Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont be scared of these idiots , at the end of the day its a voice on the end of a phone line , if you dont like what you are hearing take a deep breath and replace the reciever , its hard the first time but after that its much more simple .

Unless like me and fuzzy you actually enjoy playing these lovely people at their own game , nothing is better than getting one of the dcas off their script , .They really do not have a clue .

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today when Apex rang I refused to answer security questions because I refuse to give out personal information on the phone "because of data protection".

Then they threatened that as I would deal with them "reasonably" on the telephone they would send someone to my house. I said"OH that sounds scary. Is it a monster??" and burst out laughing.

And to think I used to be scared to answer the phone.

These people rang me twice this morning, first on my mobile and then on landline. Who do they work for???? I wouldn't verify my info and they wouldn't tell me who they work for:confused: I've never heard of them and don't recall seeing their name from any of my creditors:-x

I have a DCA who phone me twice a day. Once on my old mobile number and once on a Sipgate number. Each day they say its very important that I contact them quoting a reference number. If its so important why dont they write. Oh yes I know. The alleged debt hasnt been properly assigned to them and I havent been properly informed that they are handling it. Besides which they think if I phone them I will fall for the lies and threats from one of their highly trained threat monkeys. I may call them sometime but at the minute I am enjoying their increasingly desperate messages.

Now First Credit have just phoned for OH, first on the landline then on his cellphone! They wouldn't say who they were acting on behalf of and she told me that I "obviously hadn't heard of the Data Protection Act" and hung up! Boy, am I glad I have a telephone recorder:-x

DCAs are like London buses, you miss one and then three turn up together. ;)

Tell me about it. I got four all the day before xmas eve last year. Giving me 7 days to pay and all of them dated 4 days earlier.

Needless to say they were totally ignored until I'd worked my way through 2 weeks supply of xmas drinks. :D I think it was 7th Jan when I wrote back to them with a few well chosen words of advice.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Now First Credit have just phoned for OH, first on the landline then on his cellphone! They wouldn't say who they were acting on behalf of and she told me that I "obviously hadn't heard of the Data Protection Act" and hung up! Boy, am I glad I have a telephone recorder:-x

Complain to the OFT about them. Enclose a copy of the call. When they contact you, they're supposed to say who they are and why they are calling. Also they must be polite.

This is one of the things the OFT slapped them for. If we keep complaining, then the sooner they'll lose their credit licence.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Not a DCA, but the local council This is a long one, so bear with me. I got my council tax bill in this year and it STILL doesn't have my single person discount of 25% that I have applied for no less than FIVE times, in the last two and a half years:

ME: Hello. I got my CT bill in and note that my single person discount STILL hasn't been applied.

***I went on to explain the above, the Council Tax telephonist looks on the system, and confirms they haven't received a form, and blames Royal Mail for not delivering it***

ME: Yes, I know Royal Mail didn't deliver it.

CT: You know Royal Mail didn't deliver it? Then shouldn't you be complaining to them rather than us?

ME: The reason I know Royal Mail didn't deliver it is because I didn't post it.

CT: You didn't post it?! Then why are you ringing to complain?

ME: I didn't post it because the first two never arrived in the post, so the last three I completed were completed in the Council Office itself and handed straight over for assessment.

CT: Well, there is no record. You'll have to come in and complete one.

ME: As I said, I have done. On three occasions I've done that and on two occasions it has been posted. That's five in total. And not one of them has been dealt with, not a single record. So what is the point in me coming down there, in MY time YET again only for YET another form to be lost in the Council office?

CT: We do not lose forms

ME: In that case, why have the last three I have completed in the Council buildings not been actioned?

CT: Just a moment please..... oh....

ME: What?

CT: Aren't your last two council tax accounts is recovery?

ME: Yes.

CT: So you've made no attempt to pay them

ME: Actually, I have and am paying them, and seeing as you brought it up, I shall tell you how the recovery of those accounts came about. Last years one went to recovery because some incompetant moron on the CT enquiry line told me not to pay the first two months as I could pay it over ten months instead of twelve, and that by the time the two months had passed, my discount will be live. He said he'd put a note on my account, opting to pay over ten months. I took the advice that the COUNCIL gave me. Instead, it was sent to your debt collectors, without ANY warning. When I complained, I was told I could only pay over ten months if I paid by direct debit, which is complete rubbish. The year before that I ended up having my EX's council Tax bill which he hadn't paid forced on me by your debt collectors. Why?

CT: Because you were living at the property and that means you are equally liable.

ME: What makes you think I was living at the property?

CT: errrr.....You have to prove that you didn't live there.

ME: No, the council have to prove that I was, if they want to collect it

CT: No we don't, it's legislation

ME: Have you actually read the legislation, or are you just repeating what you've overheard your colleagues say? Because if you had read the legislation, then you would know that if you attempt to collect money from anyone, you have to first prove that the money is owed, and the only way to do that with council tax is to prove I lived in the property. The council haven't done that, yet they still collect on it.

CT: But you still owe it....

ME: (Interrupting) Furthermore, your chosen debt collectors froze MY bank account, when I was already paying them voluntarily without fail, as I continued to dispute it with the council. After their mistake, they continued sending me letters threatening action on a debt that they cannot even prove that I owe, stating that I was not paying when my bank statements proved otherwise. I complained to the Council about ALL of this last year, including the carry on about my single person discount and the only reply I got was another form issued to complete for my single person discount. At which point I took it to the service point and completed it there and handed it over. So you see, both my recoveries are as a result of the Council's own incompetence and underhand tactics. Not because I refused to pay, I have never refused to pay. All I want is the discount that I am entitled to. You send the bill in my name only, I am the only person on the tenancy agreement, the Council are PERFECTLY aware I am a single person and entitled to the discount.

CT: I'll get someone to ring you, what's your number?

ME: No, thanks. I won't deal with this on the telephone any more, I want it in writing, everything in writing so that I have a record of everything. Besides, I am still waiting on a call back from a manager about the council's failure to collect rubbish. That complaint was made over 6 months ago, and despite several reminders about the call back, I'm still waiting patiently. So, lets look at this: I'm paying more than I should, being denied my entitlement and STILL the council fail to do the work that my council tax pays for.

CT: We can arrange you to come into the council and meet to discuss it.

ME: No, I want it in writing.

CT: We can't do that.

ME: Ok, then I'll take my dictaphone into the meeting and record everything that's said.

CT: You're not allowed to do that.

ME: Why not? If the council have nothing to hide, then why would they be unhappy with me recording the conversation?

CT: Are you recording this phonecall?

ME: Yes, of course

The line at this point went dead. I wasn't recording it, but I did type it up as a written transcript lol.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

That's appalling. I would refer the whole matter to the Local Government Ombudsman. It normally takes a rocket to get the LGO to do anything, but if you tell them that you have complained several times about the same incident over the last two years and have yet to receive a reply then the ball goes into their court.

The web site is: Local Government Ombudsman

Ooh, thanks for that. The last person I complained to was the Operations Manager of the council, late last year. And his reply was to send out another form to complete, and a covering letter basically saying he couldn't deal with my account but had passed it to the recovery section, and I needed to complete the form for discount (yes, the same form I've completed over and over again). I believe the only reason I got a response was because I sent the letter recorded delivery and noted that in the letter. So I completed the form at the office and handed it in, When I rang to check the progress I was told they couldn't apply my discount as my account had gone to recovery but that the discount would be applied to the next tax year (meaning the one about to begin) - but again, it hasn't been applied!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Councils love to waste your time with procedures. I have had a number of issues with local councils and always take it straight to the LGO and the Audit Office.

Look at WriteToThem - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free as well and you will find details of your local MP and MEPs, as well as councillors.

It's free and I tend to write to all of them (fax/email) on the website.

At least that way you know the council are going to start receiving questions from other people and it starts to take time and cost on their part.

If your MP doesn't reply - then fax/email your complaint about your MP to their party office.

Also, I buried one council with requests under the Freedom Of Information Act - they hate it because it all takes time.

hope that helps.

When I rang to check the progress I was told they couldn't apply my discount as my account had gone to recovery but that the discount would be applied to the next tax year (meaning the one about to begin) - but again, it hasn't been applied!

Not only can they apply the discount at any time, you can reclaim any overpayments you've made for up to six years.

Not only can they apply the discount at any time, you can reclaim any overpayments you've made for up to six years.

Not 100% sure on this but you may be able to go back more than 6 years in the same way that council tax debts (I believe) don't become statute barred, they can't have it both ways.

Hello

Anyone know what credit card companies check only experian when you apply for a credit card.

I have excellent experian record.

Equifax refuse to remove 2000 entry for small default so i cant apply for a credit card through equifax checked credit card co's.

And i dont want a refusal as will lower my credit score with experain?

Thank you all great site

Hello

Anyone know what credit card companies check only experian when you apply for a credit card.

Equifax refuse to remove 2000 entry for small default so i cant apply for a credit card through equifax checked credit card co's.

Thank you all great site

I'm no expert on defaults but shouldn't they drop off your credit file after 6 years, the statute barred time limit?

Like ive said many times..the whole credit rating/file system is not fit for purpose.

Someone who has a clean credit file or has had no credit at all in their life will be viewed just as badly as someone who has had all sorts of CCJ's/defaults/late payments etc..

The system is quite frankly a farce & a mess and is partly responsible for the economic collapse in my view.

The government needs to wipe the whole slate clean so to speak, otherwise nothing will change no matter how many squillions they put into the system.

The banks will still not lend even they wanted to again coz the credit rating system wont let them effectivley :rolleyes:

Hello

Thank you all great site

After what you have learned on here surely you cannot possibly want to apply for a credit card ever again?:eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I never want credit again for sure. :D

Credit cards are the worst. It makes it too easy to spend money. And t's money you don't really have. You just end up splashing away thousands on useless junk that when you sit down and think about it, you realise how much you have spent,and have nothing to show for it.

Then you realise that paying it back is going to take a long time, and end up costing you twice as much.

The media is also partly to blame. All the tv shows and adverts that show how the rich and famous live, and make out that we can all live like that. And you need the lastest ipod/mobile phone every 6 months. But it's a fools paradise.

You can't live a champagne lifestyle on lemonade wages. If you try, sooner or later you'll end up in a mess.

Please don't think I'm preaching to anyone. I'm just as guilty of it. Done it myself and paid the price.

Then I discovered CAG. So now, I'm getting my life back on track, a lot wiser, and more sensible where money is concerned.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Credit cards are the worst. It makes it too easy to spend money. And t's money you don't really have. You just end up splashing away thousands on useless junk that when you sit down and think about it, you realise how much you have spent,and have nothing to show for it.

Then you realise that paying it back is going to take a long time, and end up costing you twice as much.

The media is also partly to blame. All the tv shows and adverts that show how the rich and famous live, and make out that we can all live like that. And you need the lastest ipod/mobile phone every 6 months. But it's a fools paradise.

You can't live a champagne lifestyle on lemonade wages. If you try, sooner or later you'll end up in a mess.

Please don't think I'm preaching to anyone. I'm just as guilty of it. Done it myself and paid the price.

Then I discovered CAG. So now, I'm getting my life back on track, a lot wiser, and more sensible where money is concerned.

Wise words Fuzzy. Completely agree. :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Same here, the young lads (early twentys) I work with think I'm mad when I tell them NOT to get credit cards as it will end up 'spashed up against the wall' and to learn from my mistakes.

Same here, the young lads (early twentys) I work with think I'm mad when I tell them NOT to get credit cards as it will end up 'spashed up against the wall' and to learn from my mistakes.

Point them in the direction of CAG and tell them to look at the debt and health section and read.

Then tell them to get a credit card, and come back in 2 years when they're financially screwed to the wall.

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way I'm afraid.

But at least CAG will be there not to judge, but to help them out of it, and a lesson learnt for a better future.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Very well said :)

Same ere.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Very wise words indeed its taken me a long time to learn my financial lessons, but now i like many others apart from a mortgage would never ever ever have anything on finance nor ever have a credit card/store card ever again !!!! and ill make sure my kids grow up knowing the pitfalls (somthing unfortunatly that i did not ):(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks