Just a rant!!!

Gary67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is it with telecom companies?

Just spent 6 months in dispute with BT over a feature line contract that clearly states it is for 12 months, they insist it is 24 minimum. Ive even sent them the contract twice which they say they haven't received. Finally got the feature line taken off only to find the same day they started a new 12 month contract. If I don't pay they will cut me off and as it's a business line that is a bit more than inconvenient :-x .

Then this morning my girlfriend damaged her mobile, so phoned the insurance company ( she took it out when she got the phone :mad: ), it has £50 excess AND she pays ten quid a month, they can repair it in 7 to 14 days. That is just rubbish service.

Phoned Phones4U to enquire about the fastest way to get the phone back working ( again used for business) and he said don't bother with the insurance, come in and sign up for a new 18 month contract and we can sort it out this afternoon.

Back in the 'olden days' when your mobile broke they sent out a new one AND a parcel to send your old one back, they did that on a next day basis.

Only went back to BT because of the dreadful hassle from NTL, changed to Vodaphone at phones4you because of the hassle with o2.

Just have to face it. They're ALL rubbish.

There would be a hell of a market if just one mobile or fixed line telecom company kept things simple, provided a good service and actually cared about the customers they already have instead of trying to get the ones they haven't.

Rant over, but don't feel any better :|

Gary, sit down and BREATH

mind your blood pressure :D

I cant offer you any advice re the above, but it has been read.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I can sympathise with you especially with BT feature line. Our business has gone into voluntary liquidation so I rang and cancelled the BT line. Got a massive bill saying I had agreed to a feature line that was on a 3 - 5 year contract and I had only had it 2. Yeah right. Sent letter last November politly saying they had made a mistake. Please rectify the bill and send out a correct one.

:) :) Blood pressure dropping slightly :) .

BUT............

Went to buy a new phone, seemed the easiest option!!

Didn't want anything fancy so found a half decent one for £60.00. Silly me thought that was what you paid, leave the shop, put your old SIM in and off you go!!!!

Nope, you HAVE to buy £10 top up as well, and in my case on a card I'm never going to use as I have a contract.

So that sixty quid phone is actually SEVENTY. :-x :-x

Blood pressure back up :confused:

There is a reason for having to top up. It's because PAYG phones are subsidised by the networks too (just not as much as contract phone) and so the top up helps discouraging box breaking.

You could just use the credit and then switch back to your normal sim. Or just give the sim to a mate

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

I would suggest PAYG phones are subsidised by higher call charges.

But, how can you advertise something at £60.00 but you have to pay £70.

The telecom companies are taking up so much of my time I don't have any friends anymore, so giving the SIM away isn't an option :Cry:;)