Prime Minister's Website

Penfold92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any idea exactly what Sky are planning Stone?:)

Sorry Freaky, all I have from a very confidential source is that sky were airing something on the test case wed morning and running some background info alongside it, interviews case studies ect. We will just have to watch out on wed I suppose. Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they will, we need to just keep the pressure up and let the Banks and press know we are around still and not going anyway fast...

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

here is the announcement from penaltycharges.com

forum

forum

Urgent news letter

Test case to be held behind closed doors! Well almost

The OFT/BANKS test case is now due to start on the 16th January. As the Judge has requested two days as reading days. In addition the case It is now to be held in at the International Dispute Resolution Centre at 70 Fleet Street, EC4Y1EU and not at the High Court.

There are only 11 places for press and public. Entry is going to be on a first come first serve basis but it will be divided equally between the public and press.

Passes will be issued separately for morning and afternoon sessions. This will mean that it is going to be impossible for one person whether public or press to get the full picture of the case.

A spokesman from the OFT is alleged to have said that he ‘did not realise’ the room was only big enough for very few members of the public.

For those who didn’t know the test case is taking place to decide whether banks charges are unlawful. If the OFT’s case is successful it will result in the bank having to repay billions to millions of there customers.

And remember this all began because Abbey national refused to refunded me £64.00 glad I not in their shoes.

Back to business

Today I have had a meeting with my local MP Mr Gary Street he agrees that the lack of seating for members of the public and the press is a disgrace. He will be raising a motion in parliament on Monday. We ask that all members contact their local MP’s A.S.A.P (tonight & tomorrow email them phone them fax them) ask that they support MP Mr Gary Street in his motion.

It is obvious that the OFT/bank are hoping that the case will receive little media attention and that it will just go away we must make sure that this doesn’t happen the fight for fair banking may soon be over!!

For information on the room details at the International Dispute Resolution Centre tel: 02079367000

Stephen Hone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

So others are using the same ploy as us that is only good...

Penfold

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

Is there any truth in this case is small claims? I just read a post on another thread and I cannot believe that a High Court Case can be small claims?

Penfold

Without Prejudice

No I don't think that can be right. Which thread was that posted on?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/126399-oft-test-case-moved.html

By James...last page ish i think

Penfold

Without Prejudice

LOL The Banks can't charge the OFT with costs...:D :D :D

In any case I hope we can get the upper hand in the next two weeks and then more cases can get through whilst the next lot of debating goes on...

Penfold

Without Prejudice

Talk Sport's Jon Gaunt's contact details guys:

talkSPORT - Live Sports Radio | Live Premier League | Live Scores

Copy and paste the email.

Penfold

Without Prejudice

just to let you know we arn't the only ones putting pressure on, here's an email I had off the Penalty Charges website.

Urgent news letter

Test case to be held behind closed doors! Well almost

The OFT/BANKS test case is now due to start on the 16th January. As the Judge has requested two days as reading days. In addition the case It is now to be held in at the International Dispute Resolution Centre at 70 Fleet Street, EC4Y1EU and not at the High Court.

There are only 11 places for press and public. Entry is going to be on a first come first serve basis but it will be divided equally between the public and press.

Passes will be issued separately for morning and afternoon sessions. This will mean that it is going to be impossible for one person whether public or press to get the full picture of the case.

A spokesman from the OFT is alleged to have said that he ‘did not realise’ the room was only big enough for very few members of the public.

For those who didn’t know the test case is taking place to decide whether banks charges are unlawful. If the OFT’s case is successful it will result in the bank having to repay billions to millions of there customers.

And remember this all began because Abbey national refused to refunded me £64.00 glad I not in their shoes.

Back to business

Today I have had a meeting with my local MP Mr Gary Street he agrees that the lack of seating for members of the public and the press is a disgrace. He will be raising a motion in parliament on Monday. We ask that all members contact their local MP’s A.S.A.P (tonight & tomorrow email them phone them fax them) ask that they support MP Mr Gary Street in his motion.

It is obvious that the OFT/bank are hoping that the case will receive little media attention and that it will just go away we must make sure that this doesn’t happen the fight for fair banking may soon be over!!

For information on the room details at the International Dispute Resolution Centre tel: 02079367000

Stephen Hone

I don't think we will get anything changed at this late stage but the more high level attention this gets the better. At least the people in the court room will realise they arn't behind closed doors and any decisions they make will be subject to a great deal of public and media scrutiny.

pete

That's the idea Pete, the more people are aware the less likely any....well you know....

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

I am getting a little confused. I have just gone through a couple of newspapers and they say that the test case starts today. :confused: .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

This is on the OFT website today:-

OFT test case on unauthorised overdraft charges - hearing commences in High Court

6/08 14 January 2008

The OFT’s application for a declaration on the law in respect of unauthorised overdraft charges is due to commence this Wednesday 16 January 2008.

The purpose of the application is to get a ruling on whether the provisions of the UTCCRs (Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations) that deal with unfairness, apply to unauthorised overdraft charges, and will not address whether terms and conditions or specific charges of individual banks are unfair. However the OFT is continuing to analyse information supplied by the banks, and further information on the investigation into unfairness will be published after the judgment has been delivered and OFT has had time to consider any implications.

The application for the declaration is brought against: Abbey National plc, Barclays Bank plc, Clydesdale Bank plc, HBOS plc, HSBC Bank plc, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Nationwide Building Society and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc. The hearing is expected to last three weeks with judgment to follow some time later.

The OFT has published information about the case that further explains the work on bank personal current accounts.

NOTES

1. The case will be heard at the International Dispute Resolution Centre, 70 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1EU.

2. The case, which will decide if these charges are covered by UTCCRs, has been bought following an agreement between the OFT and the banks taking part. Download the full text of the agreement (pdf 51 kb).

The judge is reading the case today & tomorrow Jo - it starts for real on Wednesday ..................:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D