Lloyds Personal Loan

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a letter from Lloyds regarding my loan. Now bear in mind I have been in touch regarding this and they refused token payment/syop interest and charges etc. Anyway this letter arrived this morning

LoanChargesDecember.jpg

By the way the account no. on the letter is my current account.

Now a couple of questions that someone may be able to answer.

As there is no Direct Debit set up (I cancelled it) for my loan on this account why are they adding charges to it ?

I downgraded the account and cancelled all overdraught facilities on yhe account, so will they just take it into the red ?

Finally, as I don't use this account for anything at all should I close it, or will they refuse due to me having a loan outstanding ?

Any other advice welcomed.

Pete.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately as you loan and bank account are with the same bank they can take payments from your bank account to pay your loan even it gives you an unauthorised overdraft thereby adding charges.

You say you have a loan with them, how long has this loan been taken out as it may well be worth sending them a request for a copy of the agreement to see whether this is enforceable.

I would think they would not allow you to cancel your bank account whilst your loan is still outstanding.

2 years old the loan. I have nothing in the account and there is nothing ever paid into it. If there is no Direct Debit set up, how can they request payment ? For all they know I could be setting up a DD with my new bank to make the payments !

Pete.

they would have done the loan based on your account.

It is the same with one of there credit cards they do the card based on your account.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

So why don't they just take the full months repayment, instead of just the charges ?

Isn't this different from what they are saying here ?

GeneralInfLetter.jpg

So how can they take money from one account with no funds in it to pay charges for non payment of another account ?

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
I would send a letter to Lloyds and head it OFFICIAL COMPLAINT they then have to respond and failing a satisfactory outcome you can report them to the FOS at that stage.

i would do the same too. :) it's an option really. you can do that or do something else.

Had a letter this morning stating they will instruct solicitors to claim the loan back

DefaultNoticeMaybe.jpg

Is this a real Default Notice, and what should my next step be ?

I was just going to reply stating that my circumstances hadn't yet improved and ask them to reconsider my original token payment offer. I now know when my heart surgery is to be done and therefore there is an end in sight to this unfortunate situation. Something along those lines anyway :)

Anyone have anything to advise ?

Pete.

Hi Pete,

How you doing with Lloyds? Bunch of bell ends aren`t they?

I received a Default Notice exactly the same as yours, a couple of weeks or so ago for my Lloyds Mastercard.

I think you`ve been reading my thread about it and know that I haven`t been paying as they are in Criminal Offence now. Wow! Like they are really bothered and scared by that?

Anyway, I don`t think your token payments will make much difference, as they want the full whack. They cashed my £1 CCA fee and paid this on the Card, which to them was probably a token payment. Morons!

Have you CCA`d them on this account? I can`t remember if you have or not. Isn`t your account just a couple of years old? They`d probably have a valid CCA anyway.

Anyway, just keep fighting them matey and don`t give in. If you back down they`ll jump on you and stamp on your head.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi N.P

Good to hear from you again, the loan is only 2 years old so as you say they will probably have a CCA anyway. The only reason I am going to reply is, if they do take me to court I will have proof that I have kept them up to date with my position and have done even BEFORE I hit difficulties yet they have ignored me. I'm sure a judge wouldn't be able to make me pay more than I can afford anyway. And that is at this moment in time £1.

I'll be keeping an eye on your Mastercard thread because they have only sent me one letter since I wrote to them.

My only concern/worry is my current account that they will be adding bloody charges and then interest to cos I don't have an overdraught.

Pete.

Hi odds,

Well, the reason I haven`t been paying them or replied to any of their letters is because they have Defaulted on my CCA request, so I have no obligations to them. They do have one to me though, my CCA request.

It seems there are a lot of people having all sorts of trouble with Lloyds, and it looks like Lloyds are just blanking everyones requests.

Why don`t you open another Account with another Bank and use that from now on? You could still keep paying your £1 a month.

I`ll catch you later mate. I have a phising letter to print out now to another bunch of knob jockeys.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi odds,

Well, the reason I haven`t been paying them or replied to any of their letters is because they have Defaulted on my CCA request, so I have no obligations to them. They do have one to me though, my CCA request.

It seems there are a lot of people having all sorts of trouble with Lloyds, and it looks like Lloyds are just blanking everyones requests.

Why don`t you open another Account with another Bank and use that from now on? You could still keep paying your £1 a month.

Regards

N.P

I have and I do only use my new account. I still pay the £1 a month aswell, to my loan and Mastercard accounts.

Problem is nothing ever goes into my Lloyds account, yet because of Loan payments missed they are going to charge that account for £25 which then means I will have an Unauthorised Overdraught which will then incur ridiculous daily charges.

I spoke to CCCS about the charges to my account and they advised me to just pay £1 off the overdraught aswell and don't worry about it. Easy for them to say :)

Pete.

Have you sent an Official Complaint yet? if not, you need to. Also I would be inclined to ask for a copy of the agreement, even if they have got a copy it might not be enforceable. With regard to the overdraft charges unfortunately whilst this amount is outstanding interest accrues on it so it will soon escalate if not paid.

I will give you an example of what they did to my daughter.

They returned a d/d for £40.00 to Lloyds Credit Card, charged her £30.00 for doing so and Lloyds Credit Card charged her £12.00 for it being returned. So for £40.00 being returned she got £42.00 charges. So we cancelled the d/d and next month they took out £16.00 making her overdrawn charging her a further £30.00. She had infact in the interim been to the CAB who had offered a reduced payment to Lloyds who had confirmed they would put the matter on hold for 28 days who would not accept the token payment. This was the basis of my Official Complaint and she eventually had the credit card debt written off and £350 charges back to her bank account. It took about six months for this to get sorted.

As you can see you need to get this sorted asap as they are difficult to deal with even when the CAB are involved it is not plain sailing.

Thanks for the tip Surprise.

Who did the Official Complaint go to. The problem is the Loan is being dealt with by The Collections Centre in Brighton but the letter informing me about how much the charges were going to be came from Lloyds TSB Scotland ?

And the post code for them doesn't exist according to Royal Mail.

Thanks

Pete.

Is this letter too 'soft' in response to the 'default' letter in Post #8

24 January 2008

Lloyds TSB Bank

Collections Centre

Brighton

BN1 4BE

Account No: XXXXX

Reference : XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter RefFNXXXX dated XX/XX/08. I am very disappointed that you have decided to take this course of action as I was hoping to reach a more satisfactory outcome. As I have previously explained in my letter dated XX/XX/07 at this moment I can only realistically make a token payment as you can clearly see from the expenditure sheet I sent. Unfortunately I have no control over my present circumstances as I am currently waiting to enter hospital for Heart Surgery, which will be done on the XX/XX/08.

I would also like to take this opportunity to once again point out that I tried to seek help with my situation in October, well before my account reached this position. Unfortunately my Lloyds Branch could not offer any help, neither could your Customer Support Dept and my letters were ignored until my account had actually gone into arrears.

The fact that you are now making charges on my current account is also totally unacceptable and given my present position can only be classed as counter productive. I will once again request that these charges are stopped on my Current Account and any Interest on my loan account be stopped. I will of course continue with my token payment until such time as my circumstances change

I would also point out that all my actions in this matter from day one have been positive but I have received no assistance whatsoever from yourselves and this could very well be viewed as unreasonable.

I look forward to your reply in writing.

Yours Faithfully

Mr X Xxxxxx

Anyone think of anything to add/remove before I send it off in the morning ?

All points considered.

Thanks

Pete

Head it OFFICIAL COMPLAINT send it to

Customer Service Recovery, Lloyds TSB Bank PLC, Sussex House, 1-9 Gloucester Place, Brighton, BN1 4BE and copy in the Collections Dept. Quote your current account number.

Couple of amendments I would make. First paragraph as you are writing to a different address you will need to refer to the letter received and send them a copy. Also, last paragraph change could to would. Otherwise fine.

looks good to me with the changes to be added. Good luck with these ppl l won my charges back they were about £100 tho and they were taking them out of benefit money.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Went into Victor Meldrew mode this morning. So Mastercard got it, Collections Centre got it and the official complaint went :)

I then realised it had just cost me 3 months of token payments in postage :(

Pete.

well i am glad you got that of your chest.

I am sorry to hear that but l meant l am glad you got down on paper what you wanted to say.

Good luck witht the surgery let us no how it goes. :)

Chrissi

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck witht the surgery let us no how it goes. :-)

Chrissi

Just to let you know, Pete had his surgery this afternoon and all went well:D . I will be going to see him, probably Thursday, so will give you an update then.

Shazza

glad all seems fine.

Tell him hope he gets better soon and not to over do anythng unlike me.

Chrissi

Hi there,

That`s great news, let`s hope he gets well real soon.

Tell him we`re all waiting for his return.

N.P ;)