Scotland Xmas get together, Sat 8th Dec Glasgow

rory32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sleep with my dugs every night (in the snoring sense)! All three of them:D. Usually one on the bottom of the bed and one either side but when OH is away I have all three on the bed, and our old cat under the covers next to me. This weather it has been a three dog night.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Goldlady

Up here in Scotland we have something called central heating. Works a treat!

:p

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

I sleep with my dugs every night .

Know what you mean, I wake up with no feeling in my legs, one's a Pyranean.:D. and boy she's BIG.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

AND..... The English have STILL not found the real Stone of Scone!

They think that the lump of rock that rests beneath the throne is it.....but it's not.

Hmmm,

Unner the throne it rests nae mair.

T'wiz tain oot frae ablo thone daft, fancy chair

An' totit the hale wie back up tae Auld Reekie

Whaur towrits maun paie fur a wee bit peekie.

Noo whether it's real or an auld bit fake,

Is debatable bit fur aony's sake,

Can we no jist git oan wae oor neeburs doon bye

Fur who ur the English, oanywie?

Thur wiz Normans, an' Saxon's, Roman's an' Gauls

Tain the locals doon ther an' squeezit their ****s

Thiv bin conquirt bi this yin an' that yin an' then

The Norsemen cam back tae hit them again.

Kin yiz no feel some pity fur folk bashed ower much?

Ur we nae long'r Scots wae the forgie'in touch?

Let's invite them tae Ceilidhs and gie them a dram

Fur thir Picts an' thirs Celts livin' yet in thir land.

Okay, okay, needs work and the last rhymes a bit iffy so dae it yirsels.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Quote: If you can't beat them, confuse them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep we have central heating too but dogs are much better!! Mine are not small either - one German Shep/Welsh Collie Cross and two Dalmatian/Foxhound Crosses.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Polish dialect, I presume??...:confused:

...lol...:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Ocht, I'm only jesting.

Tired tonight H-c. I'm clearing up after the tradesmen who are fitting my dble glazing: stoor everywhere and the job's not done yet.

There are holes right through from the bedrooms to the outsdide allowing the cold air to rush in.

Does anyone on this thread know if the foam used to seal around the windows is the same as the stuff for cavity wall insulation? My asthma has been really bad and there's loads of that foam bulging into the room. I still haven't slept because my breathing was so bad through the night.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Polish dialect, I presume??...:confused:

A Scotsman walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.

The Scotsman man shouts ' Awa ye feel hoor thatâs full Oâ coos Sharn'

(Don't drink the water, it's full of cow s ** t.)

The man shouts back 'I'm English, Speak English, I don't understand you'.

The Scotsman man shouts back 'Use both hands, you'll get more in.'

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hmmm,

Unner the throne it rests nae mair.

T'wiz tain oot frae ablo thone daft, fancy chair

An' totit the hale wie back up tae Auld Reekie

Whaur towrits maun paie fur a wee bit peekie.

Noo whether it's real or an auld bit fake,

Is debatable bit fur aony's sake,

Can we no jist git oan wae oor neeburs doon bye

Fur who ur the English, oanywie?

Thur wiz Normans, an' Saxon's, Roman's an' Gauls

Tain the locals doon ther an' squeezit their ****s

Thiv bin conquirt bi this yin an' that yin an' then

The Norsemen cam back tae hit them again.

Kin yiz no feel some pity fur folk bashed ower much?

Ur we nae long'r Scots wae the forgie'in touch?

Let's invite them tae Ceilidhs and gie them a dram

Fur thir Picts an' thirs Celts livin' yet in thir land.

Okay, okay, needs work and the last rhymes a bit iffy so dae it yirsels.

Very well put.

The Scots don't have a problem with the English. Unfortunately, the converse is not always true.

Let us all remember that we are ALL part of the UNITED KINGDOM.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hmmm, Goldlady, wonder if it's really your dogs and not MTM. He claims to come from Beds............................but whose??????

;) ;) :D

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

it's full of cow s ** t.)

'

Maybe thats what they've stuffed round Vital Sparks windies.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Although I may have a Scottish grandmother, being an international beach volleyball playing Brazillian, I find U greatly amusing Mister rory32 Sir!...;)

...lol...:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Hmmm, Goldlady, wonder if it's really your dogs and not MTM. He claims to come from Beds............................but whose??????

;) ;) :D

Well I have never woken up to find a box of choccies on the bedside table.

Suppose it could be that the dogs have eaten them:shock:

BANK CHARGES

Others

Well, that may be true, Rooster UK, but I'm Scottish first and foremost. However, a body doesn't have to be the same as me for me to like them. I rather appreciate the diferences.

LOL! Heck, if everyone was the same as me, I think I'd have to emigrate planet fashion coz I find me difficult enough to live with and I got little choice.

BUT, I know Scots who do hate the English or think they do (doubt they know them all). I've also experienced English folk with little time for the Scots. Most Scots are reasonable and I have to reitterate that I received a tremendous amount of warm hospitality when I lived in England, even in London: welcomed into families who asked me to treat them as my own.

I don't like, black folk, I don't like French folk, I don't like yellow folk, I don't like gay folk. I don't like Germans, I don't like Greeks, I don't like thin folk, I don't like fat folk.

I LIKE NICE FOLK and don't care where they're from or what their colour or size: it's the hearts and characters that concern me. Never liked anyone because of their religion, their nationality or their shape/size: only because they were appealing as folk.

Read that carefully.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

You can't say fairer than that.:)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Love your "sharn yarn", Rory. It was always the "sharn" was mucked oot o' the byre in Orkney where I was brought up. In later years I had a friend called Sharon but my dad insisted in calling her Shairon. She kept correcting him and I did advise him that it was really annoying her.

His reply, "Maggie, dear, I could never bring my self to look a woman in the face and call her cow sh**".

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

A Scotsman walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.

The Scotsman man shouts ' Awa ye feel hoor thatâs full Oâ coos Sharn'

(Don't drink the water, it's full of cow s ** t.)

The man shouts back 'I'm English, Speak English, I don't understand you'.

The Scotsman man shouts back 'Use both hands, you'll get more in.'

LOL Rory

Remind me never to ask you to make me a cup of tea!

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Night night folks. I really got to get some sleep tonight.

Sweet dreams.

xx

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Prejudice is a funny thing. I am lucky that I was born into a generation that didn't really care about what colour, religion or whatever people were. And I truly hope I am bringing my kids up in the same way. My late Dad, who was Scottish through and through, had reasons to distrust most people - to my disgust as a teenager, but then he did fight in WW2 as well.

But you can understand why modern prejudices come about - people abusing the benefit system I think is the main issue. One of my best friends is Indian and she saved me from being expelled from school as we were caught smoking together and the school were too afraid of the repercussions if they expelled her:D. So they couldn't expel me either!

BANK CHARGES

Others