Scanned copy of the Experian letter - pp1 & 2

SurlyBonds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"There you go Fawlty...they were hiding there all the time"..:rolleyes:

Reposted now that everyone's all loved up and friends again...

love0059.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To save having to email them to every request...

(You don't need to send these to the I.C.O. as they now have them as part of their 'test' case [ho hum] ... just include them to any bank, lender, DCA, or other half-witted bunch of Muppets who quote "The CRAs say six years, so there" with a letter that says:

"No actually, they've thrown the towel in on that one.... so there!":p

Experian1websize.jpg

Experian2websize.jpg

Enjoy!

The email from me that preceeded this response (following one of their typical SodOff Letters) was:

To Mr ***********,

I have done just what you suggested...already spoken to the Information Commissioners Office, and in their considered opinion there is more than enough to warrant an official complaint against Experian. They have seen a copy of your letter, and were (in their words) "rather surprised" by some of the claims that you make in your response.

By the way, don't try scaring me off with the usual "Go away little man, because our lawyers cost more than yours" attitude, as it doesn't cut any ice with me - I have more than enough legal backing that won't cost me a penny. This is the typical bullying mentality that one sees in the playground from children who are, in reality, nothing more than weakling cowards, and try the My-Dad's-Bigger-Than-Yours mentality when they realise that they are out of their depth.

I am, frankly, disgusted by the obvious pontificating attitude within your letter, and that you have not actually answered a single point that I've questioned - this was also noted by the Information Commissioners Office.

What you need to realise is that you are not dealing with some uneducated Muppet from the realms of the great unwashed - I'm educated to Doctrine level, and have a verified IQ in the 160s, so it is not difficult to see that your responses amount to nothing more than unintelligent and illogical argument - indeed, you have even contradicted your own argument in several places.

Anyway, a more detailed letter than this response will be sent in due course, including a final demand for you to remove all outdated and expired credit data (a course of action recommended by the Information Commissioners Office). They have sent me the official complaint forms, and these will be submitted anyway, regardless of how you respond to my data subject requests. These will be in the form of official criminal complaints under the Data Protection Act and not as an aide memoir seeking the Information Commissioners Office's advice - I don’t need the Information Commissioner's interpretation on the Act, I need a judge's decision on the Act.

Additionally, if you fail to process the data subject notice, then I will proceed in the Poole County Court for jurisdiction on your incompetence as a Data Controller, and your wilful suppression of my rights under the Act. I have more faith in an independent judge's reading of the Act than a so-called "recommendation" paper dreamt up at one of your industry's cosy little beanos. By the way, you will be expected to provide this co-called document (the one you have refused to suppy to date) listed as a required document of defence within the Allocation Questionnaire when I take you to Court.

Yours, in disgust,

lil' ol' me

me-----> ckick.gif

• Haha 1

I'm often a sarcastic SOB and speak my mind (and I don't do PC at all), but I have a laugh as I go. I won't be intimidated, and I don't take prisoners... so live with it, or go get yourself a humour implant :p

Copy of Law book from Amazon…£19.95, Refund Request stamp...32p, LBA stamp...also 32p, Court fees...£750.00,

The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: These are my opinions and own view of legislation and process. I accept no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any or all of the advice given - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured legal professional.

Saying that, I've used these methods against many of these corporate crooks:evil: and won hands down!:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one surly and good to see your posts again

it seems so long ago

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

nice one surly and good to see your posts again

it seems so long ago

Just nice to be able to scrub that stupid Darth makeup off ;)

Mind you, there hasn't exactly been a dearth of posts since, has there?

Anyway, must go to Zzzzzzz's...big day tomorrow on the CRA front.

lightsabresmilies.gif

I'm often a sarcastic SOB and speak my mind (and I don't do PC at all), but I have a laugh as I go. I won't be intimidated, and I don't take prisoners... so live with it, or go get yourself a humour implant :p

Copy of Law book from Amazon…£19.95, Refund Request stamp...32p, LBA stamp...also 32p, Court fees...£750.00,

The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: These are my opinions and own view of legislation and process. I accept no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any or all of the advice given - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured legal professional.

Saying that, I've used these methods against many of these corporate crooks:evil: and won hands down!:D

Oh yeah, Good luck for today. Let us know.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Good to have you back SB. The fountain of knowledge is back open to drink. Beware the bitter taste though all thee that are not used to it.

;)

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

Oh yeah, Good luck for today. Let us know.

Surly is off to London today to take the Credit Agency issues to a higher audience.

He only has his pocket PCphone with him so I doubt that he will post until later. H e cannot type very quickly on this unit as it is touch screen device.

He's asked me to keep the fort today so I will update if I know anything.

Having said that, I thought that I would add a few notes of my own.

Although I help him with the legal precedent work, all this is off his own back and passion to seek a more fairly regulated industry. He devotes a great deal of time and energy into this campaign despite having a young family and running a successful business. He has funded his own campaign personally. He has read every related Act himself and I assure that he does understand them. I have not seen such dedication to education even from most Law students that I come across. For that he deserves his own credit. I simply advise as to how I think a judge would interpret it based on my experience.

Having read some of the recent postings from some people, it surprises me that some who claim to support this same ideal have been so aggressive. In my book, this was not necessary. They perhaps need to appreciate just how much work he puts in. For that work he seeks nothing but the satisfaction of redressing people's rights.

I agree that he can be a bit abrasive sometimes and his postings might not be everyone's cup of tea.But, his sarcastic humour is simply a release mechanism for the frustration that he encounters with the muppetts as he calls them. Having worked with him for nearly a year on these issues his wit and humour has been a Godsend. We have often got tired or come up against cantankerous obstruction. Some wit, no matter how dry,sometimes puts the whole thing into perspective.

I am glad to see that the issues have been sorted. But I would urge that the site owners make every effort to control any cage-rattling against Surly.

I am sure that most people can now see that he does not suffer fools gladly.

Let us all continue to keep the real issues in focus.You have my legal experience available via Surly as I support his view that there is a considerable injustice here.

We will continue to support the aims of the Consumer Group and wish everyone the best in their individual cases.

Yours, in justice.

Surly is off to London today to take the Credit Agency issues to a higher audience.

He only has his pocket PCphone with him so I doubt that he will post until later.

He's asked me to keep the fort today so I will update if I know anything.

Having said that, I thought that I would add a few notes of my own.

Although I help him with the legal precedent work, all this is off his own back and passion to seek a more fairly regulated industry. He devotes a great deal of time and energy into this campaign despite having a young family and running a successful business. He has funded his own campaign personally.

Having read some of the recent postings from some people, it surprises me that some who claim to support this same ideal have been so aggressive. In my book, this was not necessary. They perhaps need to appreciate just how much work he puts in. For that work he seeks nothing but the satisfaction of redressing people's rights.

I agree that he can be a bit abrasive sometimes and his postings might not be everyone's cup of tea.But, his sarcastic humour is simply a release mechanism for the frustration that he encounters with the muppetts as he calls them. Having worked with him for nearly a year on these issues his wit and humour has been a Godsend. We have often got tired or come up against cantankerous obstruction. Some wit, no matter how dry,sometimes puts the whole thing into perspective.

I am glad to see that the issues have been sorted. But I would urge that the site owners make every effort to control any cage-rattling against Surly.

I'm sure that most people can now see that he does not suffer fools gladly.

Let us all continue to keep the real issues in focus.You have my legal experience available via Surly as I support his view that there is a considerable injustice here.

We will continue to support the aims of the Consumer Group and wish everyone the best in their individual cases.

Yours, in justice.

Welcome and thank you for being here :D

Hi. Nice to meet the man behind the legend.

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

Well, I for one am glad to see things back to normal.

Welcome RileyQC - it's a pleasure to meet you even if only electronically.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

sb how have you got on today

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

Fingers tapping, wine drinking, telly watching, doodling, I will keep checking although I know it will probably be tomorrow.

How exciting.................good luck SB

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

I agree that he can be a bit abrasive sometimes and his postings might not be everyone's cup of tea.

No s**t Sherlock!!!.

troll-----> trollzapping.gif

P.S. Thanks unc, for blowing sunshine up my a**e :-D you embarrassing old f**t :p

Oooooh I can't stand the suspense! anyone heard?

Wxx

Updates in in new thread... Developments

troll-----> Surly
:p

On a more serious note, nice to see them finally concede that they do not, in fact, have a "legal right" to hold our information beyond CCJs (which when not satisfied in the usual 30 days are to be a matter of public record anyway).

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I'm not so sure that the guy who wrote the Experian letter is definitely correct. The Data Protection Act says:

SCHEDULE 2

CONDITIONS RELEVANT FOR PURPOSES OF THE FIRST PRINCIPLE: PROCESSING OF ANY PERSONAL DATA

6. - (1) The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where the processing is unwarranted in any particular case by reason of prejudice to the rights and freedoms or legitimate interests of the data subject.

This seems to suggest that once your data has been passed to the CRA they're allowed to keep it because it is in their legitimate interests to do so. Since they're licensed as CRAs it stands to reason that processing default information is a legitimate part of their business. Also, although six years is an awfully long time, the DPA is sufficiently vague that they can rely on the fifth data protection principle to justify it:

5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.

In other words, your contract says that they will supply your data to the CRA. The CRA's reason for keeping your data is quite different from the bank's, and they feel that in order to fulfill their 'legitimate interests', they need to keep it for six years.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

That may be the case, BUT schedule 2 goes onto say that it is the Secretary of State who decides what would constitute a legitimate interest. The licensing argument is based on the assumption that this is OK and has not to date been challenged. There is no Statutory Instrument that expressly gives them this right and consequently they have made decisions that only the Secretary of State has the power to make.

I'm not so sure that the guy who wrote the Experian letter is definitely correct. The Data Protection Act says:

In other words, your contract says that they will supply your data to the CRA. The CRA's reason for keeping your data is quite different from the bank's, and they feel that in order to fulfill their 'legitimate interests', they need to keep it for six years.

Noted... BUT, in that case, where is the "legitimate interest" between the customer and the CRA??... I've never signed anything between myself and the CRA, only between myself and the supplier, and the DPA gives no rights to a third party, especially for them to assume inherited rights based on the first contract.

If I give a friend permission to drive my car, it gives him no rights whatsoever to let someone else go drive it too, without my further permission.

In Law, for a 'legitimate interest' to exist, there needs to be either a statute, a contract or an interest under the Law of Tort.

For the first, there is no "six years" ANYWHERE in legislation, nor are the I.C.O.s contradictory statements any clearer - see below,

For the second, the contract has finished, and for the third, if anything, the CRA is the tortfeasor, not the consumer.

The word 'legitimate' derives from the Latin stem 'legis' (law) in that nothing is legitimate unless a 'law' of some sort defines it as so.

e.g. I have no legitimate interest in my neighbour, as we have no contract, and unless I break a criminal statute in actions against him, or invoke the Law of Tort (basically, the law of responsibility to others in society), that situation remains as "no legitimate interest".

Despite what the I.C.O. decided the other day over tea and bikkies, their own legal guidance document CLEARLY states:

"

3.1.4 Lawfulness

The Act does not provide any guidance on the meaning of "lawful". The natural meaning of unlawful has been broadly described by the Courts as "something which is contrary to some law or enactment or is done without lawful justification or excuse". (R v R [1991] 4All ER 481). The term applies equally to the public and private sector and to breaches of both statute and common law, whether criminal or civil. An example of information unlawfully obtained might be information, which is obtained as a result of a breach of confidence or in breach of an enforceable contractual agreement. Since 2 October 2000 it applies to a breach of the Human Rights Act 1998 by a data controller bound by that Act.

There are circumstances where an obligation of confidence arises between a data controller and an individual about whom information is recorded, for example, in relation to medical or banking information. The effect of an obligation of confidence is that a data controller is restricted from using the information for a purpose other than that for which it was provided or disclosing it without the individual’s permission. It would be unlawful for a data controller to do this unless there was some overriding reason in the public interest for this to happen. Where such personal data are processed for a purpose other than that for which the information was provided, the processing is likely to be unlawful processing.

"

"Overriding reason in the public interest"?? For a personal loan default that happened years ago.... I don't think so.

And would the Secretary of State wish to issue an exemption on each individual case... Hmmmmmm, methinks not.

I've never signed anything between myself and the CRA, only between myself and the supplier,
But presumably the agreement you signed explicitly stated that you agree to them passing the information to the CRA.

BUT schedule 2 goes onto say that it is the Secretary of State who decides what would constitute a legitimate interest.
Actually, what it says is:

(2) The Secretary of State may by order specify particular circumstances in which this condition is, or is not, to be taken to be satisfied.

I don't think you could interpret it to say that the Secretary of State has to decide what are the Data Controller's 'legitimate interests', only that he may decide to do so. Also, I think that it would be very much in the interests of the CRA (to whom you have agreed to let your data be given), to keep it, because that is the fundamental nature of their business.

What 6.1 does say is that the 'legitimate interests' of the data subject outweigh the 'legitimate interests' of the data controller or the third party:

...except where the processing is unwarranted in any particular case by reason of prejudice to the rights and freedoms or legitimate interests of the data subject

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.