The Reasons to be cheerful about not smoking thread

Mr lex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am happy to say I am now a non smoker !!!!

There are lots of reasons not to smoke, perhaps if we all add a reason here it may give someone else the push to get on the bus and quit.

Insurance, Life and Income protection.

Smokers pay 25-35% more for their premiums

Lex

(it's not my fault, blame Caro:p )

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You can watch smokers huddling 10 under one umbrella, all puffing desperately, trying to protect their little stick of tar from the wind, rain, cold, and feel all warm and cosy of never ever having to be that desperate. :-D

Never waking up with a mouth that tastes and smells like a Gorilla's armpit again !!!! :eek:

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No more yellow teeth. Yuk.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Or wash nets or curtains so often.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Not spending the first 20 mns every morning in this routine:

Alarm goes off. Bash clock on the head. Eyes closed, feel on nightstand for fags and lighter. Light up, take deep drag. Cough deeply for 5 mns. Spit. Finish fag. Cough some more. Out of breath, get out of bed. Cough. Spit. Repeat.

Not had a single chest infection, bronchitis or asthma for 9 years, when I used to get about 1 a month during the winter, and every cold going straight to my chest. In fact I think I've only had 1 cold in that time.

What's Best for You?

Alarm goes off. Bash clock on the head. Eyes closed, feel on nightstand for fags and lighter. Light up, take deep drag. Cough deeply for 5 mins. Spit. Finish fag. Cough some more. Out of breath, get out of bed. Cough. Spit. Repeat.

And how did you know???

OK, who else has felt like this then ???

apart from me, over the past few years !!!!!

Lex

&

Just how much nicer is that pasty Crusher's promised to buy me going to taste :p yummy:D

&

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Being able to breathe properly and not having that niggly pain in your ribs - i'm looking forward to it.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Money :) Me and b/f £8 per day better off! Australia here we come :)

nickyc

26.06.07 Prelim letter sent

02.07.07 Acknowledgement received

12.07.07 LBA sent

28.07.07 Received Barclays standard OFT letter

29.07.07 Lost it :?

14.08.07 Recovered and back on track :)

Yep, Nicky.

8 weeks down the line and I reckon I have saved over £560, if I am honest with myself :D

Why did I not do it sooner :mad:

Lex

&

Cheaper fuel bills as you put on so much weight and that keeps you warm .:-D

or is that not the type of reasons you want :rolleyes:

Serious reason now .. I am booking some extra tuition for my kids and you can see the difference in them already .. so do I continue with it or do I buy cigs .. hmmmm no contest is there

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Excellent point Janet, how long have you been free from the ciggys now, and how did you do it, share please :D

How are you, Janet, long time no speak !!! ;)

Lex

&

Excellent point Janet, how long have you been free from the ciggys now, and how did you do it, share please :D

How are you, Janet, long time no speak !!! ;)

Lex

I see I don;t need to answer that as you've found my thread :D

since iv been reading this forum my cravings have come back :(

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Tell me about it Janet. Over 8 years for me and I sooooooooo wanted a ciggie last night.:mad: I resisted though.

What's Best for You?

Would you please not go off topic Bookie. You should know better.:mad:

What's Best for You?

I take it a good night was had by all then :p

&