Ppi With Lloyds!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

It has been a while since I last posted asking about this very subject...I took the plunge and sent LTSB my first letter asking for the ppi to cancelled and to reclaim it back.

I have now received a reply......

...basically a get lost...we reject your claim.

I am hoping that this is just there first line of defence hoping that I will leave alone now. What is the best route? Do I go back to LTSB or do I go to the Financial Ombudsman?

Another thing also is that they have said if I want to cancel I need to go into my local branch. Don't they have to do this as it was requested in the letter?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Yep, thats what they are hoping for - for you to go away!

Well we know better and the fight is just begining ;)

Haev you you sent them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? If not, I suggest you do as it will help your fight. The letter can be found in the bank charges templates section.

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Yep, thats what they are hoping for - for you to go away!

Well we know better and the fight is just begining ;)

Haev you you sent them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? If not, I suggest you do as it will help your fight. The letter can be found in the bank charges templates section.

Hello

Sorry to butt in, but if you send the SAR in the bank charges section, they will send you your bank statements.

There is a full SAR in our very own little ppi sticky section.

Full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for ppi

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for the reply guys....

No I didn't ask for SAR as I managed to dig out all old paperwork with figures on. However, I am somewhat confused with the response from ltsb!!

With the letter from ltsb they included a photocopy of the supposed credit agreement that my partner signed for the loan and also the "your personal summary & our recommendations". The latter has only the advisors signature and states " I have recommended that this product is suitable for the following reasons: to protect himself re sickness, redundancy, life and critical illness, accident and disability. However, it mentions that as he worked for an employment agency but should be covered if he was under a full contract.

After reading the terms and conditions booklet, any employment of this nature from the wording is not covered. One of the rejected reasons on letter says that "ltsb records indicate that at point of sale you were warned that you would be unable to claim the unemployment benefit in respect of any unemployment of which you were aware of at the point of sale".My partner does not recall this document at all or the supposed conversation about not being able to claim for this benefit.

Where do we stand with this now...at the end of the day whether they admit it or not, when he signed for this loan they told him he couldn't have it unless he took out PPI. Why would he have taken out a policy which is no good to him?

Do we go back to ltsb or the fos now? Please help!!!

Thanks for the reply guys....

No I didn't ask for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as I managed to dig out all old paperwork with figures on. However, I am somewhat confused with the response from ltsb!!

With the letter from ltsb they included a photocopy of the supposed credit agreement that my partner signed for the loan and also the "your personal summary & our recommendations". The latter has only the advisors signature and states " I have recommended that this product is suitable for the following reasons: to protect himself re sickness, redundancy, life and critical illness, accident and disability. However, it mentions that as he worked for an employment agency but should be covered if he was under a full contract.

After reading the terms and conditions booklet, any employment of this nature from the wording is not covered. One of the rejected reasons on letter says that "ltsb records indicate that at point of sale you were warned that you would be unable to claim the unemployment benefit in respect of any unemployment of which you were aware of at the point of sale".My partner does not recall this document at all or the supposed conversation about not being able to claim for this benefit.

Where do we stand with this now...at the end of the day whether they admit it or not, when he signed for this loan they told him he couldn't have it unless he took out PPI. Why would he have taken out a policy which is no good to him?

Do we go back to ltsb or the fos now? Please help!!!

Hello Fighther,

Seems these needs and recommendation statements are popping up now:confused: quite magically:rolleyes:. and it is extremely interesting that your partner has never seen or recalled this:eek:. Seems like a blue peter, this is one that we did earlier. Is the statement dated and does it contain any reference to the loan/ppi.

Where was the loan taken out, if over the telephone, ask for the recording of the conversation.

I would be of a mind to send the full sar, as you may gain a little more insight into this matter

Only When you receive ltsb final response letter, you go to the fos,

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Hellhasnofury!

The loan was taken out when my partner went into lloyds branch. The only signature on this form was that of the advisor and has been dated the same day as he signed for the loan.

Is the rejecting your claim and what to do now (ie contacting fos) not the final response? I am also worried that they have said the local branch will cancel the ppi if he goes in. Are they likely to try to persuade him to either keep it or to take out another loan? Shouldn't they have cancelled this as we did request it in the original letter?