Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi crem

Thanks for the advice, too late though I've already sent it. I will follow it up with something more demanding in 14 days.

I REALLY do hate Excel

OK but make sure you don't fall into the "PPC mould" and send them a final letter, followed by a final final letter, followed by one last chance to send your money back. :grin:

Your next letter should be more along the lines I suggested and give them only a limited time (of 14 days) then proceed to action.

Hi Mossycat. If you want to engineer a situation where you get a ticket you could try what we (accidentally) did.....

In the car park at the junction of Westgate and Smythe Street, the now Excel controlled site has cameras to grab your registration number on your way in and on your way out so that it can compare them with the registration number you punch into the machine. If you enter the car park, whether you park or not, you will get a notice in the post if your reg isn't found on the ticket machine's memory or, if the duration of the ticket is less than the duration of your visit to the car park.

What happened to us was that my wife entered the car park with our two small children in the car, parked up next to Westgate, extracted the kids, walked over to the ticket machine and started reading the terms and conditions. One of them says something like "by entering the car park you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions". Hang on a minute! This is a trap! If you have to enter the car park to read them then you have agreed to them. Don't think so. So, not wanting to agree with the unreasonable conditions, she took the kids back to the car, got them re-installed and drove out of the car park to go to the Ridings instead.

Some time later we got that first letter from them, saying she had been there 11 minutes (as she would if she had to get the kids out, walk, read, walk, put kids back, exit. She wanted to pay but I told her they couldn't possibly take us to court on that basis. We have just received that nice letter from the CCS Solicitors which we will also be ignoring.

After the first notice arrived, I went with a video camera to prove in any court case, that there are no signs visible from outside the car park detailing the terms and conditons. I doubt if we'll need it though....

If they were to ask us for the cost of 11 minutes parking, it is JUST possible we might pay it. They'll have to ask nicely.

Incidentally, I think there is an article about these monkeys on Inside Out on BBC One next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent Excel a "Final Demand"

Excel Parking Services Limited

PO Box 686

Sheffield

S11 8XR

8th October 2008

Your ref XL01527330

NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION

You have not replied to my previous correspondence dated 19th September 2008. And you have not returned my £60.00.

I am hereby informing you I have obtained a claim form from Wakefield County Court.

I am now claiming for:

£60.00 plus £20.00 costs

You must pay me £80.00 by 22nd October 2008.

Failure to make payment by the due date will result in a County Court Claim being issued against you.

You will then be liable for £30.00 court fees plus Interest will be claimed at 8% pursuant of section 69, County Court Act 1984.

Yours sincerely,

I hate Excel -

What you are saying is that you are going to go to court to claim your money back because you parked in a space marked for disabled person without displaying a disabled badge (what do the signs on the car park say). I wouldn't waste your money. I am sure the judge will look favourably upon you. - dear Mr Judge, I know I am not disabled but I parked in a disabled space and I want my money back.

You state that there are not enough Parent & Child space. Why is this Excels fault? Surely they only manage the car park on behalf the owners. It must be something to take up with Mothercare and the site owners not Excel?

Why would you say that? The problem with this forum is that if someone has an opinion that diverse from what certain people think, they get lambastered for expressing that opinion. As I said, as someone with a disabled parent, you parked in a disabled bay with absolutely no due consideration for people like my parents and think you are not in the wrong.

So I ask again. Why is your argument with Excel? The way I read it is that Excel are employed by a company to carry out parking enforcement on a retail park. You park in a disabled bay without displayinig a badge. Excel do the job for which they are paid to do. I just don't understand your argument.

I have posted on here and helped people out with various issues they have had. They are genuine cases for people who have a real issue. That does not seem to be the case in your situation and, unfortunately, it is posts such as yours that spoil things. The forums are here to help and give a voice to people to those who have genuinely been put to.

disabled marking in private car parks are legally just meaningless graffiti as Excel well knows. To try to impose this kind of unenforceable penalty on someone for parking there has no chance and Excel fully deserve to be brought to book over this. You can argue that it is morally wrong to park there but it is not possible to 'convicted' for parking in one without a blue badge. End off. Of course some would argue that Simon Renshaw-Smith pulling down over 400,000 a year running a company that does this is a moral crime. Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver | Mail Online

Bircho,

I could understand you having a "pop" at me if my vehicle had taken the last disabled space in the car park in question, and your poor parents had nowhere to park. But the reason I have issues with Excel, Mothercare and the owners of this particular car park is that as I stated earlier PARENTS with VULNERABLE CHILDREN need to park outside Mothercare and they are being discriminated against in this car park purely for profit.

I hate Excel - surely your issue is with Mothercare and the park owners, though, as I stated. I am sure it is not the Excel parking attendant who painted the disabled symbol on the car park. I am sure the layout of the car park - as it is a retail park - has absolutely nothing to do with Excel. They will be paid to enforce and they is what they have done. What gives you the right to park in a disabled space because there were no parent & child spaces available (I have two children myself so I know how frustrating it can be when none are available but I would never dream of parking in a disabled space).

blue badge holders can park anywhere can't they ? Tell me Bircho, why should we be discriminated against, just because we don't have a blue badge ?

I do have a massive car though and I can't open the doors wide enough to get my kids out when parked in a narrow parking space.

I made no comment about that at all. I will paraphrase in a shorter sentence that should be clearer and unambiguous to everyone. PPC tickets for parking in disabled spaces in private car parks are unenforceable baseless crap and PPC should be brought to book for doing it. Plain enough ? For the avoidance of doubt it is the PPC who is acting unlawfully (and often times as we have seen also illegally), NOT the driver.

I made no comment about that at all. I will paraphrase in a shorter sentence that should be clearer and unambiguous to everyone. PPC tickets for parking in disabled spaces in private car parks are unenforceable baseless crap and PPC should be brought to book for doing it. Plain enough ? For the avoidance of doubt it is the PPC who is acting unlawfully (and often times as we have seen also illegally), NOT the driver.

Lamma I do not wish to go into the legal arguments with you - there are others who are far more knowledgeable than me on the matter. However, what do you suggest the alternatives are? By not offering the spaces, the retail parks/private land owners could easily be accused of discremination. If, as you claim, the PPC ticket is not legal, how would you propose they stop people parking in the space?

did I say I was the driver on that day ? have you any proof I was the driver ? .......oh sorry, still waiting for Excel to give me that.

But admitted in your earlier post that you were driving......