£3000 for foreign nationals for cars?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

whilst watching parliament live this afternoon (sad i know) this following question was put forward, (taken from parliament website)

'Mr. Robert Goodwill (Scarborough and Whitby) (Con): Will the Minister comment on grants of up to £3,000 to purchase vehicles being made available to foreign nationals working in the UK?'. this can be found at http://www.parliament.the-stationery...mdebate/02.htm

answer to this was

'James Purnell: I am very happy to make inquiries into that matter. Obviously, we have a Motability scheme to support disabled people to drive. I do not think the matter the hon. Gentleman raises is one for my Department, but if he writes to me, I will be happy to look into it.

now excuse me but whats all this about, if i had £3000 for a car it would greatly improve my chances for a job and therefore be able to reduce my debt, does anyone know anything about this? and if its ok for me to ask for this from the dwp. p.s. im not a foreign national im british, i was born and raised here, not that this should be an issue. any replys welcome please.

whilst watching parliament live this afternoon (sad i know) this following question was put forward, (taken from parliament website)

'Mr. Robert Goodwill (Scarborough and Whitby) (Con): Will the Minister comment on grants of up to £3,000 to purchase vehicles being made available to foreign nationals working in the UK?'. this can be found at http://www.parliament.the-stationery...mdebate/02.htm

answer to this was

'James Purnell: I am very happy to make inquiries into that matter. Obviously, we have a Motability scheme to support disabled people to drive. I do not think the matter the hon. Gentleman raises is one for my Department, but if he writes to me, I will be happy to look into it.

now excuse me but whats all this about, if i had £3000 for a car it would greatly improve my chances for a job and therefore be able to reduce my debt, does anyone know anything about this? and if its ok for me to ask for this from the dwp. p.s. im not a foreign national im british, i was born and raised here, not that this should be an issue. any replys welcome please.

I have no issue whatsoever about foreign nationals coming to this country and working, as long they contribute to the system by means of Income Tax and National Insurance contributions.

However, if there is substance to this and it is as it appears to be, then it is an absolute disgrace, although does not surprise me one little bit. [edited]

There are indeed probably many thousands of UK citizens that could benefit from such a scheme, as for the motability scheme, well has the minister in question ever tried to qualify for it.........again there are many many UK citizens who are refused this due to the non sensical rules.

The simple rule in the UK seems to be charity most definately does not begin at home.

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Guest Gertie100

Bookie did you honestly expect the response to make sense?

They couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery, nevermind run the country.

Wow. Please tell me your taking the p#*s. £3000 would do me fine for a car. This would allow both my wife and i to get better jobs which are miles from where we live and the public transport is pathetic.

Scrub that, i'm British! No chance.