Trampoline pole snappend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I purchased a trampoline with safety enclosure for my three year old daughters birthday from toysrus, then one night around six months later I found it had blown over in the garden and when I tipped it back found all the steel safety bars had bent and one had actually snapped - now we dont have a big garden so it wasnt like it had been rolling over for miles etc, I thought for saftey bars to bend and break wasnt exactly fit for purpose, so I wrote to the manufacturer and explained with photographs of the trampoline and the garden, they have written back saying the safety bars are well tested and fit for purpose and that unfortunately the trampoline was now out of its warranty - now I still have all the documents and box for the trampoline and it doesnt have anything about a warranty but surely under the sales of goods act a trampolines steel safety bars should last longer than six or seven months.

My question is I am going to respond stating the following, am I right in assuming that they have a legal obligation to replace the bars under the sales of goods act (if someone can give me exactly what to say with that) and if they do not replace the bars I will be reporting them to my local trading standards and there local trading standards, I will also be writing to toysrus, argos, the major supermarkets and anyone else I can think of that they would try to sell there products and also post reviews on all the major internet review websites - posting a copy of there response - would this be allowed as they didnt state in there letter private or confidential, any help would be gratefully received!!

The manufacture has no legal responsibility to repair or replace the item, that lies with the retailer. Take it back to whomever you brought it from quoting the Sales of Goods act if needed.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.