!!!HELP!!! HSBC Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all,

As I'm new to this I was hoping someone could help me???

My partner and I opened a joint account with HSBC around Dec/Jan time and initially were told we couldn't put an overdraft onto the account until they'd seen regular debits and credits on the account.

We accepted this quite happily and thought nothing of it, until one day I was sat working out our income and outgoings for the following weeks and realised that there would be an instance where we were likely to be overdrawn. Rent coming out before wages go in, that sort of thing.

Now by this point we'd had the account fully active for a good couple of months and we're advised in the branch that we should have no problem being accepted for the overdraft we wanted. May I add, we only wanted to ensure there was a couple of hundred, not thousands, available.

I applied a few days later through the online service, only to have it show £25 admin charges on our account a short while later. When i then looked into this I found it was as the overdraft had been denied and they were charging us £25 for the priveledge, even though, they hadn't actually informed us the application had been refused! This amount was then taken directly out of the account.

In the meantime, as predicted, we went slighly overdrawn (when i say slightly, I'm talking about £7) which has since resulted in us being charged a further £25.

I'm feeling a little conned by this, in a nutshell, we told them we would be going overdrawn, applied for the overdraft, they refused it, we went overdrawn despite trying our utmost not to and they've charged us twice anyway!!

All I'm hoping to find out, is if they can do this? And if not, how do i go about getting our money back???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome to CAG :)

Spend sometime familiarising yourself with the site. Make sure you read the site rules and the FAQ's.

A couple of useful links are the How do I guide to the forum and the A to Z Index

Then when your ready start a new thread in the appropriate forum. The HSBC forum is located here

Copy and paste this post into a new thread there and you will get help from people who have had dealings with HSBC :)

saint

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi and welcome to CAG :)

Spend sometime familiarising yourself with the site. Make sure you read the site rules and the FAQ's.

A couple of useful links are the How do I guide to the forum and the A to Z Index

Then when your ready start a new thread in the appropriate forum. The HSBC forum is located here

Copy and paste this post into a new thread there and you will get help from people who have had dealings with HSBC :)

saint

Ithought they only charge if its over £10 i would consider getting rid of HSBC

I thought they only charge if its over £10 i would consider getting rid of HSBC

Thats a nice thought Andena,

They have just charged my son a total of £225 for am original 'mistake' of £3.50p. Get rid of HSBC ? bring them all to heel I say :)

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Andena, and J&K, thanks, I'm already there !! :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/143028-long-lex-hsbc.html

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.