CL Finance Ltd. court claim form 2 old HSBC debts **WON** Discontinued

jumpjet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard of them. You should jusr write back advising that this case has now been discontinued.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

Unless you received a N279 Notice of Discontinuance from cohen, and then N24 General Form of Judgement or Order from the court, where it is ordered that the claim has been discontinued, you can bet your last dollar cohen wrote (faxed) to the court, stating the claim has been settled and the case to be vacated from the listings.

cohen fools the court into believing the case has been settled, the court will enter cohens "letter" onto caseman and vacated the trial date. I found the court obstructive, refusing to supply a copy of the letter (scanned document) now claiming they have lost it!

I stood beside the defendant at the time as a witness whereby the court staff member blatantly lied, I since witnessed the court listing manager and a District Judge closing ranks to avoid admitting they had ignored civil procedure rules.

Unfortunately for cohen and the court concerned, including the DJ, this will become public knowledge within the next 3 months.

The moral is when cohen send "Notice of Discontinuance" unless copies are served upon the defendant and a copy filed to the court on form N279 the debt has neither been settled or discontinued, I would advise anyone who recieves a letter from cohen purporting to be a notice of discontinuance to forward this immediately to the court, stating the claimant must issue the Notice of Discontinuance on the correct form for the District Judge to be able to discharge the case as laid down by the Civil Procedure Rules.

• 3 months later...

Blimey Just read this thread!! - Note that the original post was 2008!

Cannot believe that this is exactly the same issue that I have at the moment http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280684-CCJ-against-me...never-recieved-a-claim-to-defend!!&highlight=

* Account closed by HSBC in 2005 sold to Metropolitan, the CL Finance and both HSBC & CL Finance failed on a CCA request issued proceedings using an old address didn't recieve a claim got judgement...had that set aside last month....have failed to respond to my CPR request at the aq stage to be filed by next Monday.

Hopefully my outcome will be positive!!

If anyone who has dealt with these muppets wants to offer me any advice, click on mu thread link and feel free!!

dmb

• 3 months later...

Have just read this thread and i am in exactly the same boat as well at the mo see my thread for further details cannot believe what C L are doing

see Cl Finance sent court papers for a HSBC debt Help Please !!!

have had loads of help so far will have to wait and see for the outcome just got a 30 day stay off Howard Cohen from today as they have not yet replied to my CPR 31.14

TTS :-)