Penalty Charges on Trains

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not concerned so much about proving who was right and wrong or avoiding a penalty charge or a court fine. I understand that the facts say i was not in possesion of a valid ticket etc.

I'm concerned with having a criminal record for this.

it's a real pity that you admitted sonmething you basically didn't do... however, until you recieve a penalty notice or summons, there is really not much you can do.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I would be worried about a court fine as you will have a crimminal record if you get one. It seems to me your only way out of it is to defend it to the hilt.

I think it's rather too early to say as yet... there are two methods they can use; sending you a penalty notice, and/or sending a summons. in most cases they send you a penalty notice which costs £20+admin fee + ticket price... so maybe £60. If they do this, then you should pay it. In that case, I don't think you get a criminal record.

If they do decide to prosecute you, and you settle out of court, there will be no criminal record.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Um, i disagree.

The rail bylaws are fairly clear, and it is a criminal offence. The penalty fee argument is irrelevant, because there is actually a criminal penalty set by parliament.

• Haha 1