A Little Abbey Story

jackal6666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last Thursday the 2nd March I went O/D by £18 because of money not being paid in I was owed, I knew I had a D/D for £242 coming out on Friday. I phoned the bank on Thursday afternoon and asked for a temporary O/D for 2 weeks, I reminded them my account was impeccable and my weekly salary always went in on a Friday, normally. I was told I did not qualify and there is nothing they can do.

This morning I've received a letter from Abbey telling me I'm going to be charged for non-payment of D/D and also unauthorised O/D fee, but the unbelievable part of the letter is the bottom and I quote:

"If you don't have money to put into your account just now, or if you have any other questions, please give us a call.

Don't forget that we're here to help you manage your money - if you'd like any advice on any area of your finances, please let us know".

How can they tell me with one breath there is nothing they can do then with the other ask me to get in touch if I need help, which is exactly what I did on the same day I went O/D.

I'm today writing back to Cathy Robertson, Head of Customer Service, to remind her what I did and also to tell her a copy of the letter is going to the OFT and the Banking Ombudsman.

I'm also going to send my initial DPA letter, I am sick and disgusted how banks treat customers and I want to personally thank you for this site so we can finally get some payback.

Mick.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks