New Claim (joint one)

Carl Stevens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barclays should reply directly to Northampton County Court (the notional HQ of Moneyclaim.)

The website should give you the date by which they must receive a response from Barclays. (post time is already allowed in the 14 or 28 days) If they don't repsond then enter for judgment first thing the very next day (even just after midnight if the site works)

Found out from moneyclaim that the 28 days start from the day they state that the summons is served and not from acknoledgement of the summons and their intention to defend the case if this happens before the due serving date In this case claim issued 10/04/06, acknowledged 12/04/06 moneyclaim service of summons is 15/4/06 so 28 days later is 13/5/06 but because that falls at a weekend they have until midnight 15/5/06 to reply I thought sevice would be when the defendant receives the claim and acknowledges it but obviously not. this is probably why a few people have been unable to file for judgement. Well not long now one way or the other.

ermmm it says 14 days on mine!

" Your claim request has been accepted. The Defendant has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim, to reply."

sorry read the FAQS guide again, 14 days to acknowledge, then 28 days to defend :)

The AQ fee is £100.

I dont think anyone has got a Court Date yet, but they should be dropping through the letterboxes very soon

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

How many out there are waiting for court dates Im waiting for the queationaire to come through. Who will be the first and will it get into the court room it seems like it at the moment. Its all getting a bit nerve racking.

How many out there are waiting for court dates Im waiting for the queationaire to come through.

See the 'Keith Jeremiah' thread - it's quite interesting... JJ

has anyone got any tips when filling the A&Q form in from the courts

We are working on a form to give you guidance which will hopefully be in FAQs very soon. If you are getting too close to the deadline for responding to it, please PM BankFodder and he will help you out.

Don't do this unless you really are running out of time though, as he is incredibly busy, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Got my court date of 8th September. Do I sit tight now and send forms back for my case to the court and the others parties, or can I approach their legal department aka KJ or will that harm my case now that a court date has been issued. Is the time for talking gone now. Have had susequent charges since claiming way back in april I suppose these are subject to another claim.

They've had their chance to talk....

Return any forms that the court have sent you and best to send copies to the bank too.

Any charges since you submitted the claim should be dealt with separately after settlement of this.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It might be worthwhile emailing Keith Jeremiah at barclays now and just asking if they are prepared to settle before it gets to court. I have read of others who have done this and Barclays have settled in full. This is what I intend to do.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks