help with baby name decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

need your help on deciding baby names for our unborn possible girl.

We have the first name of Jorga but we cant decide on a middle name.

Kara or keeley.

Just in case it is a Boy we need a middle name to go with Nathan.

TY all.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keira?????

I like both Kara and Keeley, but if I had to choose I would probably go for Keeley.

James sounds ok with Nathan, but it might be a bit boring.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Where does the name Jorga come from?

Its the american version of Georgia.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I've never heard of a Jorga before.. that will be unusual. I have been researching my family tree and i've thought that if i ever had children i would have a good supply of names from the past to use so old family names might be a good source for inspiration maybe? :) Kara is a strong sounding name i think!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Sorry the correct spelling for the american version is JORJA. SO words are not spelt as they sound.

Jorja

Description: Modern phonetic variant of Georgia.

Origin: English

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I always think that first names should be an individual name to that person. Middle or second names are nice to have as family names. :)

Girl: Stiggy

Boy: Stiggo

I did post saying that family names would be nice.

What are you trying to tell us Stig are you somehow related? :shock:

I'm of the opinion that a child's first name must be as normal as possible, which then gives you license to make their middle name as extravagant, ridiculous and lyrical as you can :D

If/when I have kids I'm seriously considering giving them middle names like Merlin or Grendel ;)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I know a guy called Merlin, he punches me everytime i call him that.

We have to call him chips.

My dad was such a big spurs fan that my middle initials are H&F.

My initials read T H F C.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

When I had my lad I refused to follow in the tradition of my Hubby's family ....... his dad ,his Grandad , his grt grandad and himself ALL where called John I decided that enough was enough and called my lad Kieron but I did relent a little and gave him John as a middle name.

That sort of thing just creates a generational obligation - I think it causes unnecessary trouble in families when the 'tradition' is defied...ultimately, it's no-one else's damned business what you and your OH call your child, not the gparents, not the friends, not the religious leader...general consultation is fine, but demands - no...

-----

I'm of the opinion that a child's first name must be as normal as possible, which then gives you license to make their middle name as extravagant, ridiculous and lyrical as you can :D

If/when I have kids I'm seriously considering giving them middle names like Merlin or Grendel ;)

A good case for compulsary sterilisation if you ask me :D :D :D

What I hate is the fact that hubby is called Jonney by his family ......... no disrespect to anyone who goes by that name .......... but it really annoys me. His family knew where I stood from the minute I knew I was pregnant as i made the announcment 'Im pregnant and if its a boy there is no way I am calling him John .... there's too darn many of you already'

My sons went to primary school with a little chap called "Blue" which was quite nice until you found out his surname was "Berry"

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa...

I'm going to be laughing all evening now :D

As for the sterilisation thing, well, I won't be contributing to the overpopulation problem - as soon as I'm declared Supreme Leader, there's a certain list - let's call it the 'Removal of Surplus 50% List' - that'll do the job nicely. All applications for the other half of the list - tentatively entitled 'The 50% That Deserve My Reign List' - should be addressed to:

Don't Put Me On The Bad List

Supreme Leader of the World

1 The Larch

Wood Lane

W12 7RJ

-----

I know someone whos parents called him Gandalf Pippin, he is known as Garry for some reason, I only found out his real name when I saw his passport and I've been sworn to secrecy.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

THFC well i supose it is better then your dad being a KLFC fan. There is also a few reported childrens names l have heard are not to bad but naming you child of the starting 11 of your favorite football team of the next football match is OUT of the question. l am not saying that the club my partner supports is rubbish or anything but most of them are forign and l cant even say as they baby will more than likely get the nick names l call them.

I love the idea of stiggy and stiggo. We are considering that. I dont have a problem with family names as we dont really have that tradition in my partners family only mine and that was mainly mine.

For the idea of putting my name in the babys name l would not touture the poor girl as it is my great gramdmas assumed name and my mothers middle name but l could always put what everyone calls me in.

Thanks for the ideas so far please keep them coming as this has now got into a good debat in this house hold. My partner really loves stig as a middle name idea.

Chrissi