Advice needed on a refund issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first request for help, and I hope someone can offer advice.

I have been with Toucan Telecom for overy a year now for my internet and telephone services. TBH i wish that I would never have signed up with them as they were an absolute nightmare.

Anyway, I have now moved back to BT and my last bill from Toucan shows a credit balance of £103. I phoned them to arrange a refund and was told that they will take my bank details and a refund will be issued. Timescales will be approx 4-8 weeks !!!! I told the lovely agent that I was unhappy with that and he stated " Well sir, we have recently been taken over by Tiscali, and things are a bit slow at the moment".

Any advice on how i can get them to speed this up?

Thanks in advance.

JD

Theres no guarentees but you could try writing to them to insist it is paid within 14 days - something received in writing might speed them up a little although probably not.

What do they charge for late payments? Maybe you could add the same T&C's that they use on you if you don't pay up on time and therefore state pay within 14 days or a late payment charge will be added to the outstanding sum lol. :)

Other than that I don't know what you can do I'm affraid but 8 weeks would be really taking the p**s!