Over The Top

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest littlesally
I make it my business to answer every new post that I feel I am able to give advice on. I'm sure others do the same.

I agree Sally - however, whenever there is a thread which could be stirring up trouble, I always see your name as being at the bottom viewing.

You yourself have only made 431 posts in well over a year - if this statistic is true, why don't you actually do something about it and assist those members who you feel are being ignored?

Like all things in life, it's one thing to whinge about something and something else entirely to do something about it.

That is strange as I have noticed the same of you.

You may notice that I do get quite a bit of thanks for my few posts, as I do not make meaningless 'post count' posts.

I do, however, have two young children, a grand daughter two older girls who are both having difficulties and a pretty much full time job.

Sally

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'

''do you on the other site that you are connected with ,send out a Private Message and then if you get no answer post it for public view.''

Yes

'

Please take note, crfx who is also a member of another site of which he/she has named, openly admits that if a PM is not answered by the person that he/she sends it to then he/she will make that PM public,this in IMO questions any confidence from this person regading PM's

To be honest sally, if you ahve time to devote yourself to every thread which criticises the site/mods, why do you not have the time to put that to more constructive use?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Guest littlesally

Twiglet get off my back!

I have never said anything personnel to you, or about you, except to complain about your anal sex comment.

You were on this thread before me, you usually are.

Sally

I'm sorry if you feel I'm on your back Sally. I was responding to a comment made by you and was merely asking your opinion or to clarify why you feel you are justified in making such a comment.

I'm not making any personal comments, merely asking a question which I'm sure you are perfectly capable of answering - so why don't you?

As to whether I am on a thread first or not, I feel is a moot point. I clearly spend more time dealing with genuine issues on this site than you do so I don't feel I ahve anything to explain or justify to anyone.

However, I think it might be interesting for readers of this thread to consider the facts as they have been presented and the implications they have for those posting them.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Please take note, crfx who is also a member of another site of which he/she has named, openly admits that if a PM is not answered by the person that he/she sends it to then he/she will make that PM public,this in IMO questions any confidence from this person regading PM's

Hey if you play your cards right maybe the mods could make it a sticky

You've stated that it is disgusting that many posts go unanswered. You have quantified that you have a low post count because you believe your answers are of a quality rather than a quantity nature. You have stated that you have a very busy life-style which does not allow you to answer more posts. You have not disagreed that you post on or regularly view threads which have an element of stirring up trouble on them.

My question is thus: If you are incensed enough about the number of posts going unanswered, while fully believing yourself to be capable of answering, why do you not do so rather than contribute on a continual basis to threads such as this?

Before you take this in any way as a personal attack, I am asking a genuine question and would really like to understand your ethos and what you feel you are contributing to the site that makes you qualified to keep raising this point on various threads.

Guest littlesally

I have never said I feel qualified to answer all the new threads.

I'm not incensed, not my words at all.

I do think it's dreadful as there are so many mods and site helpers here, presumably they are qualified to help.

I am not going to post replies where I can not help, or just guess answers.

You say it's not personnel, yet I am the only person you have singled out. Not that that bothers me, but the initial thing you were putting me down for is exactly what you do - and are here quicker - usually with a few friends

Sally

Interject:

Mods and site helpers are volunteers, as has been mentioned before.

Consumer Law Courses were offered, but due to the fact that about 80% of mods/sh are in the same boat as you, i.e. 2 kids, family, full time job etc... the take up was not huge, and therefore there are very few mods that are qualified in the subject matter - myself and BF included - neither of us have a background in consumer law.

Moderators, moderate. That's what the word means.

If a thread gets out of hand, causes offence or could potentially cause trouble for this site, then the post will be moderated.

Mods are under no obligation to help ANYONE.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

That said, their knowledge is good, hence being asked to be mods or site helpers.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Ok Guys and Girls my posts on this thread have now stopped,I must admit it was certainly challenging at times,this thread started over an earlier thread that i made and the OP that started this thread disagreed with.

I have explained the fact that my original thread has nothing to do with the other site that the OP is associated with.

The OP has quite rightly pulled me up on the meaning of laying down the gauntlet,i was wrong and a have said sorry.

The OP has also named the other site that he/she is associated and has also stated that if he/she does not get a reply to a PM then he/she would make that PM public because in his/hers words the PM wording belongs to him/her.

The only thing that has been gained out of this thread is the fact that members have been engrossed in this thread when they could have been answering other peoples problems.

I can only say now that on a personal view i would have no confidence in the other OP concerned,reasons being the OP made a private message public and the OP has quite clearly stated that he/she would also do it on the other site that he/she is connected with.

I will monitor this thread but i really have no interest in debating a matter that has no positive outcome.

SMF

I didn't say you did, I said capable.

If you aren't angry about it, why do you keep posting the statistics?

I do think it's dreadful as there are so many mods and site helpers here, presumably they are qualified to help.

This is a self-help site and users are encouraged to answer posts, with mods and site-helpers assisting where possible/necessary.

Nobody expects you too - Sally, you drew attention to your reps and therefore the quality of your answers, so surely you could answer some of them? I cannot answer all, but a lot are very straight-forward in terms of pointing users in the direction of templates etc. Sometimes that's all the OP needs.

You say it's not personnel, yet I am the only person you have singled out.

No, I'm not singling you out Sally - you have made statements which I am asking you to qualify. If you are not prepared for people to query or challenge what you say, why post at all? I have been challenged on this forum and I do challenge - it's part of having an enquiring mind and an open forum. If once challenged I feel I am in the wrong, I have the grace to say it or at least to explain in more depth and agree to disagree.

Not that that bothers me, but the initial thing you were putting me down for is exactly what you do - and are here quicker - usually with a few friends

That is a personal attack Sally and an unwarranted one. I do not dispute I have "friends" on the forum, but if you read posts that I have made, I am also unafraid to disagree with them, site mods and owners included. Hopefully I am respected for that because I believe I do so in such a way which utilises rational argument, logical thought and I am not afraid to answer questions or opposing viewpoints. I was not putting anyone down - merely stating a fact and asking a question on the back of that fact.

I am really sorry that you are taking this personally Sally, as I've said, it's not. I can't be any clearer than that. Discussing whether either of us feel "attacked" rather muddies the waters of the question I was asking you, and I do still feel it is a valid and relevant one.

I would still be very interested to know your answer.

And no-one would expect you to.

But 66 out of your last hundred posts have been in the Bear Garden, which rather deflates your busy lifestyle argument.

However that does mean that 34 users have had useful replies they otherwise might not have had and if every user did that, there would be no problem with unanswered posts.

Guest littlesally

Sorry Dave, thought I saw on another thread that moderators were chosen for their knowledge, posts and time commitment.

I realise that everyone is a volunteer and I am grateful for their assistance.

My point was that I don't post if I don't know the answers - I thought someone who does know and would be able to help, would, rather than spend loads of time on troubled threads. Moderators obviously are needed on threads that are a bit troubled.

Sally

Sorry Dave, thought I saw on another thread that moderators were chosen for their knowledge, posts and time commitment.

Sally

Indeed that is correct, if someone has knowledge and would be useful to a particular area of the site, then they would be asked regardless of how much time they could give, or their post count.

It's not an exhaustive list, and makes no mention of qualifications.

There may also be others that fit that criteria exactly and do not want to be a mod or a site helper - at least one of which has posted on this thread.

------------

------------

Guest ChloeJane

Where is the application button????

I thought applications closed for site helpers? Or am I delerious or is no one going to link me to the application button!?

I would then be on the thread of Mods abuse of powers! :rolleyes:

Show me the button! Not that I am any use other than the bear garden of late, but hey does that count ?

Guest littlesally

Sorry, busy doing a French plait for my daughter.

I didn't say you did, I said capable.

I did not say I was capable either, my life has been taken up with serios life stuff and I have had support from some of the lovely people here.

If you aren't angry about it, why do you keep posting the statistics?

Only once

This is a self-help site and users are encouraged to answer posts, with mods and site-helpers assisting where possible/necessary.

No argument there, I agree

Nobody expects you too - Sally, you drew attention to your reps and therefore the quality of your answers, so surely you could answer some of them? I cannot answer all, but a lot are very straight-forward in terms of pointing users in the direction of templates etc. Sometimes that's all the OP needs.

I used to do that, but found that quite a few newbies would be given the same advise over and over

You say it's not personnel, yet I am the only person you have singled out.

No, I'm not singling you out Sally - you have made statements which I am asking you to qualify. If you are not prepared for people to query or challenge what you say, why post at all? I have been challenged on this forum and I do challenge - it's part of having an enquiring mind and an open forum. If once challenged I feel I am in the wrong, I have the grace to say it or at least to explain in more depth and agree to disagree.

Not that that bothers me, but the initial thing you were putting me down for is exactly what you do - and are here quicker - usually with a few friends

That is a personal attack Sally and an unwarranted one.

? ? How is it a personnel attack when all I did was say I had noticed the same of you, yet that is an attack?

I do not dispute I have "friends" on the forum, but if you read posts that I have made, I am also unafraid to disagree with them, site mods and owners included. Hopefully I am respected for that because I believe I do so in such a way which utilises rational argument, logical thought and I am not afraid to answer questions or opposing viewpoints. I was not putting anyone down - merely stating a fact and asking a question on the back of that fact.

I am really sorry that you are taking this personally Sally, as I've said, it's not. I can't be any clearer than that. Discussing whether either of us feel "attacked" rather muddies the waters of the question I was asking you, and I do still feel it is a valid and relevant one.

I would still be very interested to know your answer.

I did answer, your question I believe is howcome I spend so much time on site yet don't answer newbies.

Because I don't know the answers.

Sally

Guest littlesally
And no-one would expect you to.

But 66 out of your last hundred posts have been in the Bear Garden, which rather deflates your busy lifestyle argument.

However that does mean that 34 users have had useful replies they otherwise might not have had and if every user did that, there would be no problem with unanswered posts.

Not sure if that's a dig or a compliment, so I will accept it as a compliment,

Sally

Not wanting to say you're not being accurate Sally, but I'm afraid it doesn't quite ring true.

Many of the posts I have answered today are very simple queries really "What is a CCA?", "Where can I find a statute barred letter?", "How do I start reclaiming my bank charges?" etc.

I do find it quite hard to believe that someone who has been a member for 15 months couldn't answer these basic queries. I would have thought with all of your reps, that you have drawn attention to on this thread, these sorts of queries would be within your scope. i know I could answer elemental questions within my first month and 100 posts.

What sort of queries do you feel able to answer?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks