CSA response to 'One Show' piece about DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found this response on the CSA website.

CSA Website

- reads like it was written by a particularly unplesant version of Kevin the Teenager. Its everybodies fault but theirs...............how can we do something about this pathetic organisation, they just go on showing no understanding of how much impact they have on peoples lifes, and showing no remorse whatsoever. I'm really angry about the miss trace comment. "It happens. Fair Enough". :mad: Tell that to the people you've driven to suicide - did that "Just Happen"

Hugh

Let me guess why there have been so few complaints made to the CSA.

Ah yes because its run by the DCAs who it represents. As if they are going to bite the hand that feeds them. Obviously Dominic Littlewood touched a raw nerve.

Good grief, that reply (not yours, ODC!) reads like a rant by a 12-year old on the Big Brother forums.

To save anybody reading it all, I'll paraphrase:

Ohmygod right did you see that one show thing it was well unfair slating us off when everybody knows that its not us its the skanks what avoid their debts what are the problem and that dom littlewood well my dad could have his dad and i ain't disrepectin' him just saying that he ain't all that and even that adrian childes is mingin innit well i don't care coz me and my mates at the csa iz well 'ard and we can handle ourselves and i don't care wot anybody says ur in big trouble if u don't pay ur debts we'll send the boys round and if you complain i'll cut you. Now i is off to the off licence to get me brother to buy me some cider cus i ain't 18 yet.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Ohmygod right did you see that one show thing it was well unfair slating us off when everybody knows that its not us its the skanks what avoid their debts what are the problem and that dom littlewood well my dad could have his dad and i ain't disrepectin' him just saying that he ain't all that and even that adrian childes is mingin innit well i don't care coz me and my mates at the csa iz well 'ard and we can handle ourselves and i don't care wot anybody says ur in big trouble if u don't pay ur debts we'll send the boys round and if you complain i'll cut you. Now i is off to the off licence to get me brother to buy me some cider cus i ain't 18 yet.

Innit though!! You dissin' my family?? You callin' us pikeys??

Excellent Dave, made me laugh. :)

That CSA really are a bunch of nobs. They suffer from delusions of legitimacy, and hide behind a facade of being completely justified and untouchable. Would'nt you just love to tear off their arms and slap them to death with the soggy ends. (Metaphorically speaking) ;)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Is it just me, or are DCAs generally circumloquacious windbags when trying to defend their unsavoury industry. I think Herr Obermaier could have summed up what he wanted to say in three words: "Payment Macht Frei"

Whilst mentioning that only 500 people wasted stamps complaining to the CSA, not only does old Kurt fail to mention that FOS, Trading Standards and the OFT have received rather more, he doesn't tell us what the CSA did about the complaints. Note to the CSA: This is rhetorical; we know your code of practice is utterly worthless anyway.

Why don't you tell us how many of the 13 DCAs recently censured by the OFT are CSA members, Kurt?

I love this bit:

Perhaps it sounds harsh to suggest that a debtor, who has entered a legal agreement, enforceable by the law, may have to expect the full weight of that law to be applied if they do not meet their legal obligations. That, however, is the reality. Reminding them of their legal obligations is sometimes a necessary – and some might argue responsible – part of the collections process.

Well, Herr Obermaier, you can continue to maintain the pretence that the debt collection - sorry, you prefer to call it credit services, don't you - industry is all above board, but I think you'll find that the BBC will have done some research before transmission of the piece in question.

Perhaps it sounds harsh to suggest that a debt collection agency should, before trying to collect, ensure that any alleged agreement is actually legal and enforceable by law. Debt collectors may, if their activities fail to meet their legal and regulatory obligations, expect the full weight of the law to be applied. That, however, is the reality, and one of the reason for the CPUTR was introduced. Reminding DCAs of their legal obligations is sometimes a necessary – and some might argue responsible – part of the process of consumers asserting their legal rights.

I wonder, however, if Herr Obermaier and the rest of the pompous little gang in the CSA think that anyone other than themselves reads their website - apart, of course, from those of us who find its whining hypocrisy, and attempts to portray the sordid activities of its members as being other than what they really are, so amusing.

Perhaps it sounds harsh to suggest that a debtor, who has entered a legal agreement, enforceable by the law, may have to expect the full weight of that law to be applied if they do not meet their legal obligations.

Equally, the DCA should expect the full force of the law to be applied when they chase "unenforceable agreements" and do not meet their legal obligations.

How dare the BBC make the public aware of their legal rights, they should be ashamed !

I think that's the real issue here, the last thing the Debt collectors, err, financial services industry need right now is bad publicity and the media making it publicly known they have no real authority whatsoever. But, I think they can expect much more of it in the months to come.......:)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Well a good read (thanks for the LOL DJDave!) just gets better...

CSA Website

Directors in the spotlight

Company Directors have a personal responsibility and potential liability for the running of their company.

Unlike a company’s liability which could well be limited, the liability of directors and officers may be unlimited. Furthermore, Section 310 of the Companies Act, although amended with effect from 1st April 2005, still limits the circumstances under which indemnity is provided to directors sued in their personal capacity, whilst acting on behalf of the company. In such circumstances, their defence may have to be funded personally. Uninsured directors and officers therefore face the possibility of personal bankruptcy.

Legislation

A host of European Directives as well as a multitude of UK statutory offences impose increased liabilities on behalf of directors and officers. The various Companies Acts list many areas of non-compliance, and the Insolvency Act and the Health & Safety at Work Act includes director/officer responsibilities. There are many other types of legislation which impose potential personal liabilities on directors and officers of companies.

Ways in which liability can arise

There are various types of situations which could result in a personal claim against a director or officer:

œ Insolvency of company

œ Data Protection

œ Racial, sexual and age discrimination

œ Health & Safety at Work

œ EU directives and regulations

œ Mergers and acquisitions, etc etc

Common Myths

Here are some common myths that exist, and our response to them:

Directors have limited liability - NO THEY DO NOT!

I don't have the title ‘director’, so I can't be held liable - YES YOU CAN !

The company can indemnify us - NOT IF IT GOES BUST, OR IF THEY ARE PREVENTED FROM DOING SO

We are only a small company - THE SAME LAWS APPLY!

They cannot touch my personal assets - YES THEY CAN

Insurance can be purchased for company directors and officers to protect them against the financial implications of personal litigation. A Directors & Officers insurance policy provides cover (including defence costs) in respect of litigation brought against directors or officers of a company (subject to policy terms and conditions).

Directors & Officers Insurance is becoming more commonplace with the increasing potential of personal litigation. Cover can be obtained at competitive prices.

(PS, they're selling Insurance! :p)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Oh dear me. Talk about throwing their toys out of the pram!!! Unbelievably - more defence than Man Utd :D

The CSA's headquarters is at the top of the road where I used to live - one of the toughest estates in Newcastle.... :D do they need the protection or something???? bfd - i know what we can do about them, I'll send some of my old 'friends' from that estate round for a nice, cosy 'chat' get the kettle on CSA :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Oh dear me. Talk about throwing their toys out of the pram!!! Unbelievably - more defence than Man Utd :D

The CSA's headquarters is at the top of the road where I used to live - one of the toughest estates in Newcastle.... :D do they need the protection or something???? bfd - i know what we can do about them, I'll send some of my old 'friends' from that estate round for a nice, cosy 'chat' get the kettle on CSA :D

It's not Scotswood is it? If it is I bet they don't 'collect' anywhere near there

Nope... its Cowgate...not far behind Scotswood! I dont think they would dare venture out of their building :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

A childish, badly spelled tantrum to try and justify how a lot of their members act :rolleyes:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Good grief, that reply (not yours, ODC!) reads like a rant by a 12-year old on the Big Brother forums.

To save anybody reading it all, I'll paraphrase:

Well funny Dave. Excellent. Thats put a smile on my face for the day!!!!