Fiat finance.

gerih
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received my statement of affairs from Fiat.There are amounts for £205.62,£52.88 &£270.00 under the vague decription "legal charges".Should i request a full explanation of this £528.50,or just give them 7 days to refund the money before completing the court forms?

Get an explanation.

There is nothing wrong with a little caution and being informed as much as possible before stepping out.

However, give them a deadline in which to comply.

I've read your pm.

I think that if you are going to pay these charges you should have an explanation.

I'd like more details of the legal charges. Are they the result of a court order or what?

Bankfodder - the final charge of £270 might be as a result of court action,but i`m sure that the other 2 charges are not.The statement from them doen not clarify this,so i`ll contact them today for a full explanation of these charges.

Yes ask for a full explanation. It seems to me to be reasonable to do so. Ask also for bank statements.

What was the court case which incurred the costs? I'm going to say that £270 if you have had costs awarded against you seems to be very little. Quite a bargain actually. What is about?

Just `pnoned Fiat.The woman i spoke to has no idea what the legal charges were for and is passing the query to their solicitors.I have asked for a full explanation and breakdown of these charges.

A quick reply from them.They say that the £205.62 and £52.88 were for sending someone round to my flat for me to pay off some arrears and the £270 was for a "return of goods order".I have asked for this in writing and a breakdown of the figures but they claim that they cannot give a further breakdown.They say that thats what the collector charges for coming to your property.

Do i still have a case for getting these charges back or just put it down to experience?

was the collection ordered by the court. Was it a bailiff?

To the best of my knowledge,the first two charges were not through a court.The return of goods order may have been.I am sure that the guy who came to my flat was not a baliff.He did come with a truck to take the car away if i didn`t have the money, as he would have been entitled to, as less than one-third paid at the tme.The second charge (£52.88) they claim that the collector couldn`t find me.I have no recollection of this at all.I await full details from them.

Thanks for replying.

If people come without court orders - you just send them away.

Finally got the info from Fiat.They say that all late payment charges were waived on settlement.The charges were £270 for a return of goods order,

£52.88 and £205.62 for a cash collection agent.Are these fair?

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks