Poor Kitchen Design By Homebase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Last Decemeber two designers(?) from Homebase came out and designed our kitchen. As we wanted two carousel units at the sink end of the kitchen (also next to the fridge and dishwasher) I took pains to point out to them the problems that might arise in the design. I was assured that what my wife wanted was possible and that the resulting design was viable.

The designed kitchen duely arrived and my kitchen fitter (excellent, top notch guy) started to fit it. He pointed out to me that the design would'nt work as per the Homebase plans without him taking the sink/dishwasher drainage pipe out through the house wall and then back in to the house by the waste stack also that they had only allowed 57cms depth for the dishwasher and firidge units (any fule kno that all standard units are 60cm) and that as a consequence the carousels would'nt open correctly.

After initial contact with them they offered a new fridge (less depth) (to make the carousel work) and the cost of the extra work with regards the waste pipe but since then they have been procrastinating. I need to threaten court action but I need to be able to say some magic words like Sale of Goods Act. Can anyone help?

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

Thanks Zoot, I am giving them a couple of days, they have become a lot more co-operative since I mentioned that in the telephone call :)

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

Is your kitchen on finance Beserker ? If it is, then the finance company are as responsible as the kitchen company and any problems with getting satisfaction can be taken against the finance company as well.

So if no joy then contact the finance company and threaten them as well.

Not financed, cash (ie debit card) for a change :), Homebase have agreed to pay for the extra work and a new fridge now it's just a case of waiting till we can get to the store.

Ernest Rutherford

A & L