Police issued speeding ticket on road that does not exist - going to court!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My sister received a police speeding notice.

The notice says she was speeding in a road she was not in at the time and it does not actually exist in the area the ticket was issued.

She has sent in her license and payment but it was sent back and they have sais they want it to go to court as she did not hand her license in on time.

Can this be contested at the hearing as the road name does not exist?

They have been letting offenders off where the officers have written 2007 instead of 2008 on tickets issued this year.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

It would depend on how different the name is. There is a thing called the 'Slip Rule' which allows for minor corrections Like a spelling mistake or XXXX avenue instead of XXXX street).

Your best bet is to go over to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice - they are the speeding experts

The road name does not exist!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Go to court, they will throw it out. No case to answer

Sorry, it's not that straightforward.

What has she done with the NIP/S.172 request from the Police. If she has admitted to being the driver, signed it and returned it then she has just admitted driving on the non-existent road.

Sorry, it's not that straightforward.

What has she done with the NIP/S.172 request from the Police. If she has admitted to being the driver, signed it and returned it then she has just admitted driving on the non-existent road.

she's admitted speeding, just not on that road.

She offered to pay the fine and sent in her license.

they sent it all back saying they want it to go to court!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi,

It may be worth running the name Richard Bentley through google,

his site has plenty of info on speeding and if you drop him an email im sure he will give you the pointers to resolve this

Thanks very much PT

My charges claims:

Default removals:

How can she have admitted to speeding but not on the road they say? Is she saying she has been speeding somewhere else? Would have been better not to admit anything at all and run with the court. Additionally has she requested a hard copy of the camera imagery?