Lose weight with crusher :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've heard that said before. Can I take it you've lost some weight conalot?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the atkins cuts out ridiculous amounts of everything apart from meat which is extremely unhealthy as far as i know where as all i did was eat masses of steamed veg an chicken and fish etc plenty of fresh fruit dont cut out carbs completely just for first week to kick start then reduce my intake thats all

Atkins loads your diet with protein to cause your body to burn off fat, not sure of the exact physical reasons but its not a natural thing to do. I don't know enough to say if this is right or wrong or indeed healthy

think you need to think carefully do some research and monitor closely what's happening if you use one of the more radical diets like Atkins both while your on the diet and after you stop.

Wieghed myself this morning in the alltogether what a horror story Im xxxstone xxxlbs need to loose 3 stone

will wiegh myself next week and post the loss or gain

Targets for week, only drink one glass of wine on sat and sun ( difficult as we are hosting a party Sunday)

Walk the dog a little further while she can ( shes pregnanat so will have to cut down in a few weeks)

and eat fruit instead of a pudding 5 out of seven nights

If I can achieve that this week I will be satisfied

How about you Crusher

I have signed up to a well known supermarket diet site. According to them I should get down to my ideal weight in approx 10 weeks. I did this diet a couple of years ago and it really worked. Hopefully I will lose 2lbs per week. Currently I weigh in at 10st and 11lbs and need to get down to 9st 3lbs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

the atkins cuts out ridiculous amounts of everything apart from meat which is extremely unhealthy as far as i know where as all i did was eat masses of steamed veg an chicken and fish etc plenty of fresh fruit dont cut out carbs completely just for first week to kick start then reduce my intake thats all

Not at all. What you did is exactly what the Atkins diet does, actually. I have never eaten as many vegetables as when I am on low-carb. Which vegetables is another story, potatoes are out, certainly, and most fruits apart from the berries types. Considering that the 5-a-day is a random number decided by the government with no proof as to its benefits, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Atkins loads your diet with protein to cause your body to burn off fat, not sure of the exact physical reasons but its not a natural thing to do. I don't know enough to say if this is right or wrong or indeed healthy
Another myth about Atkins, or low-carb in general.

Low-carb is about cutting out sugars and starches, not "loading" anything. It's about readjusting your eating habits, and also your thinking about your eating habits. Since the 60s/70s, we have been brainwashed that eat fat = be fat. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, since the arrival of LC, even the trend has started to reverse with more "well, some fats are actually good for you", as the evidence accumulates that this was a load of poppycocks.

There is however a lot of vested interest in the low-fat market to discredit LC, as you can be a low-carber with nothing more than adjustment to your regular shopping, and where's the money in that for the likes of WW and other dieting industries? Where would Slim-Fast and Special K go if we were, shock horror, to just eat roasted chicken (with skin ON!) with green beans glistening with butter, a touch of lemon juice and cracked black pepper? Or cauliflower cheese made with double cream, cheddar, full-fat Philadelphia (or mascarpone), Dijon mustard and a bit of nutmeg to serve next to, oh, I don't know, a lovely slice of fresh salmon with herbs?

For me, as a French woman, the hardest thing to give up is bread and bread products. But I found that a lot of it was habit, and that after a while, you don't actually crave it. And it's not for ever either. Once you have reached your weight goal, you can start reintroducing pasta, rice, spuds, if you want. The trick is to keep an eye on the scales and cut them back again as needed.

One final thing about low-carb before I get off my soapbox: Low-carb is the natural way to get diabetes II under control without medication for a lot of people, as it controls the amount of insulin released by the body. Low-carb has been used quite extensively to assist women with PCOS. In my case, when I am on LC, my skin improves, my stomach aches improve, to the point I don't have to take medication any more... and that's on top of losing weight! :-D

The only thing I found that was quite nasty with Atkins was that you end up with really bad breath (and a slight flatulence problem). My OH tried it a few years ago when it became all the rage to do it. He really did smell baaaaaaaad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Yes, some people said that too, but I never found it a problem myself, it's odd, isn't it? At the end, not everyone's body reacts the same, I know that for some, constipation can become an issue, whilst for others, LC makes them more "regular". I know one thing I have to be careful with is my gums (never in a good state at their best) tend to be more sensitive, which I have never understood why, considering I am cutting out the sugar! :-?

Bottom line is, if someone just wants to eat healthier, they don't have to go the hardline LC, they could just cut out sugar (which I personally think people should do whether they want to lose weight or not) and cut down on starches, they'll be doing themselves a favour anyway.

as with any diet there are pro's an cons an to me the best way is to cut down on how much you eat an change your lifestyle to keep more active if you are to lose it an keep it off dietsa are good to kick start but not for long term, I like chocolate etc an dont like giving it up so i just watch the amounts works for me anyway

I am afraid I will Bookie on this, Atkins has been the only diet I have ever done, I feel great, look great have bag loads of energy, my constant indigestion goes, I dont get the bad breath, the constipation can be a problem, but there are remedies and drinking lots of water helps too - and it is a wonderful thing, long live atkins

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

LOL you know what I meant as you have seen the results on me and I have seen the results on you too, you awkward woman lol :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Sex, the answer is MORE Sex.:D

Oh well, back to the water.:(

Saintly1 Im saying nothing.:roll:

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Behave yourself Tony. Crusher and I both want to lose weight but I'm not having sex with him!!!:rolleyes:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Mr Caro too.:p