UKPC Parking Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my Partner lives in watford on a privately owned estate and they have introduced allocate parking she has a bay with her flat number wrote on the kerb she also has a blue badge on the windscreen saying she is a resident and there are no yellow lines of any kind on the estate, but there signs put up by UKPC saying about the restricted parking, she came home from work the other day and someone was parked in her bay so she pulled up on the kerb as she didnt want to park in someone elses bay (as they get quite funny about it) and she recieved a ticket!! we wrote to UKPC saying we were disputing the ticket as she had nowhere else to park and that someone had taken her place! we have just recieved the £80 demand now!! is there anything we can do?? also UKPC issued vitiors permits but you cant park in someone elses bay and you cant use the kerb and everyone who has used them has been ticketed!! :x

M Browne has put on the relevent links - it is worth clicking and taking note of the contents.

Just remember that UKPC have no statuatory right to ticket you. They are not the council. They will get the address of the registered keeper via your car registration. They will then write to you, harrassing you for payment. Use Bernie's template letters to correspond to them or ignore them as you wish.

Don't pay.

Hi

Got 'done' by UKPC recently (innocent, obviously). Having read lots of input on here and other sites, I thought the following might constitute a good '1st letter'.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am in receipt of your ??? dated ???.

Being a civil matter, I am unable to comply with your request for payment as requested without the provision of adequate evidence to support your claim for the alleged parking contravention.

In the absence of this evidence from yourselves I am regrettably unable to assist further in this matter.

Yours

How does that look to you seasoned campaigners?

The car is registered to my employers so I have to draft the letter for them (HR dept) and get their buy-in to, what I envisage being, a long campaign.

I just thought the above puts more of an emphasis on them to prove their case, rather than simply snubbing their initial request. That way, I can continue to fight the issue based on the fact that they have failed to supply adequate evidence of the alleged 'offence'.

Any thoughts?

H

(total newbie)

Taxi Dodger,

Given that your Employers are going to buy into this, the answer should be pretty simple.

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got our details from the DVLA and I confirm that our company is the keeper of the vehicle in question. Since this would appear to be a civil matter based upon alleged contract you need to take this matter up with the driver concerned. You will understand that, for reasons of confidentialty and data protection we cannot release individual driver details to members of the public or non official bodies.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from our company.

Yours faithfully

Thanks Barnsley Boy

I was thinking about it overnight and I thought that it's probably better to go with one of the templates posted here.

I figure that UKPC will recognise the text and know that I've been here for advice.

Here's hoping they drop it from the start.

Does it need to go recorded delivery or would normal post be OK?

H

Thanks Barnsley Boy

I was thinking about it overnight and I thought that it's probably better to go with one of the templates posted here.

I figure that UKPC will recognise the text and know that I've been here for advice.

Here's hoping they drop it from the start.

Does it need to go recorded delivery or would normal post be OK?

H

Recorded delivery is best. It means you have got an auditable trail to present at court, if it ever gets that far. At very least get proof of posting.

BTW if it ever goes to court you can put in counter claim for your costs including postage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent a very nasty letter to a similar private company who placed a "parking ticket" on my car at Deepdale Retail Park, Preston, Lancs, a few months ago. I told them that they had no legal right to fine me and as far as concerned they were attempting to obtain money by deception, and that if they chose to pursue it I would be taking legal action against them with a view to having them prosecuted for this offence. Never heard another word.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

I sent a very nasty letter to a similar private company who placed a "parking ticket" on my car at Deepdale Retail Park, Preston, Lancs, a few months ago. I told them that they had no legal right to fine me and as far as concerned they were attempting to obtain money by deception, and that if they chose to pursue it I would be taking legal action against them with a view to having them prosecuted for this offence. Never heard another word.

Thats the spirit - once they get the message that you're not going to pay they normally give up and move on the next one. :grin:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 year later...

ok thought id update been a while now since i had a phone call from credit security when they informed me that they were no longer pursuing the parking tickets all advice proved by this site worked thanks to everyone who replied and gave advice. anyone who gets a ticket and reads this listen to this site and dont pay these robbing pirates who pass out these tickets!!

Taxi Dodger,

Given that your Employers are going to buy into this, the answer should be pretty simple.

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got our details from the DVLA and I confirm that our company is the keeper of the vehicle in question. Since this would appear to be a civil matter based upon alleged contract you need to take this matter up with the driver concerned. You will understand that, for reasons of confidentialty and data protection we cannot release individual driver details to members of the public or non official bodies.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from our company.

Yours faithfully

This letter got me thinking - lol :D

It could be ammended for the purposes of a 'private individual' stating "for reasons of National Security" - as the Government keeps using this as a reason for everything they do/don't do, and you can't be too careful of whom you give out information to these days - lol :lol:

Nice one Barnsley Boy