debt with hsbc

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, the old "I regret we did not receive this letter" ploy. HSBC did this to me on six occasions, despite having signed for each of the letters.

I've also had the same weasel wording about an agreement. The crucial statement is: "Whilst I cannot provide the original signed agreement blah blah blah". In other words, they have admitted that the debt is unenforceable.

The stuff about a court taking payments into account is just misleading bolleaux - since the debt is unenforceable they'll never get that far.

I wrote and asked them to confirm if they could not provide it because they didn't have it (though the answer was fairly obvious), and they admitted that this was the case and that they knew the debt was unenforceable. Subsequently, they have continued to waffle and attempt to mislead by claiming that they met my s.77/78 request, and conveniently forgetting that they need the original to enforce. They really are tiresome, but it's worth being persistent.

do u know what year the CC was taken out?

I am wondering because i dont know if these t&cs are the correct ones.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ill try the images again

sorry pigsic - I'm only getting a square with a little red cross in the top left corner so can't comment at this stage - but SP has obviously got it .

Can anyone tell me how to access these documents,please? :confused:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi there in the letter from hsbc it mention that the cc was taken out in 1998 so that 10 years ago i think thats about right they have given us 8 weeks do you think we should wait for 6 weeks or get on it know

REGARDING DAD'S OVERDRAFT

Hi There regarding dad overdraft with hsbc bank we s.a.r'd them on the 3 march 08 today we got a lettr and the £10 postal order back with a list of charges when my comes back from college i will get him to post them on for me because i don't know how to do it. Then if you can look at is and advice me what to do please

thanks

pigsic

Hi Pigsic.

When u get home can u please look at the t&cs and find out how much the overlimit fees are for me as i can seem to find them.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

all so whend did they change from midland to HBSC?

just a thought i cant disclose ATM

Some history of Midland to HSBC

Midland Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What overlimit fees are you after Godmother? Bank or credit card? Also for what year?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

i was asking for the ones on the t&cs that pigsic posted up. I will explain more in a bit

Hi pigsic

Well it looks like you have the relevant information for claiming back your bank charges but the claim will only be registered as it tells you in the letter, because of the OFT case.

If you want to make doubly sure they have told you everything, you can insist on a copy of all of the bank statements, as they've said they'll issue them free of charge, why not have them anyway?!!

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

i was asking for the ones on the t&cs that pigsic posted up. I will explain more in a bit

Why don't you just copy and paste them into a word document godmother, then you can enlarge them and read them at your leisure?:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hiya pigsic, you need to get your claim for the £95 plus £825 HSBC have deducted from your dad underway, read the frequently asked questions and the step by step guide:)

the only way HSBC can make your dad pay back the £270 is by taking him to court and as it so happens this is exactly what you want too to make them look at your claim :)

good luck

pete

Lisa - here's the template letters for reclaiming charges. I think letter no. 2 is the one to request payment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

So send off a request for the charges to be refunded on the bank account.

Registering a complaint is basically writing a letter to them to say that you are complaining about their service.

:)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Also, you are saying this account is in dispute because the amount owed is made up of charges, therefor you are not making any further payment to the account.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.