Wageday Advance and Myjar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My brother has had 8 loans setup in his name,

4x Wageday Advance and

4x Myjar,

my brother suffered a brain hemorrhage about 6 years ago and since then he has found it difficult to read and comprehend things,

his daughter is the one who setup the loans,

we have proof of this by her making a transfer into his account when the payments are due,

unfortunately she has also been found out for other fraud to other family members and the payments for the loans have now stopped, leaving my brother a tidy sum against his name.

I have spoken to Wageday Advance and they requested a signed letter from my brother giving me permission to act on his behalf, which has been done and emailed back to them.

I tried to talk to Myjar who also said they cannot talk to a 3rd party but would need a letter and a copy of this passport or driving license so they can match the signature,

1) the thing is, we have not been able to find out if the loans are in his name or simply his account details used.

2) my brother does not have a passport or driving license so they cannot have been used for the application of the loans so how are they going to match the signature ...

Between us (the family) we have reported 11 instances of fraud to Action Fraud, but it would appear only 10% of the reports are investigated.

We have reported it to the police,

a PC came out, asked a few questions and went away saying he would need to talk to his sergeant, and we have heard nothing since.

We also have other proof of bank accounts being emptied, ebay [problem]s and paypal [problem]s, the list goes on.

Can anyone offer any advise on the above and how we can get a conviction?

I would be seriously now chasing the police and getting a crime number

tell them you are not prepared for this to be treated as 'a family civil matter'

and wish now for them to assist you in starting a fraud prosecution against the family member.

don't get fobbed off by them saying its a civil matter

it IS FRAUD and if you are serious about going through with prosecuting a family member

[remember this can get very sticky in the future!!]

then push it hard.

it might pay you to simply stop payments and go down the irresponsible lending route with the lenders first..

has his credit file been trashed?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We pulled off a credit report from noodle today and his score is 465.

But now we have found 3x credit cards in his name which he knows nothing about and the worst news is we have also found that almost 7k is owed to Vodafone.

We did get a call from the police and arranged to visit today between 12:30 and 17:00, but then had a further phone call at 15:00 saying it will be tomorrow now, hopefully they are now taking it more serious and we can get some results.

oh dear..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Where fraud is concerned things can move very slowly I am afraid, but yes you do need the crime number

You say you have the proof it is his daughter , has she confessed.

If the money was paid into his account how did she get the money or did she alter bank details after the fact.

It does seem odd that she took out the loans and made repayments although I know things can be complicated

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

You say you have the proof it is his daughter , has she confessed.

She has confessed to her mum saying she did it because she was being blackmailed by a psycho, but this does not hold any water since why would a psycho allow her to buy a bed and wardrobe for her daughter with the money she got from selling none existent phones on ebay.

If the money was paid into his account how did she get the money or did she alter bank details after the fact.

As mentioned before by brother has suffered a brain hemorrhage and she simply said "Dad, I have had some money paid into your account can you draw it out for me", he saw his balance was up and gave her the money, he had no idea where it was from, just it was there.

It really is something for the police

Let them sort it out. Any reluctance on your part may well be seen by the creditors as tacit acknowledgement the loans are legit.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The police have visited us, listened to the situation and taken down some notes and also a copy of my brothers credit file,

they said they would be in contact that evening or the next day, we are still waiting,

I tried to chase them up @ 18:00 last night, still waiting for a call back ...

Wageday Advance, said they are writing off the debt,

clearing the entries from my brothers credit file

and that is the end of their investigation,

we sent them a SAR for personal file details,

a copy of the signed CA

and method used for delivery for the CA,

but they have denied the request saying

"Unfortunately, Data Subject Access Requests do not apply in cases of fraud, as there is ambiguity with regards to the ownership of the account.

If the details on the account do not belong to the named individual, then we could be in breach of the data protection act.

We are more than happy to provide the information to a Police officer, upon receipt of the necessary paperwork, however they would need to make this request themselves."

Still no reply for MYJAR.

After speaking with two DCA's today in regards to some other issues, we have now uncovered 2 more credit cards and another mobile phone contract in my brothers name which strangely enough do not appear on his credit reports.

Put a another call into the police today @ 16:00 and still no contact from them.

If anyone is on the lookout for a detailed credit report, the information shown on hxxps://wwwDOTcheckmyfileDOTcom is excellent and has been very useful with our ongoing issues.

Had a long talk on the phone with the Sargent of the PC who visited us and it looks like all the things will be dealt with by CID due to the complex nature of the issues.

Full extent (hopefully) is as follows:-

10 loans

4 creditcards

5 mobile phone contracts

bank account abuse

Paypal card payments

Just Eat card payments