Lots of Questions, Need lots of advice-PLEASE !

gb155
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

appeal GB, this is how they work. You apply, they tell you no, you appeal (this time with welfare rights) and sometimes they cave but sometimes they make you take it to a tribunal. It's horrible and it's stressful but don't give in, if you can't cook for yourself and you can't get upstairs you need the help!

I sure do agree with that, Thanks for your support.

On a Mission to .......Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/

Now the hard work starts.

Sorry to heap this one up again but I just have so much running though my head after the rejection from DLA, I have a meeting with work on the 30th where im told (off the record) they want to put forward medical retirement, If that was to happen and I was unablr to work (To be fair I feel so shattered that for a while its not a bad idea anyway) what sort of help would we get? as I said we have 2 kids, wife looks after me and we live ina rented house, Just need to know what I am looking at in a worst case route.

If you take a look at this page it will give you information on incapacity benefit which I think is what you'd be entitled to:

Incapacity Benefit : Directgov - Disabled people i think on IB you can apply for things like housing benefit and stuff but i'm not sure. you can still appeal for DLA and this is important as it isn't taken into consideration when you're applying for the taxable benefits but it entitles to you free bus travel, discounted rail travel and other stuff like that.

sorry i can't be of much more help.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

If you take a look at this page it will give you information on incapacity benefit which I think is what you'd be entitled to:

Incapacity Benefit : Directgov - Disabled people i think on IB you can apply for things like housing benefit and stuff but i'm not sure. you can still appeal for DLA and this is important as it isn't taken into consideration when you're applying for the taxable benefits but it entitles to you free bus travel, discounted rail travel and other stuff like that.

sorry i can't be of much more help.

Thanks for that Its a bit scary tho if I am Med Retired that Myself my wife and our 2 kids will somehow have to manage on just £80 a week, I have everything crossed I can fight it all the way though.

Sorry my last post incinuated I wanted to scroung and thats the last thing on mind my.

Just to update the peeps that asked to be updated, I finally get my letter from DWP today, and Spoke to Welfair Rights (They told me to call them once it was in writing) They said "not a suprize, They are a joke" off the record of course, So I feel a little better now, Next hurdle, Work Wednesday next week, dredding it,

Thanks all.

It doesn't make you sound like a scrounge at all, you're ill and disabled and there's a good chance that you're about to lose your job, coming across wrong on here is the least of your worries.

My advice is keep fighting this DLA application as more often than not they make you appeal just to save them money, don't take that from them you need help and you're entitled to get it. If you get DLA care component your other half will be able to claim carers allowance for you though there are rules attached to this so read up on it as much as you can.

As you're now in touch with WR you should tell them what scenario you're in just now and have them assess you for what benefits you can get if your work medically retire you, they're the ones in the know so to speak and they'll also get the forms and fill them in with you.

Good luck, keep your chin up!

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

It doesn't make you sound like a scrounge at all, you're ill and disabled and there's a good chance that you're about to lose your job, coming across wrong on here is the least of your worries.

My advice is keep fighting this DLA application as more often than not they make you appeal just to save them money, don't take that from them you need help and you're entitled to get it. If you get DLA care component your other half will be able to claim carers allowance for you though there are rules attached to this so read up on it as much as you can.

As you're now in touch with WR you should tell them what scenario you're in just now and have them assess you for what benefits you can get if your work medically retire you, they're the ones in the know so to speak and they'll also get the forms and fill them in with you.

Good luck, keep your chin up!

Thanks and your right but hey thats me :)

WR did sort of indicate the same point, Its cheaper for them not to pay as a lot wont appeal so the cost of the ones that do is offset by the ones who dont, Crazy eh.

WR also mentioned that they will advise me of the whole picture once I have had my meeting at work so we all know where we stand fully

and on a personal note I just want to say a MILLION thanks to you, You have been such a support to me, a ****ing light in the dark times, I can never thank you enough.