'Business call' from GE Money asking me to input date of birth?

sue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every day since Christmas eve I am getting automated phone calls from GE Money asking me to confirm my name by pressing the key pad and then to put my date of birth in by pressing the key pad, I have not done any of this, I just hang up as I believe that if they really need to contact me urgently then they would have written to me by now!

Has anyone any experience of these calls and how legitimate and indeed how legal they are?

Claim for £3,044.86 ongoing with Barclays-soon to be complete-I hope!!!Won for the Daughter £915 from Barclays!!!!!

I believe that if they really need to contact me urgently then they would have written to me by now!

Quite agree

Has anyone any experience of these calls and how legitimate and indeed how legal they are?

Have you tried keying in a random DOB of a 95 year old?

Probably harrassment but you would have to prove it

Start a record of all of the calls that you receive

Try sending the telephone harassment letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Grumpy

I think I've had similar robot calls from Yorkshire Bank's collections department. My OH hangs up as soon as we know who it is though

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court