moneybox radio 4

Seminole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be listening.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It may have been radio but you could almost see the A&L woman squirming.

Did she really say that if anyone has a bank charge that you could either pop some money into the account or ring them up and they would "extend your overdraft"? Is that a binding contract?

Yes, indeed she did!

Of course she forgot to say that cash often takes 3 days to 'clear' as well - so just 'popping some cash in' isn't really an option at all.

All in all, it was not very good - Marc was good, although he avoided the question as well as the next bank employee!! ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I'm impressed with the editing. My entire bit was spliced from about twenty minutes of chat with the guy!

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

It may have been radio but you could almost see the A&L woman squirming.
I thought her obvious discomfort spoke absolute volumes aboutr the bank's predicament.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Yes, indeed she did!

Of course she forgot to say that cash often takes 3 days to 'clear' as well - so just 'popping some cash in' isn't really an option at all.

All in all, it was not very good - Marc was good, although he avoided the question as well as the next bank employee!! ;-)

Actually (from the comfort of my study and not a studio being interrogated by a journalist) is that a lot of people are actually recovering a few hundred quid. I think it might be worthwhile to do some statistics on the settlements we do know about. The trouble is that the small ones probably aren't being reported.

Yes, indeed she did!

;-)

Too true. And you cannot tell from your online account how much you really have. I have to confess to concern that their are a lot of people out there who have not experienced the banks "charges" and how it affects your life, and so would worry how it might affect them in the future if the banks started charges for all. There are times when you might not have some cash to "pop" in, and if it's a choice between feeding your family, or feeding the banks greed, there is no contest. It can be hard to understand if you haven't experienced it. Personally I feel that we have behaved responsibly by ensuring that we have fed, clothed and provided shoes for our kids. It will be interesting to see the results of the Beebs survey.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just listened to this as I missed it at 12. I thought it was tomorrow!!

Well done guys for speaking up.

Did I hear right that the A&L woman actually said they will pay up rather than go to court and defend, and will continue to do so?!?!?!?

[

am I correct in thinking that she has lent ammunition to anyone who wants to challenge account closures when she said they are only closing accounts of those who take them to court-ie anyone who has to resort to legal redress to get back what was stolen from them!!

perhaps a transcript of the programme might be useful to A+L potential litigants.....

The main points that came over loud and clear from A&L and the BBA was that

1. The banks are never going to step into court and they're going to keep paying out

2. They will take whatever retalitary action they can think of so open a parachute account before starting action

Loud and clear. And that's exactly what we've all been saying all along. It's unbelievable that they are actually stating this.

[

am I correct in thinking that she has lent ammunition to anyone who wants to challenge account closures when she said they are only closing accounts of those who take them to court-ie anyone who has to resort to legal redress to get back what was stolen from them!!

perhaps a transcript of the programme might be useful to A+L potential litigants.....

And when the banks submit to the courts that they will defend and then don't, surely that's a waste of court time and tax-payers money. MY money!!!

[

Whizzkid made this point in his claim against Abbey I believe. Is there a way of lobbying the courts about this generally, or would we be shooting ourselves in the foot?

Certainly a point to consider for future press interwiews.

Very interesting to listen to what was said and the banks response!!

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

Did I hear right that the A&L woman actually said they will pay up rather than go to court and defend, and will continue to do so?!?!?!?

Do you think they will still make the claimants do a Moneyclaim, or will they start paying up earlier? If they let a claim go to court, when they have been warned in the LBA that this will be done, they are wasting court resources as Vamp says.

I will be able to do a Moneyclaim against A&L on 22nd of this month. Wonder if I can somehow include that A&L have stated they will pay up before court, and what the court reaction would be to this.:cool:

I think the banks will always go as far as submitting a defence as they'll try to scare off potential claimants until the bitter end. Not to mention, in a few cases I expect claimants will never go to court as they just can't spare the initial £110.

The moneybox program & recent press about the subject is making the bank's course of action pretty clear. They will never step into a courtroom so their method of attack is to try & scare as many people as possible into not claiming by:

1. Threatening to withdraw banking facilities if you fight back.

2. Saying the word "irresponsible" as often as possible to stigmatise claiming (submitting a claim means admitting being irresposible with your money).

They're choosing to fight this phsychologically rather than in the court room.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

I think the banks will always go as far as submitting a defence as they'll try to scare off potential claimants until the bitter end. Not to mention, in a few cases I expect claimants will never go to court as they just can't spare the initial £110.

The moneybox program & recent press about the subject is making the bank's course of action pretty clear. They will never step into a courtroom so their method of attack is to try & scare as many people as possible into not claiming by:

1. Threatening to withdraw banking facilities if you fight back.

2. Saying the word "irresponsible" as often as possible to stigmatise claiming (submitting a claim means admitting being irresposible with your money).

They're choosing to fight this phsychologically rather than in the court room.

And they're going to get taken to the cleaners for doing so.

More importantly, I don't this stance can survive regulatory and political scruitiny. If the banks are tacitly admitting that their legal position cannot be defended, then their current approach is unsustaiinable.

More importantly, I don't this stance can survive regulatory and political scruitiny. If the banks are tacitly admitting that their legal position cannot be defended, then their current approach is unsustaiinable.

I am really not convinced that the A&L spokesperson fully realised the implications of what she was tacitly admitting to. I imagine her interview with the journo was much longer, and she may have been lulled into a false sense of security, which has worked to the customers advantage. More incompetence on their part I think>

I could not hear it through aol media player, but you should be able to play it through the bbc radio player. Have consulted with aol help about this, they say maybe bbc does not let you play this on anything but bbc radio player.

Hope this solves the problem.