Dentist's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the miss fortune of my crown coming out. It can't be replaced.usual luck. Bridge or falsers is next Like most people the cost is now scary is there any help here? I work 60hrs for £300 clear. I have 3 kids and receive working familys tax credit. Am I intitled to anything?

If you are on working family tax credit you are entitled to free prescriptions and dentist treatment. You should of received a credit card size exemption card. If you haven't then ring the Inland Revenue and request one. In the mean time ask your dentist if they will take your award notice as proof of being on working tax credits.

Sorry wino, are you trying to say people claiming working tax credit get free dentist treatment etc? if so can i pm you

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Not everyone on working tax credit gets a medical exemption card - it depends on how much you earn and how much benefit you receive.

Best bet is to call the tax credits helpline and find out if you are entitled to it. if you are, they usually send one out around the same time as your reward notice, but that's not to say they haven't messed up.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Yes Tiglet i've just this minute come off the phone with the tax cred help line, and u are correct, NOT everyone is entitled to the exemption card, when i saw winos message, i thought something was amiss, so rang to get my concerns confirmed, as myself claims working tax creds, not enough mind, i only get pennies per month, but every bit helps i guess, but i am NOT entitled to the exemption card as i only claim working tax creds.

Shame really as i've spent well over £2.600 on dental work in the past 2 years.

Unsure of what you might be able to claim on top of any Tax Creds see

www.hmrc.gov.uk

Thax for ur comfirmation too Tiglet.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 2 weeks later...

I appologise for giving incorrect advice. When I rang the tax credit line and asked about exemption cards I was told "yes, if you are on working tax credits you are entitled to free prescriptions and dental care"

I took this to mean everyone. Sorry:o