Missy06 -v- Mint (WON!)

Missy06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent Prelim

10/09/07 - received letter from Mint offering me 51.84 (representing a refund of the difference between their original 20.00 and the curent 12.00 late payment charge and associated interest) out of the 418.53 I requested. Didn't respond to them and sent LBA.

18/10/07 - received letter saying they won't pay more than their original offer of 51.84.

9/11/07 - filed claim in court. They have till 30/11/07 to file an acknowledge of service.

21/11/07 - received a letter from the court that Mint has responded to the claim and intend to defend all the claim. This gave them up to 14/12/07 to file a defence.

14/12/07 - went to bed late last night and was woken up by the Post man; guess what? Mint had sent me a full settlement for my claim by recorded delivery I certainly wasn't expecting them to send me a cheque! I just thought they'd take the refund off my Mint card balance! I WON!!

Well done Missy :D Well that was fairly painless in the end. Did they also include the court fee as part of the settlement?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yes they did:-).
Even better :)

I've moved your thread to the WON section.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to let you know that my Wasted Costs Order was not granted by the court:mad:!

I got a letter from the court on 15/1/08 saying "the District Judge has decided you are only allowed to claim fixed costs on your request".

What I will be doing going forward is putting any wasted costs in with the new claims I'm about to put through......At least that way, the costs will be in from the beginning of the claim......:rolleyes: