Did LL have to inform mortgage company?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

I have been going through my contract and have found a clause and wondered whether I am reading it right..it says.."The Landlord confirms that he/she is the sole or joint owner of the leasehold or the freehold interest in the premises and that all appropriate consents necessary for him to sign this agreement have been obtained"

Now we have been here for 3 years.WE kept getting an awful lot of mail for our LL.About 3 months ago I opened a letter thinking it was mine..It was in fact addressed to the LL.It was from the Mortgage company.

I called them and told them that she did not live here and hadn't done for 3 years.I gave them her address that we had(even though she is actually living at another address).

Should she have been letting the premises.?From what I could gather, if she didn't have the rights to let the property then surely the Tenancy isn't worth the paper it was written on?

Am I right??

Thankyou for reading CF

Thankyou very much for your reply..

I was told( i know nothing about mortgages) that if you buy a place to let then you have to have a different mortgage than you would if you were buying the property to live there yourself.

Like I said I really don't know if this is the case or not.

CF

Thankyou very much for your reply..

I was told( i know nothing about mortgages) that if you buy a place to let then you have to have a different mortgage than you would if you were buying the property to live there yourself.

Like I said I really don't know if this is the case or not.

CF

That could well be the case with newer mortgages for some banks. However, I think older mortgages will tend to say at most that you can't let the property without their consent.

Different mortgage companies have different ideas regarding buy-to-let property. Where one will insist that you have a certain type of mortgage specifically tailored to the letting market, others will allow the letting of a property on whatever mortgage you have. There is no set standard.