Electoral roll and credit - been refused for loans. We think this is because she is not on the electoral roll.

LordLee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick question...

My girlfriend is from the states, lived here nearly 10 years and has recently gained British Citizenship.

She has a credit card, never defaulted... but has been refused for loans. We think this is because she is not on the electoral roll.

She has just sent off her form to be put on electoral roll.

How long should this take to filter through to credit agencies? Also... as she has been refused for a loan on a sofa from DFS and had another credit check for a credit card (successful)... how long should she wait before applying for a loan?

Cheers.

There has been numerous debates over this, and my personal conclusion is that it seems to vary between local councils.

Most councils update their registers monthly (well at least for most of the year). Differences then occur over when CRA's actually receive information, some say they will only buy data from councils once a year because they know their CRA file has not been updates, while others have said their records got updated (hence my opinion that councils themselves differ)

It does seem you can dispute the entry on CRA and insist on its correction. The last thread I read (in this particular forum I think), was due to the CRA insisting on a fee (£10) to check with the council. I certainy think data should be accurate and there should be no fee, it is however, personal choice.

The best way is to ask your own council when the register will be updated, and what their policy is on reporting to CRA's. That will save you keep buying credit reports to check or making applications in the hope it has been done (too many applications in a short space of time can affect credit rating).

• dx100uk changed the title to Electoral roll and credit - been refused for loans. We think this is because she is not on the electoral roll.