A & L - Enforcable Agreement???

Multay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Subscribing...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will apply to your case if they fail to supply the correct info within the timescales:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147392-cca-dcas-unfair-commercial.html

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

When did/does the 12 + 2 working days expire for supplying CCA request?

Fine letter.

Also report them to Trading Standards if they exceed the final calender month to comply using the information in this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147392-cca-dcas-unfair-commercial.html

Edited by babybear39
forgot something

That makes the summary criminal offence date the 15th July.

Yes I know, I was being helpful by advising the date the OP can report them to TS if they don't comply.

Your quote is from info. in the public domain so don't worry ;)

You will be hard pushed to find a DCA with a sense of humour:D

As rare as one with a braincell :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's common practice for DCAs and OCs to try this ;)

Hi Multay,

Unfortunately, I'm not. But if it gets to that there are many here that are. Just post a new thread in the legal issues section and link your thread here asking for help :)

• 2 weeks later...

As you're writing to them anyway, add that you're still waiting for them to fulfil your CCA requests and advise that you WILL report them to TS and the OFT if they don't comply.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Allegedly ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If they do they will need to prove the following.

1) you OWE the debt.

2) you OWN a property.

3) THEY ARE NOT idiots.

Bit difficult in this case as they've already dropped themsleves in it :lol:

Nah the TGM, they already have some apparently :D

Dam.

No, not a dam, we're letting them dig a HUGE hole :lol:

• 1 month later...

I don't know what to say. All I can offer is my support *hugs* and hope you find another job soon.

Good luck with the interview and have a great weekend with your brother :)

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on the new job. I wish you every success for the future *hugs*

Ah, perhaps they are going to help you pack, Multay !:cool:

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

Hiya Multay :)

Glad to hear your new job and home are good and that things are going well for you.

Just send the new bunch the 'bemused' letter, no need for another CCA:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

How about 'Dear cretins, do you read your mail? I find it hard to believe you do because you obviously don't understand it from the replies you send. Please pass all mail to a grown-up who can understand the law' :D

Seriously, you need to invoke the complaints procedures of every company in the chain now. A & L are responsible for the actions of the muppets they pass accounts to and should be reported to TS and the OFT, infact report them all 'cos they're all in breach of OFT guidlines, the UCPD and the CPUTR 2008.