

Made my daddy so mad?

I wish I were better

I wish I weren't ugly,

Then maybe my mommy

Would still want to hug me.

I can't speak at all

I can't do a wrong

Or else I'm locked up

All the day long.

When I awake

I'm all alone

The house is dark

My folks aren't home.

When my mommy does come

I'll try and be nice,

So maybe I'll get just

One whipping tonight.

Don't make a sound!

I just heard a car

My daddy is back

From Charlie's Bar.

I hear him curse,

My name he calls,

I press myself

Against the wall.

I try and hide

From his evil eyes,

I'm so afraid now

I'm starting to cry.

He finds me weeping,

He shouts ugly words,

He says its my fault

That he suffers at work.

He slaps me and hits me

And yells at me more,

I finally get free

And I run for the door.

He's already locked it

And I start to bawl,

He takes me and throws me

Against the hard wall.

I fall to the floor

With my bones nearly broken,

And my daddy continues

With more bad words spoken.

"I'm sorry!", I scream,

But its much too late.

His face has been twisted

Into unimaginable hate.

The hurt and the pain

Again and again.

Oh please God, have mercy!

Oh please let it end!

And he finally stops

And heads for the door,

While I lay there motionless

Sprawled on the floor.

My name is Misty

And I am but three,

Tonight my daddy

Murdered me.

There are thousands of kids out there just like Misty. And you can help. And please pass this poem on because as crazy as it might sound, it might just indirectly change a life. Hey, you NEVER know.

Edited by stikky62
  • Haha 1

And you can help.

Certainly not written by a 3 year old.

But i would love to help.

I do, i will.

We lost our eldest 5 years ago when she was 11.

Life sucks sometimes..

• Haha 1

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Certainly not written by a 3 year old.

But i would love to help.

I do, i will.

We lost our eldest 5 years ago when she was 11.

Life sucks sometimes..

you know where to find me even if its just to scream and shout honey xxxx

Why would anyone want to hurt a child??

I cant understand these people who are so cruel to their kids, I have lost 5 babies and am desperate for a child, and it seems so unfair that there are a small minority out there who have been blessed with that marvellous gift and are callous enough to discard this precious gift.

Tony and Stikky, I am truly sorry for your losses.

Mrs R xx

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

It beggars belief that anyone could even contemplate harming a child.

Animals don't harm their offspring.

Those of you that have lost kiddies, I can empathise with you. I've been there myself.

Our first son was born 3 months prem. I delivered him myself (breech) while waiting for the ambulance. He lived for 31 hours.

That was 30 years ago, but although after that time the hurt becomes dulled, the memory doesn't.

There are no words to describe anyone who would hurt a child.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Yep,,,the memory never goes.

It was a very long time ago (20+ years) when my niece was killed (hit n run) but i'll never forget that little white coffin and watching her parents and grandparents fall apart in front of me. I think its bothered me a lot more since ive had my own kids. Its something you just dont wanna think about ~ though being a parent you cant help it.

Guest wino

I came across a lot of child abuse cases over a couple of years whilst doing a particular job. There are some sick bast**ds out there!

I still to this day cannot get my head around the stories I heard.

A friend of mine ended up in a mental institution after having several 'breakdowns' She worked in a clerical capacity for a child protection unit. She never saw any of the children she just typed up the notes written by case officers but the details still tipped her over the edge.

I have lost 5 babies and am desperate for a child, and it seems so unfair that there are a small minority out there who have been blessed with that marvellous gift and are callous enough to discard this precious gift.

I remember feeling that desperate for a child but I never gave up . I lost 12 children by missed abortions ( oh how I hate that term ) but after 16 years of trying had a baby , then 2 more . I am sooooooooooo happy and love every minute of being a mum .I can honestly say hand on heart there is nothing else I ever want ,I have everything .

I will never forget the women I met who was also so desperate for children .Don't ever give up on your dream and I hope with all my heart that one day you to are holding your baby .The best of luck to you :-)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Phew, thank god Janet-M, a bit of good news at last. I was starting to worry this thread might be causing too much heartache.

Congratulations on ur Motherhood :D

Edit: Oh, i've just noticed it was you that started the "Man in the Glass" thread. It was reading that which got me thinking about this Poem. :)

Edited by stikky62

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

The poem, and all peoples replies REALLY hit home for me. Strange thing is, I never suffered child abuse, nor did any of my family. What hit home was when Wino wrote:

A friend of mine ended up in a mental institution after having several 'breakdowns' She worked in a clerical capacity for a child protection unit. She never saw any of the children she just typed up the notes written by case officers but the details still tipped her over the edge.

I've spent 11 years working in mental health as a support worker and counsellor. It got to the point that I was surprised if a client WASN'T abused as a child. You sadly get detached from the horror of what you hear on a daily basis. Three years ago, I had my most difficult case - a quite low maintainence client who even volunteered as a worker at the day centre i worked at (I wont say where or for whom). Over thirty years previously this man had murdered his child and his wife - though he did it because it wasn't his child, but rather from an affair his wife had, and his court case proved that was the case. He had spent most of that time in Broadmoor, and even refused to leave. But this man had committed the most vile crime imaginable, yet I was horrified to find I was even sympathetic towards him. It's taken me this long to realise how this in turn has messed my life up, professionally and personally. Most worryingly, I realised evrybody has that horrific capacity for violence, and that scares me more than anything else.

But, it also a positive thing to remember, everyone has the capacity for kindness and good.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.