Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone , god i haven't posted for ages since Xmas!. I just wanted to say thanks for all your help, and as from 12 december 09 i've heard NOTHING!!!!! Not a tonk!!. So am so Glad i DIDN'T PAY! I stuck my guns after 5 letters from end of September i think until december 12 th ish . So there are definaltey success story. Stick at IGNORING THESE THIEVES, do not correspond at all , don't phone hoping they'll be nice, don't write hoping for a let off, because i didn't and it'a all blown over. x:)

Hello, today i received a 'Private Parking Charge' for exceeding the permitted period of 2 hours on a free car park.

It states that 'if full payment is not received by OPC within 28 days of the date of issue of the Private Parking Charge (or the discounted payment within 14 days), this debt will be submitted to the County Court for collection without further warning.' I would really rather not be contacted by any court or anything so should i send the first template letter requesting proof of who was driving the car now or sweat it out to see what happens?

Also, it displays very exact times of the car entering and leaving the car park and i'm worried that they do have evidence of who drove the car, is the driver then liable to pay if they display evidence of them doing so?

I will go to the car park in question tomorrow to see if there are CCTV cameras that i haven't noticed before that may be able to see cars coming on and off the car park.

Thanks so much for your time and in advance for any advice given

How do they know who was driving the car? If they contact the DVLA that will show the registered keeper, and not the driver. You are taking this too seriously. They are just a bunch of private citizens with no special powers. They are not the police or the council.

Do not contact them and ignore any correspondence from them.

as far as i know they dont, but my question was IF they can provide evidence of who the driver was THEN are they liable to pay?

the main question was about the part of the letter than i quoted about it being submitted to court without further notice.. suggesting that they won't contact me again themselves for me to be able to respond requesting evidence and that i will just hear from the court which is not what i want

and how would their pictures 'identify' anyone. Pictures don't do that. Ever filled out a passport application... keep everything you get from OPC safe in a drawer. They have been trying it on in small claims lately. Don't worry about that though as they the score lone is about 10-0 , thats nil wins for OPC

yeah i just have actually lol i didnt think about it like that :D oh have they really?? well thats abit worrying but would be good practice for me as im a law student! good to know they havent won anything yet though :) and i will do, thank you so much for the advice! it's a big comfort that so many people have beaten them but more people need to know this stuff! i will definitely spread the word thanks to this forum

Hi,

Im new to this forum and have seen alot of peoples experiences with Private parking firms operating up and down the uk.

I just need some quick advise if its possible,

I was parked in Maplin car park in Leeds, no problems with the parking but I left for about 10-15 mins to take my daughter to find a toilet. When we came back I went into Maplin store, when I came out i saw a ticket which read 'parking charge' stuck to the car window, from a company called UK PARKING ADMINISTRATION OFFICE, PUDSEY LEEDS. THe invoice reade like a proper legal parking ticket, the reason given was ''..left the car park'' and requesting £60 in 10 days and then additional £5 p day after that, also threatening with court and bailiff action. I realise their poweres are limited , but what are they capable of? Does any know PAO Pudsey?

I have not responded yet *2 days ago now*, they have no adress so dont know me from adam, i have not intention of responding, I have a company car so its not even registered in my name, .. whats the best course of action at this time

Thanks in advance for any help or advise

Jingo1

Hi, Can you help me please....

I was parked in a private car park and got a ticket from Flash Park for parking outside a recognised bay. I guess I'm in the wrong, despite the signs not being very big/noticable and there being no lines or anything on the ground to say I couldn't park there. It was an honest mistake.

Should I pay up and accept my fate - which at £85 is a very tough pill to swallow....or should I ignore it.

Anyone got any feedback on Flash Park (registered TM of Vehicle Control Solutions)

Thanks in advance :)

Bubba

Do you know of VCS...? What is your experience....

Must say - I am nervous in case they take it to court. I know most of the people on here haven't been to court but I'm sure it must happen

Bubba

Must say - I am nervous in case they take it to court. I know most of the people on here haven't been to court but I'm sure it must happen

But not to you, I can see why your user name is Big Bubba:D

You're taking their letters far too seriously- which of course, is what they would like you to do.

Treat them with the comtempt with which they treat you and just ignore them. After 2 or 3 ever more threatening letters, they will give up

I have received a Parking Ticket recently, details at home at the moment but can be supplied if required as I'm at work. Having been reading through a few pages, I just wanted to ask a quick question.

In regards to denying knowledge of the driver of the vehicle, can I ask what would happen if they are able/capable of obtaining CCTV imagery?

If it's a private parking firm eg Excel or whoever, just ignore all communication. Sit tight and ride it out.

I don't want to speak out of turn but advice on here has moved on since these template letters were produced. I think it's now regarded as 'a bad thing' to enter into any correspondence with these companies.

I have received a Parking Ticket recently, details at home at the moment but can be supplied if required as I'm at work. Having been reading through a few pages, I just wanted to ask a quick question.

In regards to denying knowledge of the driver of the vehicle, can I ask what would happen if they are able/capable of obtaining CCTV imagery?

Read all the threads, just ignore, ignore, ignore! no matter how scary it sounds, which is what I did. After 3 letters its now stopped. its now been 4months since their last letter from CSS collections.

if you're still worried, read through all the threads here and make up your own mind.

You are taking them far too seriously, don't get into correspondence with them. Ignore all the threatening rubbish they will send.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks