Foster Carers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the term OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN is a term used correctly by social workers, childcare agencies,childcare professionals etc, but of course some of you guys would know that being so knowledgeable.

But then again some of you are not, you just think you know what you're on about.

There is a massive difference between the two!

Mr P.

Hello phatram!

This months edition of FOSTER care magazine has some very interesting reading in it.

If any of you can get hold of a copy, you may understand a little more what we are campaigning for.

It is available for £3.

When you've read it, feel free to give an opinion.

Is it possible for U provide a link to somewhere where peeps might be able to obtain a subscription to the aforementioned magazine??

There may be peeps who read this Thread that would like to look into being Foster Carers themselves + would like to research further.

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi MTM,

We could provide a link, but if they are so interested, let them do the research eh?

If anyone is serious about this, then do the leg work.

We don't have to prove anything to anyone, we have the full support of the people who matter!

Not a link to the exact magazine that Phatram mentions but a very useful one for anybody considering being a foster carer The Fostering Network homepage

British Association for Adoption & Fostering

Other useful resources would be your local authorities website, and will give a good guide to becoming a foster carer.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I notice that you never had that reply when you asked for assistance from others, they gave it gladly.

'I'm alright Jack - sod everyone else'.

You have more issues than you dare admit!

Look inside yourself and then look again.

I ask for nothing more than recognition and equality, not for me,but for all carers.

I am getting fed up of people upsetting my wife, who is more qualified than any of the social workers who profess to be her boss, and definitely more qualified than some of you.

(EDIT) I am me, I will help anyone, regardless of sex, religion, colour or creed.

My wife has different opinions to me, that is her right, (EDIT) My wife and I have been together since 1976, We have two grown up daughters and for nearly 12 years we have been looking after "other peoples children"

(EDIT) Mr P

I think this thread has probably come to the end of it's usefulness.

It has been contibuted to by, foster carers, social workers, and parents who have had their children in care, as well as people who work with some vulnerable and traumatised young people.

The original issues have now been lost. I therefore think it is time to close this and move on.

I will leave this open for a short while, if anyone has any objections to contact me.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

It has been contibuted to by, foster carers, social workers, and parents who have had their children in care, as well as people who work with some vulnerable and traumatised young people.

The original issues have now been lost. I therefore think it is time to close this and move on.

I will leave this open for a short while, if anyone has any objections to contact me.

I agree Gizmo,

thanks.

Too many wrong opinions eh?

Freedom of speech.

Where?

Please pm me .

Mr P

I agree Gizmo,

thanks.

Too many wrong opinions eh?

Freedom of speech.

Where?

Phatram - it is your thread , but shall we close and move on?

And I know the edited bits were not threats, just protectiveness of your wife

Are Foster Carers placed on a National Register once they have 'passed' all the initial requirements asked of them...i.e. Similar to Nurses etc...:?:

...Or is it a continuously assessed process by whatever Key Worker was involved with them??...:confused:

Who is it that would be responsible for peeps addition/removal to/from such Register, if indeed one existed??...:idea:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Are Foster Carers placed on a National Register once they have 'passed' all the initial requirements asked of them...i.e. Similar to Nurses etc...:?:

...Or is it a continuously assessed process by whatever Key Worker was involved with them??...:confused:

Who is it that would be responsible for peeps addition/removal to/from such Register, if indeed one existed??...:idea:

Ask the government.

If your serious, find out !

Basically there are 2 different ways of becoming a foster carer.

1. You apply through the local authority, do their training and go to a panel who approves you for the number and ages and children you can accomodate.

2. As above, but through an agency. The agency then takes referals, and a particular form is completed and approved before children can be placed.

In both cases you now need to do a NVQ, as part of training/asessment.

There is no register as such, but ongoing CPD and feedback from the children who are placed with the carers, as well as social work support will help inform the fostering panel, of the suitability and conduct of carers.

Sorry if I appear a bit angry, but anybody giving my wife hassle will have to discuss it with her bodyguard.

There are people posting on here who really need to think before they post.

Any PM's will be answered, they will also be passed on to our supervising social worker.

The law says that I will report any child protection issues to the relevent authorities and some posters need to think about that!

Mr P

DONT DIS MY WIFE !

Basically there are 2 different ways of becoming a foster carer.

1. You apply through the local authority, do their training and go to a panel who approves you for the number and ages and children you can accomodate.

2. As above, but through an agency. The agency then takes referals, and a particular form is completed and approved before children can be placed.

In both cases you now need to do a NVQ, as part of training/asessment.

There is no register as such, but ongoing CPD and feedback from the children who are placed with the carers, as well as social work support will help inform the fostering panel, of the suitability and conduct of carers.

Please pm my wife.

Mr P

Sorry if I appear a bit angry, but anybody giving my wife hassle will have to discuss it with her bodyguard.

There are people posting on here who really need to think before they post.

Any PM's will be answered, they will also passed on to our supervising social worker.

The law says that I will report any child protection issues to the relevent authorities and some posters need to think about that!

Mr P

DONT DIS MY WIFE !

I think the time has come for this thread to be closed.

The content is now irrelevant.

I would be pleased to talk to your supervising social worker - and I will PM you my details, as well as some other CP info.

Take Care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks