Too much control by bigger stores

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Re the guy who was refused alcohol by Tescos as he had his teenage daughter with him. How dare they assume he was buying for her!

More needs to be done re these larger stores and their control issues.

I hear now Tescos are opening estate agents too...where will it stop and what about the monopolies commission on this.

In Northampton they apparently have 7+ stores in one area. Is this really needed? There could be 7 good independant traders instead.

I recently tried to buy a FREEVIEW box and was told I needed a Tesco Clubcard to purchase as they needed my details before I could buy it. Obviously I borrowed someone elses as this is a blantant infringement of liberty!

Anyone got any ideas re stopping the monopoly. A boycott would be great but could it be effective?

This is not anti Tescos in particular, just anti monopoly!

I recently tried to buy a FREEVIEW box and was told I needed a Tesco Clubcard to purchase as they needed my details before I could buy it. Obviously I borrowed someone elses as this is a blantant infringement of liberty!

Whilst not disagreeing with you over the excessive power wielded by large supermarkets, there is a reason for needing your details - although they are wrong to insist that these have to come form a clubcard.

The reason is that in purchasing a Freeview box, you are buying a TV tuner - capable of receiving TV broadcast (obviously!). The retailer is legally obliged to inform TVLO of the name and address of the purchaser.