Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE....

Not sure if this is success or not?!?!

Would really love some difinitive advice..........

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your correspondence, which I have noted on your file.

Kind Regards,

Claire

Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.

Registered office: 5 Grange Park Road, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 1HQ.

Company Registration No. 6774150. VAT Registration No. 977956045

Sent: 08 September 2010 14:54

To: Info

Subject: RE: 167598

Hi Tom,

The key point is that I have asked your company to refer this debt back to UKPC as it is still in dispute between myself and UKPC.

They have failed to offer any other remedial option than their own internal "appeals process".

If you wish to persue this case I will show that I have repeatedly asked to deal with this matter direct with UKPC beyond their internal processes.

UKPC are obligated to allow reasonable defense against their "penalty claims" which means a day in court.

I have all the correspondence with UKPC on file and I am very happy to demonstrate all the statements I have made along with the reasons for their validity.

Again I reject your claim and ask you to refer the case back to UKPC, whom I will be happy to deal with.

KInd regards

Mark

For you to end up with a CCJ, they have to commence legal proceedings, you then lose, then you do not pay the judgment debt within 28 days.

This will simply not happen, just ignore, they rely on people being concerned the way you are and paying up on that basis, PPCs rarely commence proceedings, never mind win. It is just a big [problem].

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

As GuidoT says, you are totally wasting your time on them (although I guess you'd worked that out yourself by now).

Do not respond to them further unless you receive actual real court papers (which you won't).

They cannot get a CCJ "just coz they want one", they would have to have a case in court, which you would defend no doubt.

Hi GuidoT,

Thanks for your reply, however if they go unchallengfed they will simply obtain a CCJ against me which will cost more than the initial "PCN".

Considering you have 'followed' this thread you seem to have missed the very important point about ignoring them.

You are treating them like a lawfull authority and pandering to their ego, how much they love that is reflected in their replies.

It would appear that you have fallen for this [problem] big time, especially with statement like the quote above. You need to stop playing their game and ignore them completely.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

FWIW, I have sent a note to the site team to say that I have no issue with the thread being closed.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 2 weeks later...
HELP

I have just ignored all letters from Lidl, They have now given my fine to a credit recovery agent, Im not to good on this site re finding previous posts, Can anybody help and advise and give me help to navigate me to proper threads.

Thanks in advance

Please, this is not a "fine". it's an invoice. Don't be frightened of debt collectors. They are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record over this parking ticket. Just keep ignoring this bunch of clowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

New to the forum, hoping for some advice on this issue. I too received a "fine" from Euro Car Parks for overstaying at a Sainsbury's car park in south London last year and, as per all the advice on here, have ignored all letters (which now number five). However, I have now received a call from Euro Car Parks. I was slightly on the back foot and said I hadn't received any letters (supposing that they can't prove I have). They are now sending another letter "with any evidence that we have".

Has anyone heard of ECP actually calling people before?

I'm wondering if now is the time to respond with the templated letter?

Thanks all

Any tips for if they phone again? Simply put the phone down? Stick on some holding music?!

Have some fun with them, ask them who they are after, tell them you will just go and get them then put the phone down and get on with what you were doing. Leave it for as long as you can because they are wasting their money then.

Play music, shout at them , tell them to Fxxk Oxx. There is all sorts of things you could do, Best to keep them on the line for as long as possible so they waste their money.

hello all:-)

Any tips for if they phone again? Simply put the phone down? Stick on some holding music?!

Loud whistles are quite effective or wisper so they struggle to hear then whistle, they ususally get the idea, do not however engage them in conversation.

regards

hello again! i first came on here in june about an OPC parking ticket. I am about to send them my final ceast and desist letter because after not replying to me for nearly 3 months they STILL havent given me the evidence i asked for and they've now transfered the matter to their legal department AND upped the charge to £100 from £50. With any luck they won't bother again, but im interested in OPC's previous habits?

I am about to send them my final ceast and desist letter

You are wasting YOUR time and money, ignore them and let them waste their time and money.

because after not replying to me for nearly 3 months they STILL havent given me the evidence i asked for

They cannot give you what they don't have, they certainly don't have any 'evidence' against you, all they have is the details of the registered keeper who may or may not have been the driver at the time of any alleged incident.

and they've now transfered the matter to their legal department

The names these clowns give themselves never fail to make me laugh.

AND upped the charge to £100 from £50.

They can up it to, £1,000,000 if they like makes absolutely no difference. They are just trying to scare you with escalating amounts.

With any luck they won't bother again, but im interested in OPC's previous habits?

regards

Hi all, i got a ticket outside comet about 6 weeks ago from central ticketing, ive not paid and not going to, ive just received my first letter today from them, probably 1 of many, usual stuff on it such as please pay on 14 days, bla bla bla, but at the bottom it says important notice to registered keeper, (whilst writing , we would like to draw your attention to common law doctrine of the law of agency, which comfirms that a principal (registered keeper) is liable for the act of its agent, (the driver), as a result of this, it is our intention to pursue the registered keeper/owner of the vehicle in the absence of driver specifics, now what does this mean in plain english, this is the first letter that i got from them and its from a roxburghe debt collectors, im not worried, just wondering if any other letters say the same, its probably some law there trying to scare me with to make me pay, one other thing how far are these scumbags willing to go and what other tactics are there willing to try to scare me to try and make me pay, thankyou.

Ignore the dicks

In the same common law doctrine they are quoting it also states!!

Where acts are done by one person on behalf of another but without his knowledge or authority, he may elect to ratify or to disown the acts

they have added to" Principal" with registered keeper and "agent" with driver.

I think, they think by quoting such rubbish it may scare a few more into paying.

Edited by esmerobbo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks