London Xmas meet - 24/11/07 - Printworks, Clerkenwell - 18.30

determindator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

xxx  

1. 1. xxx

• x
    • x
    • x

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I tried to be a smarta**e and go straight from an xmas shopping trip in town onto the meet.

I figured that although I couldn't remember exactly where The Printworks was in Clerkenwell, it couldn't be too difficult to find, must be pretty near the station, and at least some of the local might know where it was?

How wrong I was !

Got off at Farringdon at about 7.30 and wandered around for about an hour, also asked in several other bars, and even asked a couple of passing black cabbies.

No luck, so gave up and came home.

Got home, and looked at this thread again, and found the directions posted earlier, and appears I actually went everywhere apart from where it actually was !!

Ah well, I hope all had a fun time, and probably for the best as I've to be up very early on Sunday, and after a couple of drinks I find it hard to be sensible and retire early !!!

Hopefully there'll be another meet sometime soon in London?

Don't think I'll make the trek to St Albans in the alternative....... wherever in the back of beyond that is !!

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

My apologises for not being able to make it last night also!...:oops:

...I had an offer to play in a non-ranking tournament on Bondi Beach at the last minute...:cool:

Oh well, there is always hope of making the 'Watford Gap' Meet next year?!

...Will just need a tad more notice, that's all...:rolleyes:;)

...lol...:D

so......how did it go????
Unfortunately PD, I was eliminated in an early Preliminary Round...:Cry:

...are we all a bit fragile today?
Thank U for showing your concern PD.

...I didn't sustain any injuries, other than the usual to be expected Jet Lag!...:)

Despite my poor performance, I'm hopeful of still making the selection for the next ranking tournament at Chesil Beach.

If I am unsuccessful in this, I will be looking to wangle an entry into a small Pro-Am tournament in Acapulco, which is happening on the same dates.

Wish me luck PD!!!...:)

I think my downfall came, when a tournament Official insisted that I remove my surgical stockings.

My game just seemed to fall apart after that!...:(

or was it after you 15th beer (LOL)

You were certainly there in spirit... MTM

DS

My apologises for not being able to make it last night also!...:oops:

...I had an offer to play in a non-ranking tournament on Bondi Beach at the last minute...:cool:

Oh well, there is always hope of making the 'Watford Gap' Meet next year?!

...Will just need a tad more notice, that's all...:rolleyes:;)

Last night you told me you had been sected for a Brazilian Polo team (LOL)

Are U SURE it was me DS???...:confused:

Methinks perhaps U may be confusing me with a packet of Extra Strong Mints?!...:shock:

DS

I can't even count to 15 DS

...Least not without taking my shoes + socks off!...;)

I do NOT drink beer or spirits either

...I only drink Pinacolada's with Babycham or Cherry B chasers

+ that is NEVER during a tournament!...:mad::p

SOOOOOOOO did MTM turn up by jumping out of a plane ,holding a box of chocs ? and who was the lucky lady who got them ?

if not why not MTM ?

I believe I missed a great night

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Maybe the celebration bash when we finally get Justice? That day is coming, they can try and put it off as much as they want.

I'm never going to London again, so could we do that in St Albans please.

Unfortunately PD, I was eliminated in an early Preliminary Round...
:Cry:

Well if you'd got there earlier and Gizmo hadn't had to phone you at the bar maybe you'd have got an extra Newky Brown.

Thank U for showing your concern PD.

...I didn't sustain any injuries, other than the usual to be expected Jet Lag!...:)

You came mighty close to a slap though lol.

I think my downfall came, when a tournament Official insisted that I remove my surgical stockings.

Don't think I should comment on your footwear.

My game just seemed to fall apart after that!...:(

I couldn't possibly comment on that either.

DS

In Newcastle Brown anyway.

So that's what the minty comment was about.

May I just add a thank you to the lovely people who attended, and also for your generosity in supplying copious amounts of wine.

The hotel rang myself and Gizmo at 11.30 this morning which woke us, and told us we should have checked out at 11.00.

We had a very enjoyable kebab, 2 more bottles of wine and a ride in a rickshaw driven by a lovely young man who is studying for his A'levels.

For the information of those interested, MTM was dressed in black so we knew it was him, and was able to talk trains with Mr Booky, as well as talking about a lot of other things.;):lol:

Glad you got home ok Sillygirl1. We were worried about you and didn't have your number. Hope you felt it was worth missing your train.

Oh and Lula. You might just have caught the 5.30 train if you'd hurried.

Thanks dterminator for suggesting the meet, and to dsilversteins. It was a lot of fun.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro & All

It was great meeting you all and putting faces to names.

Hubby and I enjoyed the evening and we did also got home safe and sound, I have not yet heard from Determinator, but hope that she got back OK as well.

See you all in St Albans.....:rolleyes:

DSxx

Oh I hope dterminator did get home all right. St Albans should be a blast!:D

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The hotel rang myself and Gizmo at 11.30 this morning which woke us, and told us we should have checked out at 11.00.

We had a very enjoyable kebab, 2 more bottles of wine and a ride in a rickshaw driven by a lovely young man who is studying for his A'levels.

2 bottles of wine at 11:30 am?!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Can you let me have a map to find it PD please, although I suppose I'd go by train anyway. I'll have to ask Mr Booky for info on timetables and engineering works.;)