your broadband speed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well mines great. Advertised speed of up to 4Mb and I'm getting 10Mb.

Of course I am in an area where virgin media are trialling 10Mb for their L customers

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

I think you'll find Virgin Media have kicked almost all BB connections upto 10 Mb. At least that is thier intention.

Mines 20MB and I get 17-18 most of the time.:)

Prob the best price - vs - speed deal there is.

Shame their Cust service is so poor. :(

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

• 10 months later...

I regularly clock at around 80% of my ISP's advertised 'up to' rate, which is acceptable when the calculations for my exchange, distance from it and line attenuation I work out to be a max of only slightly above what I'm getting. Besides which, the numbers are ultimately meaningless, so long as your service is fast enough for your usage.

However, it's always preferable in these situations to get an idea of your average speed over several tests, rather than just relying on one.

You'll find a range of links in this post, together with information for seeing which Exchange you're on; which is very relevant to your actual speeds.

And since it's relevant to the thread, sorry to hear your problem is still not sorted WayneH. The only thing I can suggest is telling BT that your contract is void as they have failed to provide a service that is fit for purchase, then try another supplier. Or swap to cable, if available in your area.

Or just give up altogether and read a book!

my speed is also -hit for an upto 8mb connection with bt i average 980kbps download and just 130 kbps upload this worked out over 1 week taking tests in morning lunchtime and evening even my mate in the usa said it was slow last night as my messages were taking forever to get there and that did not used to be the case.

I also noticed my phone line is noisy do you think i could have a faulty main socket as it was put in ages ago.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

yup a lot better than mine

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 months later...

I joined sky a year ago from bt and haven`t looked back, my phone bills have dropped from £250 per quarter to £44pm (with tv, line rental, calls and 16m broadband, in fairness i don`t get the sports or movies tho, but calls, line rental and broadband comes in at £24 on its own). Their broadband is reasonably quick to:

390719426.png

How about speedtest.net? I found them to be very consistent.

I second that, theyv`e servers all over the world and you can select whichever one you wish to use rather than one which may or may not be acutate/congested etc. + you can post your results on forums etc too!

I joined sky a year ago from bt and haven`t looked back, my phone bills have dropped from £250 per quarter to £44pm (with tv, line rental, calls and 16m broadband, in fairness i don`t get the sports or movies tho, but calls, line rental and broadband comes in at £24 on its own). Their broadband is reasonably quick to:

390719426.png

i am with bt option 3 up to 8meg,

393641501.png

i am with bt option 3 up to 8meg,

393641501.png

I was on the option 3 as well mate up to 8meg and rarely got 1.5, it cost me 27.99 P/m +VAT then the line rental and calls too. The sky 16meg costs me £10 and i get 13meg constant. so for a third of the price i`m getting a speed close to ten times quicker. Must say i`m impressed. Only problem is that there call center is in india, I`ve only needed to call them once though as they got my activation date mixed up

• 3 months later...

I've been using the real simple speed checker at Broadband Speed Check and been noting my speeds down since February as I really am not happy with my ISP but am stuck in a 18month Contract, as I think the important thing is consistant testing. Testing in the evenings during the week I always noted a small drop, but this last week surfing has been noticilbly slower, many pages won't even load and check has come down from 4230Kbs to 1455Kbs, with a similar drop in the day. I called the ISP who insist it's something I've done on my PC, has anyone any ideas?

Thanks, a Confused James :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

A decent update on a broadband speed testing note is a tool just launched by Top 10 Broadband. It's a speed test that not only tests your broadband, but also plots you on a map and shows your speed in relation to others in your area. Pretty neat! Top 10 Broadband » UK Broadband Speed Test - Test Broadband Speeds in Seconds & See Your StreetStats

• 1 year later...

Fine!!!!

In this way i test my internet everyday , because it is useful to know about the uploading and downloading speed, so i check my speed through this site

My speed test results are,

upload speed:0.52 kbps

download speed:1.96 kbps

It has the best & accurate results for my internet speed test!!!!