Scotland Xmas get together, Sat 8th Dec Glasgow

rory32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Vital

Jen and I are planning a night out together at the end of January as she could not make the last meet either. Maybe you will be able to make that one?

Then we're planning a summer picnic in Edinburgh this summer - will post details of that plenty in advance.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MTM is Milk Tray Man. A poster on this thread who either has no knowledge of Scottish history, or is just trying to wind us up.

As an English lass in Scotland, I kind of like both countries - though I am up here because I like the model of parliament and the system of justice we have up here.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Hi Vital

Jen and I are planning a night out together at the end of January as she could not make the last meet either. Maybe you will be able to make that one?

Then we're planning a summer picnic in Edinburgh this summer - will post details of that plenty in advance.

Hmmm, end of Jan's tricky. My 60th on the 31st so I might well be roped into big celebration.

Vogrie Park's still a great venue. Check it out.

We had a family do there end of July for my youngest daughter's move to Ardrishaig to take up an apprenticeship with the forestry: now the daft bug***s have given her a chain saw, taught her to shoot, herd cattle and sheep: she's well ready for a night out in any city. :-)

And just look at Parliament: not too proud of what they're doign though. Our own parliament (less than perfect, though it is)does better. Free bus travel anywhere in Scotland for the disabled (companion too), free care for the elderly and no student fees.

All paid for by English taxes tho'

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Aha, Milk Tray Man: we could lick him to death but he might enjoy it so maybe we should melt him.

Lived in England for some years when young lass. Never met with more warm hospitality in my life: as much but never more. Even in london: you know the city which has a reputation for being lonely and detached, well, it's not. Hampshire was great too and Yorkshire.

OMG - I'm not going to get into this one. It'll just turn into a rant.

Let's just say that I'd like to see all of the financial arguments from both sides of the debate before I make an informed decision.

:)

And if anybody could show me where they are, I'd really like to see them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charleyfarley viewpost.gif

Smutorcs!
:confused: :confused:

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Smutorcs!

I have no idea what that means - and suspect I don't want it spelled out here.

:p

Likewise though, Vital. I love living in Glasgow. All they say about Scots hating English and vice versa is just so not true.

. My 60th on the 31st so I might well be roped into big celebration.

I will be 47 on the same day :D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

LOL!

Teasing, I'd wager.

Well, I have much to do tomorrow and for the next few days. And I HAVE to be in Glasgow on the 22nd for my niece's actual birthday. Wrote a poem for her 21st birthday album and I want to see her face when she reads it. Also have to apologise for letting a secret out in writing it. Didn't realise until my sis called to sy: "I didn't know that bit".

SHEEEEEYIT! Was too into the flow of it to have thought of it but she's 21 now so not much mum can do but laugh.

SOOOOOO! I'd best get off to bed and get some sleep.

Nice talking with you.

My Dad was born in Leith and my Mum is from Liverpool so I am a bit of both.

BANK CHARGES

Others

See you soon, Vital - and Jen and I will keep y'all posted about upcoming events.

:)

My Dad was born in Leith and my Mum is from Liverpool so I am a bit of both.

So can we count on seeing you for a summer picnic?

31st of Jan must be a good day for it then, Goldlady. :-)

My mum wanted to call me Gandhi because, as I was being born, it was announced, over the WIRELESS, that he'd been assassinated. Thank God for Dad's interference. Wee no longer skinny and a fair skinned redhead.....Gandhi......I don't think so.

Put some lateral thinking into smutorcs, H-c :-)

I will do my best HC. We love coming north - all my tutorials were in Edinburgh last year and we camped at various places. I am sure I can persuade OH to have a weekend away near Glasgow. So count that as a yes:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

LOL - pm me, for heavens sake Vital.

;)

I don't know what smutorcs means either:confused:

BANK CHARGES

Others

And - good Goldlady.

:D

31st of Jan must be a good day for it then, Goldlady. :-)

My mum wanted to call me Gandhi because, as I was being born, it was announced, over the WIRELESS, that he'd been assassinated. Thank God for Dad's interference. Wee no longer skinny and a fair skinned redhead.....Gandhi......I don't think so.

Put some lateral thinking into smutorcs, H-c :-)

thank-you very much:o :rolleyes:

RIGHT! YOU LOT, I want to get to bed but your tempt me on.

Thank you very much for what, Charleyfarley. You got it??????? LOL!

I'll pm you c-H. Oops! Smutorcs!

:-):D

'course I got it:o :o :p :p

haha ynnep deppord

night SV

BANK CHARGES

Others