Playstation 3 broke - Warrantly expired

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a Playstation 3 13 months ago and now it has broke. Obviously the warrantly has expired as its only a 1 year warranty. The problem is that there is no screen. Its just blank and all you can hear is the fan.

It was bought online from Additions which i believe is part of the Argos group.

What consumer rights have i got to get this repaired, and how do i go about it? I emailed them and they say as the warranty has expired there is nothing they can do.

Tell them that they are required to repair or replace the PS3 under the sales of goods act 1979 (as amended), (Section 48 ) The PS3 should be of a satisfactory quality and therefore last a reasonable amount of time, 13 months is not a reasonable amount. (If they sell an extended warranty and they will usually mention it after the above tell them that as they are selling the 3 year warranty they expect the product to last this amount of time. So essentially you should still get another 2 years of average use from the product).

Additions is not part of the Argos group, it was sold 4 years ago, was part of boots and is now part of the same company that runs Littlewoods, Kays etc.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.