moneybox radio 4

Seminole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been listening to it.

It played OK on my PC with REALplayer.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Gob-smacked !

I thought that the interviewer was patronising to BAG. members.

That said, he did redeem himself with the question of the lawfullness of the charges.... the representative of the banks was made to feel very uncomfortable.... this was obvious from her voice.

Closing accounts doesn't suprise me..... The banking industry is like a spoilt child...... If you won't play my games, then I'm taking my ball in, so there !

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

It was me who was on at the beginning describing how I got my dosh back from Abbey. My bit was edited together from about 20 minutes of chatting to the guy. He asked some good questions, and I gave some forthright answers, but I wouldn't say he was patronising to me.

I thought the A&L and BBA women came across very poorly, and I would say that they did the banks' position no favours at all. That being said, they were trying to put a fundamentally weak point across, which was always going to be difficult.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I listened yesterday lunchtime with interest. This subject has been on Moneybox a couple of times recently, and after the last time (2-3 weeks ago) I sent my story into Radio4/Moneybox. Unfortunately all I got was a 'standard' reply saying someone might follow it up in the future.

Thanks to the piece yesterday I knew which links to follow to end up here - and after reading a couple of people's stories I'm dying to get my teeth into a few characters at HSBC and MBNA :evil:

Good work on the radio - you didn't take any rubbish and the bank's words were defensive and weak. [ and nice to 'meet' you all :) ]

Hello TaylorMade, welcome and good luck with your claims.

We were all so indignant after the programme that we forgot to say thanks (like you did) to Robertxc and seminole for their contributions.

So, to Robertxc and seminole, THANKS and well done.

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

If people hadn't already realised, you can listen to this on "listen again" service from the bbc website. I think it only stays up until the next program, but if you missed it - you've still got about 24-hours to listen.

Maybe I'm suffering from hearing problems, but when asked if the £50 od charge was truly the cost to the bank, the A&L lady clearly said "no, but it is fair". Is that a public admission?

And also; Their position is that it would be too expensive to fight these cases, on the basis that it would cost them too much to defend individual cases. According to the survey, A&L have handed over (for no reason) £31,942 to people on the BAG survey. If they had spent £20,000 defending the first claim, they would have saved £12k... And possibly much more. Does that make business sense to *anybody*???

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Hello TaylorMade, welcome and good luck with your claims.

We were all so indignant after the programme that we forgot to say thanks (like you did) to Robertxc and seminole for their contributions.

So, to Robertxc and seminole, THANKS and well done.

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

Just to say, it wasn't me.

I thought it was BankFodder. Kind of guessed it was Robert when they introduced him. Sorry, forgot to say before, well done Robert and ?:rolleyes:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If anyone wishes to hear this broadcast, click on the link below and on the page click Money Box just under the Radio 4 logo near the top right of the page.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/moneybox/default.stm

Regards to all,

PeteCC

NatWest, claimed £521.00, settled in full.

Data Protection Act to LTSB (sent 15th June) Received statements 10/7/2006. Claiming £570.50. Sent claim 17th July Reply received 21st July. (sent LBA 22nd July) Then the procrastination started. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/11169-peters-progress.html

Settled in full £905.18, confirmation faxed to the court the day before I appeared, which meant I didn't know 'til the Judge told me.

Letter requesting disclosure of account info from Thoburn's bailiffs. (sent) Data Protection Act to follow.

Ooh, the suspenders is killing me!

:D

Maybe I'm suffering from hearing problems, but when asked if the £50 od charge was truly the cost to the bank, the A&L lady clearly said "no, but it is fair". Is that a public admission?

And another useful telephone conversation which presumably went unrecorded and so is completely deniable by the bank

And another useful telephone conversation which presumably went unrecorded and so is completely deniable by the bank.

It was on the radio programme! Broadcast nationally and 100% un-deniable!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

It was priceless.

"Why don't you take one of these cases to court and get a judgement to stop all these claims?"

"We prefer to carry on dealing with the claims as we have so far (i.e. paying them)"

Smile? - I laughed and laughed.

A good listen, well done Robert and I think Bankfoddder points put over quite comprehensively!! on the other hand the bank rep was not very good, but very interesting the fact that they will continue to pay up and not fight!!

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

Well done Robert and Bankfodder. Excellent interviews. The lady banker didn't sound very convincing to me. Made a few ambiguous statements. The threat of account closures was very clear though, wasn't it?

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

For the benefit of Bookworm and anyone else who can't listen to it a full transcript can be found here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/programmes/money_box/transcripts/10_06_06.txt

• Confused 1

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.